Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Brady is getting older. Tebow could come in and be a goal line QB or RB. Belicheat would love to tinker and find a spot for Tebow.
    Brady would have a fit if he was taken out of the goal line for Tebow. Get real. That's Brady's bread & butter with Gronk.

BB might allow hubris to have him bring in Tebow, but I think he'll realize it's more of a headache than it's worth.

Also, I think the Pats players would resent it. Remember, the 2 times they played Tebow they absolutely destroyed him and his team. Now, he'll be the 2nd biggest star on the team next to Brady and no where near the level of contribution.

I bet Brady wouldn't want him on the team. How many Tebow questions do you think he'll get in interviews?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good lord....The Jets are just being stubborn now.

CUT THIS LOSER, IDZIK!!

You're not going to get ANYTHING for him anyway.

Just get rid of him so we can get rid of his "fans" here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Good lord....The Jets are just being stubborn now.

CUT THIS LOSER, IDZIK!!

You're not going to get ANYTHING for him anyway.

Just get rid of him so we can get rid of his "fans" here.
    Why so impatient?

I'm glad Idzik is shopping Tebow, some other team may see some value and offer a low round pick for him. It certainly doesn't hurt to explore that avenue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, as I sit here on the toilet reading this, I can't help but think about all the craps I've taken and how not once has it ever occurred to me to scoop one back out and try to barter with it.

Just flush, Idzik.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You know, as I sit here on the toilet reading this, I can't help but think about all the craps I've taken and how not once has it ever occurred to me to scoop one back out and try to barter with it.

Just flush, Idzik.
    .... : with that lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I keep hearing about this "distraction" caused by Tebow fans and personally, I think it's way over blown. Call it bad luck if you will, but Tebow has found himself on two different teams that had lousy QBs who weren't winning. I mean, fans in KC this year were chanting for their backup QB. Hell, many of them even applauded when Cassell got injured.

Orton was something like 6-22 in his previous starts and everyone here is well aware of Sanchez's troubles. IF Tebow hadn't been on either team, then fans of both would have been chanting the names of whomever the backup QB was. Here, it would have been chants for Stanton.

Additionally, does anyone really believe that huge numbers of "real Jets fans" had their tickets snatched up by Tebow fans ? Or, is it much more likely that most of those fans who were chanting "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" were actually "real Jets fans" who were fed up with Sanchez's continued failure ?

There's a simple answer to the "Tebow" chants and his "horde" of fans who supposedly make things intolerable. Simply have a GOOD QB who doesn't SUCK. Problem solved.
    The thing your forgetting Tebow wasn't the backup in Denver. He was the third string just like McElroy. They (Tebow's fans) were calling for him and putting pressure on that couching staff to put him in even though he was outplayed in practice/preseason by the backup. He didn't outplay McElroy in practice nor preseason. You saw him throw in preseason and he looked worse than either QB. So yes his fans are a problem for some teams.