Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life deals some major perspective

Jesus. That's just awful. It's really hard to be thankful for things until you run into hardship. I need to nail it into my head daily how good I have it. My mother always says you should be thankful every day you simply have your health and times like these you see how true that is even if it's hard to get the proper perspective sometimes.

To think I was just worked up about Guido pretending Sherman is a better corner than Revis because he gets paid less on his rookie deal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Apparently he started feeling sick on the way out there, but didn't want to say anything. Pneumonia is the rumor kicking around. Just a super nice kid and probably didn't want to ruin anything for anyone. No drugs or anything like that, he was a straightlaced kid. Ironically being too nice might have made the situation get to where it did. Too early to say for sure what really happened.
    Wow, how terrible that all that can happen to one family.

Pneumonia could very well be the cause. My husband went from "not feeling well" to the ICU on life support in no time because of double pneumonia, then then went into sepsis. It really can be a killer.

shakin -- I'm sure you'll give your son all the support he needs to help him through this. What a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Wow, how terrible that all that can happen to one family.

Pneumonia could very well be the cause. My husband went from "not feeling well" to the ICU on life support in no time because of double pneumonia, then then went into sepsis. It really can be a killer.

shakin -- I'm sure you'll give your son all the support he needs to help him through this. What a tragedy.
    Always trying to "out do" folks. Like sepsis is any big deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It's good to add a little levity to a very depressing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    oh yeah? Come back and talk to us when it's triple pneumonia!

Hall Of Fame
    I will shortly acquire a disease of which there have only been 5- 7 known cases and it will be named simply after an Eastern European man who succumbed to it.

Something like Gunther Krupke Syndrome.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I will shortly acquire a disease of which there have only been 5- 7 known cases and it will be named simply after an Eastern European man who succumbed to it.

Something like Gunther Krupke Syndrome.
    _

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    _

-
    I really LOL'd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly why my perspective on happiness has changed. I used to need good things in my life to make me happy. Now I'm happy when my family, friends, and I don't have anything bad going on. I don't look at boring or mundane times as negative, I see them as time without grief.
    I have lived this way for a long time. Two of my best friends died during senior year of HS. Neither death was related but they happened within about 6 weeks. I think I learned then that I wasn't invincible and that life was incredibly important.

I am not materialistic at all. I enjoy my life every day with my family and friends. Plus I have very strong faith. That helps a lot.

Then when times come like 2011, when three of my best friends, including my best man, all died suddenly within about 7 months, I was able to deal with it better.

We only have a relatively short time on this planet so we should be as happy as possible and enjoy our friends and family every day because any day could be our last.

That said, I still can't imagine the shock and pain that his family is going thru. Hard not to feel like your entire world is crumbling around you. It's beyond sad for any parent to lose a child.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

Then when times come like 2011, when three of my best friends, including my best man, all died suddenly within about 7 months, I was able to deal with it better.

Good God, man..... do you live in Bosnia?

-

Hall Of Fame
    _

-
    you'll feel bad when I catch the Krupke

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I really LOL'd.
    you'll feel bad when I catch the Krupke
    I was really waiting for you to post some wordy, flowery ode to some foo fee cheese in your cheese thread, but you pretty much stuck to "I like stink cheese", insulted everyone else, and left the rest to Borgo.

SO this'll do.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Good God, man..... do you live in Bosnia?

-
    Totally f*cked up. One friend dropped dead of a massive heart attack in December of 2010, another died of complications of a massive stroke brought on by weight issues in March and the third was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer on June 1st and was gone on June 12th.

All shocking and sudden. Nothing that could be done to help. You just enjoy the memory of the time you had and keep on living.

Totally f*cked up. One friend dropped dead of a massive heart attack in December of 2010, another died of complications of a massive stroke brought on by weight issues in March and the third was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer on June 1st and was gone on June 12th.

All shocking and sudden. Nothing that could be done to help. You just enjoy the memory of the time you had and keep on living.
    Cross, no way you ever considered me a "friend", right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Jeebus.

At least you came through it with your perspective straight.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jeebus.

At least you came through it with your perspective straight.

-
    Oh, most definitely.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Oh, most definitely.

Not sure if inappropriate. Not meant to be. Stinky cheese detour has thrown my bearings off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cross, no way you ever considered me a "friend", right?

No, don't worry, I never liked you.

Not sure if inappropriate. Not meant to be. Stinky cheese detour has thrown my bearings off.
    Not inappropriate in my book. I have always said that you should laugh even on your worst day.

I had a copy of this pic at a course where I worked and the caption read:

I'm your average, every day, slobby green sleeper.
    Some people think I'm an idiot...
    Others haven't met me yet.
    Last edited by crossfire; 02-21-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

Cripes, who was the dealer working the shoe at that table?

:igotcancersoirreveranceisok:

Seriously, that's awful. Between this, Bing and my thread we have going, there needs to be an infusion of the funny in the Hampur. And a cheese thread ain't gonna......ahem......cut it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Cripes
    Seriously, that's awful. Between this, Bing and my thread we have going, there needs to be an infusion of the funny in the Hampur. And a cheese thread ain't gonna......ahem......cut it.
    ================================================== ====

I'm still suffering from Gideon's Disease, just didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ================================================== ====

I'm still suffering from Gideon's Disease, just didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

I have it too, so there!