Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which would you rather in the first and second rounds??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    so for a team that can't score, you want to take a defensive player and a guard in the first two rounds? good thing you guys aren't the gms.

the simple, indisputable bottom line is that, while the jets have many positions of need, they need players who can score. if they once again ignore this concept - that they need to draft offensive playmakers early in the draft - they will once again struggle to score, regardless of who plays quarterback.

I know, right?! And the amazing thing is they have this attitude in a draft loaded with high-end skill position talent. I mean, Geno Smith, Keenan Allen, Eddie Lacy . . . if those players don't scream "dominant perennial all-pro," I don't know who does . . .

Bottom line, you can't draft what isn't there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Newsflash: Moore, Werner, Mingo, Jones, Ansah, and Jordan aren't all going to develop into dominant passrushers at the next level.
    Oh, ok. Didn't get that memo. Thanks for filling me in.

And for the record, I prefer the Warmack/Okafor scenario. I'd actually prefer a Warmack/best TE or RB scenario even better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I know, right?! And the amazing thing is they have this attitude in a draft loaded with high-end skill position talent. I mean, Geno Smith, Keenan Allen, Eddie Lacy . . . if those players don't scream "dominant perennial all-pro," I don't know who does . . .

Bottom line, you can't draft what isn't there.
    Thank you for saying this before i did because you said it much nicer than I might have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    neither

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    warmack/okafor really like both at 1 & 2. would love seeing this. also lets take a shot at landry jones if available in rd. 4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally i would prefer Ziggy Ansah and Tavis Frederick. I really want that 13th pick from Tampa for Revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    neither
    Same here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ansah and Bernard

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No kidding

And you always hear these same people go on about "you don't draft for need, take the BAP".

I guess that philosophy gets tossed out the window when it comes to OLB.

Newsflash: Moore, Werner, Mingo, Jones, Ansah, and Jordan aren't all going to develop into dominant passrushers at the next level.
    That's BS. I could do the same thing and say Warmack isn't going to be a dominant guard at the next level too. It's always a chance. I would take Moore over Warmack and not look back. Jones too if the docs felt he was clear medically.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    That's BS. I could do the same thing and say Warmack isn't going to be a dominant guard at the next level too. It's always a chance. I would take Moore over Warmack and not look back. Jones too if the docs felt he was clear medically.
    You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying. You think there are going to be 5-6 elite passrushers to come out of this draft, much less the 1st round alone? Please.

At least half of these guys are going to be total flops.

There are some on this board who want a passrusher at #9, regardless of who it is.

That's drafting strictly for need. Basically what dumb teams do.

You don't see me running around screaming for us to draft every OG under the sun. The only OL I give two sh*ts about taking in Round 1 is Warmack. Why? Because he's arguably the best overall player in this draft and a rare prospect at his position.

I'm all for taking the BAP, and if Warmack is still on the board when we pick, odds are he's that guy. Period.

Also, according to Tony, Jarvis Jones is about to experience a Daquan Bowers-esque drop into the 2nd/3rd round. No damn way I take him over Warmack. Dude is one collision away from being confined to a wheelchair.

And it's HIGHLY unlikely that Moore falls to us.

So, do I take a total boom or bust prospect like Ansah or a highly inconsistent stickman like Mingo over Warmack? Not a chance in hell.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying. You think there are going to be 5-6 elite passrushers to come out of this draft, much less the 1st round alone? Please.

At least half of these guys are going to be total flops.

There are some on this board who want a passrusher at #9, regardless of who it is.

That's drafting strictly for need. Basically what dumb teams do.

You don't see me running around screaming for us to draft every OG under the sun. The only OL I give two sh*ts about taking in Round 1 is Warmack. Why? Because he's arguably the best overall player in this draft and a rare prospect at his position.

I'm all for taking the BAP, and if Warmack is still on the board when we pick, odds are he's that guy. Period.

Also, according to Tony, Jarvis Jones is about to experience a Daquan Bowers-esque drop into the 2nd/3rd round. No damn way I take him over Warmack. Dude is one collision away from being confined to a wheelchair.

And it's HIGHLY unlikely that Moore falls to us.

So, do I take a total boom or bust prospect like Ansah or a highly inconsistent stickman like Mingo over Warmack? Not a chance in hell.
    Okay my bad I clearly was misinterpreting what you were saying. Tony has stated that Mingo is a monster pass rusher, only reason I am really that high on him. I mean I definitely would not be unhappy with Warmack over Mingo, Warmack is definitely the safer pick. However, I think Moore falls. I have this feeling he will test poorly kinda like Warmack. Guys like Ansah and Mingo will rise due to the opposite (testing REALLY well). For me the pick comes down to Warmack v. Moore v. Mingo. If Jones is really the risk you say he is then I guess he's out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Okay my bad I clearly was misinterpreting what you were saying. Tony has stated that Mingo is a monster pass rusher, only reason I am really that high on him. I mean I definitely would not be unhappy with Warmack over Mingo, Warmack is definitely the safer pick. However, I think Moore falls. I have this feeling he will test poorly kinda like Warmack. Guys like Ansah and Mingo will rise due to the opposite (testing REALLY well). For me the pick comes down to Warmack v. Moore v. Mingo. If Jones is really the risk you say he is then I guess he's out.
    Mingo has a lot of potential as a passrusher, but his build scares me. The dude is built like a safety. Sure, he can bulk up. But will that hamper his athleticism which is his biggest trait?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mingo has a lot of potential as a passrusher, but his build scares me. The dude is built like a safety. Sure, he can bulk up. But will that hamper his athleticism which is his biggest trait?
    I agree. Spot on assessment. Like I said only guy I would be pissed if we passed over for Warmack would be Moore. The rest are not really complete prospects. Mingo I like if only because Tony liked what he saw on tape and I see him a bit like Von Miller.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No to Mingo

LSU Dlinemen don't pan out

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    No to Mingo

LSU Dlinemen don't pan out
    This is a valid concern too.

Guys like Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey were supposed to be studs and they've been mediocre at best.

Hell, I remember when a ton of people were calling Dorsey the next Warren Sapp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @jetswhispers: Demontre Moore a big question mark #nyj http://t.co/0RV4lRa7d4

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL...Jesus, is anyone worthy of a top 10 pick this year???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id take Moore. same thing happened to Suggs cuz he wasn't fast in his 40 time. Look at the tape!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...Jesus, is anyone worthy of a top 10 pick this year???
    They're all allergic to our money

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Please fall, I would be so happy if we got Moore in our laps

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    Id take Moore. same thing happened to Suggs cuz he wasn't fast in his 40 time. Look at the tape!
    Really like this player, but

No natural strength
    Character issues
    Position change

I prefer Ansah.