Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would you rather in the first and second rounds??

Hall Of Fame

Which would you rather in the first and second rounds??

Warmack/ Okafor OR Jordan/ Warford.

No trade scenarios, just base it on where the Jets are currently slotted.

Personally, I'd like a home run pick instead of a bust, or a project, or anything like that. I'd like the player that steps onto the field day 1 and the fans are like "oh, we did good with that pick" from day 1, and even before the season starts.

I don't care what position, since we can't draft a QB this year. Just get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

Warmack. By all accounts he's more of a sure thing. If there is such a thing when it comes to the draft Lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Warmack. By all accounts he's more of a sure thing. If there is such a thing when it comes to the draft Lol.
    Very true. I am just wondering if the drop off from Warmack to Warford is less than the drop off from Jordan to Okafor.

I go with the pass rusher in round one though I'm not convinced that Jordan at 9 is the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Warmack/Okafor

Best OG prospect in over a decade and a relentless passrusher with a non-stop motor. Okafor isn't the greatest athlete, but he goes all out on every down, whistle to whistle.

If you're looking for a stud passrusher, Jordan isn't that guy. He's more in the mold of guys like Bryan Thomas/Manny Lawson. Jack of all trades, master of none.

And I like Warford, but he's strictly a roadgrader. Tends to be a bit shaky in pass protection. Not on the same planet as Warmack.

All League

Jordan/Warford... although I'd hate to waste a 2nd rounder on a Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Warmack/Okafor

Best OG prospect in over a decade and a relentless passrusher with a non-stop motor. Okafor isn't the greatest athlete, but he goes all out on every down, whistle to whistle.

If you're looking for a stud passrusher, Jordan isn't that guy. He's more in the mold of guys like Bryan Thomas/Manny Lawson. Jack of all trades, master of none.

And I like Warford, but he's strictly a roadgrader. Tends to be a bit shaky in pass protection. Not on the same planet as Warmack.
    This - was my first mock for the Jets, in fact. Swap Ansah for Jordan (Ansah is a better passrusher and has JPP upside) and you've got a serious debate. Can't go wrong with either of those two pairings, IMO.

Warmack and Okefor for the jets,

to me your getting Carl Nicks and Bryan Thomas, guys who play

All Pro
    Clearly warmack. By the time the draft gets here, jordan could be still there in rnd 2. Guy isnt the answer.

I see the "rah rah pass rusher" mob is already in fine form.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I see the "rah rah pass rusher" mob is already in fine form.
    No kidding

And you always hear these same people go on about "you don't draft for need, take the BAP".

I guess that philosophy gets tossed out the window when it comes to OLB.

Newsflash: Moore, Werner, Mingo, Jones, Ansah, and Jordan aren't all going to develop into dominant passrushers at the next level.

All Pro
    And now round 2 is too early to take an OG? Really?

Put me in camp Warmack. I just don't trust any of the OLBs at 9. I think one or two of them may pan out, but I can't for the life of me guess as to which. I'll take the sure thing at 9 and guess at 39 rather than the other way around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

Put me in camp Warmack. I just don't trust any of the OLBs at 9. I think one or two of them may pan out, but I can't for the life of me guess as to which. I'll take the sure thing at 9 and guess at 39 rather than the other way around.
    Exactly

In fact, the only two passrushers that I'm confident won't be busts are Moore and Jones. And Jones' injury history scares the crap out of me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Since so many want Warmack, it is inevidable that we pick someone else.

In the WCO a guard like Warmack would be huge.

so for a team that can't score, you want to take a defensive player and a guard in the first two rounds? good thing you guys aren't the gms.

the simple, indisputable bottom line is that, while the jets have many positions of need, they need players who can score. if they once again ignore this concept - that they need to draft offensive playmakers early in the draft - they will once again struggle to score, regardless of who plays quarterback.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    so for a team that can't score, you want to take a defensive player and a guard in the first two rounds? good thing you guys aren't the gms.

the simple, indisputable bottom line is that, while the jets have many positions of need, they need players who can score. if they once again ignore this concept - that they need to draft offensive playmakers early in the draft - they will once again struggle to score, regardless of who plays quarterback.
    So offer up your first and second round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

With the new CBA you can now take a guard in the 1st round & move on without killing your cap!
    The only reason Guards weren't taken before is because of slotting & the salary that went along with it.
    The rookie cap has changed all that.
    Jets need to fix this Oline so even Suckchez can perform behind it.

* Especially if we trade Revis & end up with more picks. I want STUDS regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    With the new CBA you can now take a guard in the 1st round & move on without killing your cap!
    The only reason Guards weren't taken before is because of slotting & the salary that went along with it.
    The rookie cap has changed all that.
    Jets need to fix this Oline so even Suckchez can perform behind it.

* Especially if we trade Revis & end up with more picks. I want STUDS regardless of position.
    Per Kirwan with the passing game taking over the NFL, Guards are important to clean up the center/middle pocket for the QB to step into.

All Pro
    His heart is in the right place but like others here, they fail to realize that our cap casualties arent holmes, kerley, Sanchez (I wish) and such. Its our shleppy lineman and backers. Not a lot is going to look different in 2013 on offense - personel wise.

if the jets can't trade back, pick at #9 and there's just nothing close to value on offensive skill positions, i'd like either jones, jordan or vacarro. vacarro is intriguing b/c revis and/or landry could be gone and the jets will need another playmaker back there.

if the jets wind up going defense in the first, they would do well to take an offensive skill player in the 2nd somehow. if i had my way they'd wind up with patterson in the first and a guard in the 2nd. they drafted coples and davis last year who are both ready for expanded roles and they need to invest high picks in dynamic offensive talents and they need a guard who can step in day 1.