Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow backs out of controversial church appearance

Tebow backs out of controversial church appearance

Tim Tebow has withdrawn his appearance at a controversial church in Houston:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...ermon/1926135/

Jets Insider VIP
    Doesn't want to sully his reputation therefore preventing the Toronto Argonauts or Montreal Alhouettes from signing him.

Good for Brother Tim.

All Pro
    "Due to new information that has come to my attention".

LOL, you just found out they hate almost everyone in the world even though they call themselves 'Christians'?

Canonize this beast!

I'm actually kind of disappointed.

Gotta protect that image.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Good for him. Everything about him - except his prowess as a QB - has even exceeded his reputation.

I have nothing but respect for Tebow. He handled a horrible situation last year with the utmost grace and dignity. I also think he has value to add on some NFL team. After last year though, its not going to be in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Doesn't want to sully his reputation therefore preventing the Toronto Argonauts or Montreal Alhouettes from signing him.
    LMAO- since Canada's even more liberal than NY and he doesn't want to alienate the fanbase of his future (and some of his current) team(s).

I didn't click the link but,

The way I heard it, was he cancelled when he got a text message from tannenbaum about doing an extension ala sanchez.

Wait a second, first we hear how there's not much interest in him from other NFL franchises. Then he cancels this appearance so soon after the Pope resigns? Coincidence? I think not. Somebody's considering a career change.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Wait a second, first we hear how there's not much interest in him from other NFL franchises. Then he cancels this appearance so soon after the Pope resigns? Coincidence? I think not. Somebody's considering a career change.....
    Dude- If I could I would rep you big time

Pope Tim....?

Pope Tebow....?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm actually kind of disappointed.
    If it is true he said derogatory things about Judaism Tebow is right to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    What about Islam and Mormonism? What about gays?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Good for him. Everything about him - except his prowess as a QB - has even exceeded his reputation.

I have nothing but respect for Tebow. He handled a horrible situation last year with the utmost grace and dignity. I also think he has value to add on some NFL team. After last year though, its not going to be in NY.
    The whole team went through a horrible situation, what makes how he handled it so special? I'm tired of people thinking the Jets treated him bad last year. He obviously didn't do enough to warrant more playing time or even a chance to start in a game. There are 30 other players that go through the same thing on game day, he's not the only one. Why people think he should have just gotten a shot b/c he's "Tebow" is beyond me. If he didn't earn it then he shouldn't have gotten one. He's no different then any other backup on the Jets except for the media coverage and that shouldn't dictate playing time. Jesus, I'm tired of this idea that Tebow got screwed over last year by the Jets. He screwed himself over by not being good enough to warrant more playing time.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

I agree.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They're all good reasons to back away from those religious psychos. However, it is particularly poor judgement related to Judaism because the NY Jets have a very large number of Jewish fans across the country and plenty of Jewish season ticket holders...in case you didn't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And what about gay Mormon polygamists?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Exactly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    This is not the place to preach your religious preference