Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: Free Agent- Trade- Combine news and rumors.

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like Tanny is working for NFLN. With Pioli.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/1...in-nfl-network

    What a snooze fest that is going to be.
    Just watched Mr t working on path to the draft, and he dud a very good job asking chip Kelly questions and did a solid job taking about how teams approach this week.
    Discussed how the jets evaluated Coples and eventually decided to pick him.
    He isn't the clearest of speakers but he seems pretty good behind the Mike.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Just watched Mr t working on path to the draft, and he dud a very good job asking chip Kelly questions and did a solid job taking about how teams approach this week.
    Discussed how the jets evaluated Coples and eventually decided to pick him.
    He isn't the clearest of speakers but he seems pretty good behind the Mike.

    Link? Or just TV?

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Uhhh come again?

    Are you saying if someone signed our UDFA/twice cut/2011Practice Squad-RFA, we could possibly get a first rounder back?

    I'm so giddy that I'm confused...is this really a possibility?
    yes if somebody signed him to a deal and the jets did not match they would get a #1 pick if he was tendered at the 2.9mill level, if he was tendered at the 2.2 mill level the jets would get a 2nd, if he was tendered at the 1.3 level the jets just get the right to match.but no compensation.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe he would warrant a 1st round tender. However maybe he showed enough to justify it, the Jets are not in a position of strength when it comes to RT after the Hunter debacle.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I can't believe he would warrant a 1st round tender. However maybe he showed enough to justify it, the Jets are not in a position of strength when it comes to RT after the Hunter debacle.
    Well the jets have to tender him at least the 2.2 level, because that will inhibit teams from offering him a contract, if they tage him at the lowest amount the right of first refusal wont be any use give then jets cap situation. .

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Jets scheduled to meet tomorrow with agent for RT Austin Howard, their top RFA. Could warrant first-round tender. #Jets
    That seems a bit of overkill, me thinks. No one will touch him with a second round tender, why the need to give him the 1st rounder? And if someone does in fact make him an offer at the second round level, I'll drive the dude to the airport.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That seems a bit of overkill, me thinks. No one will touch him with a second round tender, why the need to give him the 1st rounder? And if someone does in fact make him an offer at the second round level, I'll drive the dude to the airport.
    I agree, $2M in stead of $2.9M makes more sense. There's no way in hell anyone is giving up a 2nd round pick for him anyhow.

    Edit: Slightly more

    Level 1: 1,323,000 $ (ROFR)
    Level 2: 1,323,000 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Original Round Pick)
    Level 3: 2,023,088 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Second Round Pick)
    Level 4: 2,878,628 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (First Round Pick)
    Last edited by Batmans A Scientist; 02-21-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @WFAN660: Brian Cushing on the Matt Slauson block that ended his season: "There was nothing clean about it." | http://t.co/OWQxtO6sIe #Jets
    Kinda like your drug test results, eh, Big Bri?

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That seems a bit of overkill, me thinks. No one will touch him with a second round tender, why the need to give him the 1st rounder? And if someone does in fact make him an offer at the second round level, I'll drive the dude to the airport.
    +1

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard was competent at RT and had his moments esp against Super Mario but we need him to take another step up this year or the Jets get an upgrade at RT. He is servicable I'll give him that. The 1st round tender appears to be more of a strategic tactic by the Jets to ward off suitors rather than a reflection of his true worth.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard was the third worst OT in the NFL (64+ starters) when it came to pass protection. He allowed the third most amount of sacks. How the hell is he worth a tender at all? What is the love affair with this guy? This is going to be his fourth year out of college. When does the "promise" tag leave? When he's 30? Is he better than EZPass Hunter? Yes. A cardboard box is more competent than Hunter, but he's nothing special. Heck, he's not even mediocre. He's a below average RT. Tender him at the lowest tender possible for the lone reason that you don't want to have nobody their at RT.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Howard was the third worst OT in the NFL (64+ starters) when it came to pass protection. He allowed the third most amount of sacks. How the hell is he worth a tender at all? What is the love affair with this guy? This is going to be his fourth year out of college. When does the "promise" tag leave? When he's 30? Is he better than EZPass Hunter? Yes. A cardboard box is more competent than Hunter, but he's nothing special. Heck, he's not even mediocre. He's a below average RT. Tender him at the lowest tender possible for the lone reason that you don't want to have nobody their at RT.
    Wrong again. Going by the last 8 games he's about average pass blocking, and a lot of that is the fault of the QBs, and the fact that he wasn't getting any help while many of the other Tackles being ranked were. Also we had the worst blocking backs, and TEs in the league. It's ignorant to go by the beginning of the year when he was thrown unprepared to the wolves. He's well above average run blocking.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Howard was the third worst OT in the NFL (64+ starters) when it came to pass protection. He allowed the third most amount of sacks.
    He was also top ten in run blocking.

    What the hell do you people want?

    You do realize that $2MM is peanuts for a starting RT, right? He's also young, athletic, and last year was his first exposure to playing RT. He was a TE in college and only played LT before last year.

    Jets fans are annoying sometimes.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Tender him at the lowest tender possible for the lone reason that you don't want to have nobody their at RT.
    You also do realize that if we tender him at the lowest level and we don't match another team's offer, we get NOTHING in return, right?

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: NFL is proposing to overhaul its calendar, pushing back the combine to early March, free agency to early April, and the draft to early May.

    @AdamSchefter: Want to know one more reason why NFL wants the draft in early May? TV sweeps are in May. Bigger ratings, bigger dollars.

    @AdamSchefter: Idea of overhauled calendar is to lengthen NFL off-season and make football relevant over longer period with one big event each month.

    @AdamSchefter: Under proposal, all NFL teams also would kick off training camp on same summer day, making it the official launch of the football season.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-21-2013 at 09:47 PM.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    He was also top ten in run blocking.

    What the hell do you people want?

    You do realize that $2MM is peanuts for a starting RT, right? He's also young, athletic, and last year was his first exposure to playing RT. He was a TE in college and only played LT before last year.

    Jets fans are annoying sometimes.
    Okay, but no one is going to sign him for a 2nd round pick. If someone offers a 2nd round pick you trade him in a heartbeat.

    $2M is fine for him.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Okay, but no one is going to sign him for a 2nd round pick. If someone offers a 2nd round pick you trade him in a heartbeat.

    $2M is fine for him.
    Of course.

    2nd round tender is the most sensible move here. 1st round and you're just wasting money. 2nd round is reasonable pay and it's right in that fringe where it's win/win no matter what happens. I would definitely bet on nobody matching in that case, but there's no real upside to tendering him at the original level. That's basically making him a UFA.

  18. #38
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Just watched Mr t working on path to the draft, and he dud a very good job asking chip Kelly questions and did a solid job taking about how teams approach this week.
    Discussed how the jets evaluated Coples and eventually decided to pick him.
    He isn't the clearest of speakers but he seems pretty good behind the Mike.
    Some typical a....s that post here, sorry to the smart posters. Everyone is great when we are trying to sign or hire them and suck when they are no longer with the organization. He wasn't so bad when he drafted Revis, DBrick, Mangold, Harris, and many others. Give the guy a break.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: When two sides meet this am, Eagles will ask CB Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him. Asomugha guaranteed $4mil.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: Falcons are likely to release running back Michael Turner, who is scheduled to make $6.9 million this season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us