Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foles for a 3rd- sign me up

Practice Squad

Foles for a 3rd- sign me up

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL 32 Thursday that he believes Nick Foles could be acquired for a third-round pick.
    Foles-to-Kansas City is the obvious connection because Andy Reid drafted Foles and the Chiefs need a quarterback. (Desperately.) "I do believe there is some substance to the desire to talk to the Eagles about Nick Foles," said Mort. "I think it'd take probably a third-rounder to get Foles. So I wouldn't close the door on that." In an ideal world, the Chiefs could acquire Foles for a third-rounder, re-sign Dwayne Bowe, and perhaps draft Luke Joeckel at No. 1 overall.

How does this not make perfect sense? :

Contract, he is in the second year of his rookie contract, that's perfect for our situation

Experience, we trade a third rounder for a guy that has 1 year of experience in our current OC's offense

We have a legit option to come in and compete (and win) the starting position from the Failchez.

I know everyone says that Andy Reid is intersted but how is nobody at all mentioning us considering we have the guy who worked with him just as much as Reid did in Morninweg?

KC'S 3rd rd pick is # 63

NYJ's 3rd rd pick is # 72

Hmm............
    What should the eagles do ???

sounds interesting but we need bodies and i'm not so keen to give up a precious 3rd...our drafts backends haven't been tearing up the league lately...i hope we trade down...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    sounds interesting but we need bodies and i'm not so keen to give up a precious 3rd...our drafts backends haven't been tearing up the league lately...i hope we trade down...
    If you believe in Foles as a QB, the 3rd rounder is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Your 3rd versus KC's 3rd wouldn't get it done.

All Pro
    Revis for Foles, Bryce Brown, their 2nd round pick and a conditional 2nd next year if he signs an extension.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    Your 3rd versus KC's 3rd wouldn't get it done.
    People understood you the first time you said it. KC has to offer that pick first, and their is no guarantee they will.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 02-21-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    True, but we ain't going anywhere without a leader.

Veteran
    I don't understand why people are so high on Foles. What has he done? It took him 6 starts to throw for the same amount of TD's as it took Flynn to do in one game. And Foles had elite skill position players surrounding him, something he won't have here. Flynn will take less to get and is also experienced in a WC system when he was in GB. That's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    i dont believe in love at first sight...

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    People understood you the first time you said it. KC has to offer that pick first, and their is no guarantee they will.
    Based on what was posted after me apparently not everyone did understand it.

The article was about KC for a 3rd, not the Jets,
    I was simply pointing out all 3rds are not the same.

Its all just speculation anyway

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so high on Foles. What has he done? It took him 6 starts to throw for the same amount of TD's as it took Flynn to do in one game. And Foles had elite skill position players surrounding him, something he won't have here. Flynn will take less to get and is also experienced in a WC system when he was in GB. That's a no brainer.
    Have you seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Revis for Foles, Bryce Brown, their 2nd round pick and a conditional 2nd next year if he signs an extension.
    Would jump on this deal. I like Foles alot, Brown looks real good (and McCoy fits Chip's system better) and we get 2nds? I would probably do this for one second and later pick next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    KC'S 3rd rd pick is # 63

NYJ's 3rd rd pick is # 72

Hmm............
    What should the eagles do ???
    we will include Suckchez and our third.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Would jump on this deal. I like Foles alot, Brown looks real good (and McCoy fits Chip's system better) and we get 2nds? I would probably do this for one second and later pick next year.
    If Brown learns how to protect the ball, sky is the limit. He's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If you include Sanchez to the deal, You'de have to give up your first rd picks for the next 3 years for the eagles to even consider it.

If we are giving away a 3rd I'd still rather Colt McCoy. Foles just doesn't have a high up side. I'd rather see Manuel, Brey, Dysert, or Scott in the 3rd.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If we are giving away a 3rd I'd still rather Colt McCoy. Foles just doesn't have a high up side. I'd rather see Manuel, Brey, Dysert, or Scott in the 3rd.
    You mean like Colt, to play find the ant?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You just made the deal even WORSE.