Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HOw could some team not be hot for this guy to be their GM? This is the first I'm hearing of Cordarelle Peterson. Does any other mock have him going in the top ten?
    Despite what people are saying on this board about him he's generally thought of as the #1 wide receiver in this draft. If we picked him it would be appropriate at this spot. With that said I would much rather fix the o line and linebacker situation first like most people here.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well we just lost 3 starting LBs. This draft is strong in top edge rushers. Edge rushers are the most important position next to QB, and we're going to draft a 6'3 skinny WR for the west coast offense. Oh yeah, the Bills are taking a Safety at 8. Tanny is not the smartest guy in the room.
    Jets need to stock up on OLB passrushers early and often. They can get excellent value players at OLB, some decent RB talent at OG/RT stock as well.

Oh god what a nightmare that would be, a marginal 1st round talent at a position we are probably deepest at on offense. Good god Tannenbaum, stop embarrassing yourself, we already fired you, go hide somewhere

LOL. So now the Jets are soooo deep at WR. All this place was *****ing about all last season is how the Jets didn't have any WRs.

Not with the 9th pic. WHAT???????? Patterson would have a hard time crackin the depth chart on jets.. Jets should draft Hopkins or Patton..

ewww. taking a WR who never had a 1,000 yard season with a top 10 pick? Sorry but if I am taking a WR that high I want a legit #1 WR type. I rather go after the pass rusher since there are better players at that spot than WR.

I really like Dion Jordan, hope he falls to us but hes starting to gain attention by legit people even Tannenbaum had him as the first OLB taken. His length and athletic ability will have him go top 10 without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We are loaded at WR and our rookies got a year of experience. We need a guard, OT, RB. Tanny doesn't get to suggest this year.
    LOL loaded? No we are not loaded. I agree with your list of other needs but we are not loaded at Wr.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    You mean we're not the bestest ever?
    Try to contain yourself; the guy is playing it your way, whatzamatta?

I think Tanny was doing us a favor. He knows who the Jets' scouts were focused on in college football last season and I doubt, even though he was fired, he would divulge an actual legit target of his former staff. He knows they won't go receiver again early, having taken Hill last year in the second, but he knows the focus is on an offensive skill position, not the OL or defense, but just what he said the team lacked last year, skill players that can get chunk plays. Therefore, I believe he knows they will target a running back who can run and catch early in this draft. They may trade back to maximize the value of selecting that position, but that is what I believe Tanny knows and hinted at, but steered clear of actually divulging.

Honestly, my ideal draft is:
    1. Jarvis Jones
    2. Eddie Lacy/Giovanni Bernard
    3. EJ Manuel/Tyler Wilson/Whichever QB prospect is inevitably still around

I would be VERY pleased with a first three rounds like that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is Hill II. No thanks.

WEAKNESSES Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary. Was not frequently asked to go up and get the football at its highest point. Large number of his snaps start while off the line of scrimmage, allows for a better release. Doesn't use his hands enough against a jam, tries to dip or side step rather than slap or push. Tends to throttle down in his breaks.Burst after the catch or return is only adequate but does accelerate quickly. Tries to do too much when the ball is in his hands at times. Dropped a few very catchable balls, including easy bucket throw over shoulder. Inconsistent blocking effort.
    Even though I would prefer a different pick, Patterson is very different from Hill. Hill is a big long strider with good size and top end speed who can outmuscle you for a ball. Patterson has exceptional short area and change of direction skills making him a monster in the return game aswell. Plus when you combine his mobility to his size (6-3, 200, thick, muscular build) then you got one hell of a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    I think Tanny was doing us a favor. He knows who the Jets' scouts were focused on in college football last season and I doubt, even though he was fired, he would divulge an actual legit target of his former staff. He knows they won't go receiver again early, having taken Hill last year in the second, but he knows the focus is on an offensive skill position, not the OL or defense, but just what he said the team lacked last year, skill players that can get chunk plays. Therefore, I believe he knows they will target a running back who can run and catch early in this draft. They may trade back to maximize the value of selecting that position, but that is what I believe Tanny knows and hinted at, but steered clear of actually divulging.
    This is the only thing I can think of. Mayock is high on Patterson and thinks he'll go top-20, but I wouldn't be surprised if even he said 9 was a reach. Tony Pauline, who I trust even more, has Patterson with a *high second-round grade*. My guess is he'll jump after the combine, but again, 9th overall?

The only way I think this would be a good pick is if Moore, Jones, Mingo, and Warmack are all gone. I would probably still take Ansah or Jordan over Patterson but that's closer.

This draft is week offensively with top level dynamic players and if there's any depth in this draft its at defense. We'll stack up on picks ... I expect us to trade down since there's nobody who's really that big of a game changing sure thing at our pick. I expect us to trade down no lower than 21 or 22 .... We should go RB or OL in that range and then build as smart as we can. This is one of those rare drafts where there's so much potential in rounds 3 to 5 cause so many guys left so early who likely would've been higher picks next year but you can't project them that high this year. I see us trading down for an extra pick and possibly even trading 2 players for picks as well. We'll be stacked with picks come draft time .. watch. Our GM's already utilized the PR department in dangling players all around the league and pretty much letting everyone on earth know we're looking to trade players for picks. Revis and Tebow are as good as gone ... we'll see who else he puts out on the block.
    Last edited by LadainianIMnotDONE; 02-22-2013 at 04:44 AM.

We don't have a stud QB so as much as I want to go all offense it makes no sense.
    Hill was our 2nd rounder last year so I say no way we go WR in the 1st.
    Hell, Calvin Johnson wouldn't help us, Stafford is way better than Sanchez & they still went 4-12.
    Build a TEAM!
    Atlanta can't get over the hump despite massive talent at the Skill levels, why?
    Cause they are soft & small in the trenches, they wear out.
    You can never have enough depth.
    Unlike many teams in this league right now the Jets have a solid foundation of young guys at very important positions in the trenches.
    Dbrick, Mangold, even Howard who has upside.
    On Defense with Mo, Coples, Ellis, Nickerson, that's a great start.
    This draft is knee deep in players that can fill out this roster on both lines & at LB and be the start of a NY Jet run in the AFC East starting in 2014.
    If we trade Revis & end up with. Stud OLB & a top notch guard in the 1st, I'm completely happy.
    That would mean they could go BPA in rounds 2-7!
    Think 2 year rebuild.
    Also keep in mind that the Jets will have the resources to sign a 2nd tier vet LB.
    When you think of free agency, and look at his Jet roster there are only 2 places I would look for some veteran help & that is at Safety & LB.
    They have to be young enough to be here for the turnaround.
    If we came out of this draft with either
    Ansah, Jordan, or Mingo
    Warford, Barrett or Cooper
    Stepfan, Bernard, or Lacy
    Now we still have 4-7 for BPA for need 4th round TE?
    I'm doing the jig on this scenario.
    We go into 2014 without Sanchez & Holmes anchors, all the money that would have been used on Revis, (16 million?), no more dead money from the 5 players we just cut, a full slew of draft picks including probably a contingent pick from the Revis trade? & money to spend in FA to round out the roster.
    Things are really not as bad as the media makes them out to be.
    We really could be setting up for life without Brady dominating our division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. So now the Jets are soooo deep at WR. All this place was *****ing about all last season is how the Jets didn't have any WRs.
    There were times last year when the Jets had the WORST starting offensive skill players in the entire NFL and that includes the WRs.

Now folks act like we had Swann and Rice out there!!!!

You can't make it up.....

I think you are correct. The best opprotunity of finding a trading partner, for the jets to trade down, is a mini run on Left tackles with Joekel, Fisher and Lane Johnson, being the only legitimate candiates. Tannebaum may have created another opprotunity for a team looking for a big play WR... I think MT did the Jets a favor

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    There were times last year when the Jets had the WORST starting offensive skill players in the entire NFL and that includes the WRs.

Completely agree. I'm not saying you go WR in the first but I can understand it today with the draft still 2 months out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

I disagree with anyone that says we are loaded. That is just delusional. But can't the rest of us want a WR but just not this one?

I think WR is one of the positions where we cannot afford to miss. I would be in favor of purchasing a proven commodity, this year or next. I know Holmes might have some people gun shy but I just think we need someone that can make an impact from day one. We already have one "project" in Hill and this kid reminds me of that.

IMO no blue chip WRs in this draft. We can't miss at the position and we can't miss with our first pick. Maybe we take one in the later rounds.

And the Patterson hype continues.

I'll take his teammate Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers, the reason Patterson was able to get to UT, over him any day. What is the hype with Patterson? Because he's fast? His hands were extremely inconsistent from the games I saw this past season. He might be an OK WR, but Top 10 worthy? Hell no. It's hard to look at any QB, RB or WR in this draft and label them a Top 20 pick.

Veteran
    He also no doubt has a confidentiality provision in his contract with the Jets that prohibits him from sharing any inside info about the team for a certain number of years after his departure. Breaching that would subject him to major damages and put the remaining money the jets owe him in jeopardy, not to mention tarnish his reputation and prospects of getting another GM gig. He's a lawyer and isn't dumb enough to take that type of risk, even through indirect statements made in mock drafts, and so I firmly believe the Patterson pick is a red herring, ie, something he views as unlikely.