Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even though I would prefer a different pick, Patterson is very different from Hill. Hill is a big long strider with good size and top end speed who can outmuscle you for a ball. Patterson has exceptional short area and change of direction skills making him a monster in the return game aswell. Plus when you combine his mobility to his size (6-3, 200, thick, muscular build) then you got one hell of a prospect.
    Not that it matters a ton, but Patterson measured in at under 6-2 at the combine this morning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see WR in the 1st but our WR situation is not as bad as people are making it out in this thread. We had injuries to our #1 and #2 WRs and #1 TE most of the season. With Holmes, Kerley, and Hill healthy plus either Braylon or the guy from Oakland and a mid round draft pick I think we will be fine.

Go for a beast OLB in the 1st or drop back to accumulate picks. We will address OLB, RB, TE, OG in April!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4817430]We don't have a stud QB so as much as I want to go all offense it makes no sense.
    Hill was our 2nd rounder last year so I say no way we go WR in the 1st.
    Hell, Calvin Johnson wouldn't help us, Stafford is way better than Sanchez & they still went 4-12.
    Build a TEAM! .....
    QUOTE]

There was a lot more to your post but I had to quote you there. Great points. +1000000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playmaker last i checked we need a few of these.. Don't see a problem with this pick. And its not the first time i seen Patterson tied to the jets.

People need to realize your not gonna fill every hole through the draft. And this team had the worst skill players in nfl. Absolutely no Game Changers.

If they went WR and RB within the 1st 3 rds i would not be surprised nor upset at all.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 02-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Playmaker last i checked we need a few of these.. Don't see a problem with this pick. And its not the first tome i seen Patterson tied to the jets.
    agreed. in another year or two braylon and holmes will be gone. keller may not return either. the team needs weapons on offense, period. and just b/c sanchez stinks and they're probably not getting stud qb this year, doesn't mean they ignore offense again and load up on defensive players. i'd be very surprised if the jets do not take either a wr or rb in one of the first two rounds. if they wind up taking a guy like jordan or vaccaro in the first i imagine the 2nd round will be dedicated to wr.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Gator I watch a ton of SEC ball.....he will be the first receiver taken in this years draft....tall..runs good routes and can fly. With that said I feel the Jets will go defense with the number 9th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HOw could some team not be hot for this guy to be their GM? This is the first I'm hearing of Cordarelle Peterson. Does any other mock have him going in the top ten?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love that people are taking a mock draft done for nfl.com, a few months after being fired and long before the draft and FA, by the Jets former GM as proof of his incompetence and the poster's relative brilliance.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen 2 mock draft with the Jets taking him....I don't see it happeneing though. If it did, I would not be pissed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No to WR in round 1...there isn't a cant miss WR prospect like a Dez Bryant or Larry Fitzgerald in this draft....however it is a great draft for OL DL OLB people need to start to realize this draft won't fill all of our needs...
    Last edited by tfine350z; 02-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the WRs taken in the top 10 of the draft the last 5 years.

2012 Justin Blackmon

2011 A.J. Green Julio Jones

2010 None. Demaryius Thomas was 22nd, Dez Bryant was 24th

2009 Darius Heyward-Bey Michael Crabtree

2008 None. No WR even taken in the first round.

To me Patterson does not warrant a top 10 pick, Not with as many needs as this team has.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ......And leaves Damontre Moore on the board?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This draft is quite deep with offensive line prospects. We could probably select a plug n' play OL player in the 3rd or 4th round.

So if the Jets decide to go with a pass rusher or a skill player like Patterson at #9, I think it'd be a good move.

As long as we stay away from the QBs in the upper rounds, I'll be happy. The Jets have so many other holes to fill, they really can't go wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    I think Tanny was doing us a favor. He knows who the Jets' scouts were focused on in college football last season and I doubt, even though he was fired, he would divulge an actual legit target of his former staff. He knows they won't go receiver again early, having taken Hill last year in the second, but he knows the focus is on an offensive skill position, not the OL or defense, but just what he said the team lacked last year, skill players that can get chunk plays. Therefore, I believe he knows they will target a running back who can run and catch early in this draft. They may trade back to maximize the value of selecting that position, but that is what I believe Tanny knows and hinted at, but steered clear of actually divulging.
    Good post,that was my first thought straight away.Tannenbaum is no fool and presumably wants to get another go at GM in the league as well as likely still being fond of the Jets(or at the very least his ex-colleagues)

If we're thinking wideout my personal preference would be Quinton Patton or Tavon Austin if they make it into the 2nd.I'm not of the view we are set at WR,far from it so I do hope we draft one at some stage before the last couple of rounds.

WR seems deep enough again this year that you can pick up a really good contributor down into the 4th and 5th rounds

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We are loaded at WR and our rookies got a year of experience. We need a guard, OT, RB. Tanny doesn't get to suggest this year.
    loaded is a bit strong but i agree if we sign braylon to go w holmes and kerley and hill we have way more pressing needs in rd1
    Last edited by ryan10; 02-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Build your D core first.
    Fixing the offense is way more important in my view.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny's public picks (outside of a no-brainer/can't miss; which does not exist for us this year) are a sure-fire way to ensure that Idzik goes in another direction. Can you imagine if Idzik makes a pick that Tanny was hot for, and it ended up being a bust?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    ewww. taking a WR who never had a 1,000 yard season with a top 10 pick? Sorry but if I am taking a WR that high I want a legit #1 WR type. I rather go after the pass rusher since there are better players at that spot than WR.

I really like Dion Jordan, hope he falls to us but hes starting to gain attention by legit people even Tannenbaum had him as the first OLB taken. His length and athletic ability will have him go top 10 without a doubt.
    Like Jordan too.I think he's way better than his numbers suggest.If Damontre Moore is gone then I like Jordan.If neither then Michael Buchanan in the 2nd or 3rd(depending on how much he rises between now and April....this time last year he was considered a certain 1st rounder)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Playmaker last i checked we need a few of these.. Don't see a problem with this pick. And its not the first time i seen Patterson tied to the jets.

People need to realize your not gonna fill every hole through the draft. And this team had the worst skill players in nfl. Absolutely no Game Changers.

If they went WR and RB within the 1st 3 rds i would not be surprised nor upset at all.
    We need everything but corner, left tackle, center, and defensive end.

Every other position could stand an upgrade. Just draft the best players at any position. If Idzik wants to trade down, by all means get a good deal and trade down. As long as he doesn't trade up in any round, I will be OK with whoever he drafts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Tanny's public picks (outside of a no-brainer/can't miss; which does not exist for us this year) are a sure-fire way to ensure that Idzik goes in another direction. Can you imagine if Idzik makes a pick that Tanny was hot for, and it ended up being a bust?
    It's a Feb. mock, before the combine is even over.

Tanny, like everyone else, will do another 7 mocks. He will have us taking almost anyone slotted 5-15, and then when Idzik makes the pick, he can say "See, just like I predicted."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even though I would prefer a different pick, Patterson is very different from Hill. Hill is a big long strider with good size and top end speed who can outmuscle you for a ball. Patterson has exceptional short area and change of direction skills making him a monster in the return game aswell. Plus when you combine his mobility to his size (6-3, 200, thick, muscular build) then you got one hell of a prospect.
    Sounds like a good WR for the WCO.