Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...-Tannenbaum-do

Everyone thinks the Jets will go defense again not so fast. Tannenbaum should know more than anyone what the front office and scouts will be persuading Idzik to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's throwing him the damn ball?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build your D core first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a good reason why this guy got fired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Build your D core first.
    Isnt that what they did by spending the past 3 1st rounders on D?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who's throwing him the damn ball?
    Sanchez, who did you think. It's 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we just lost 3 starting LBs. This draft is strong in top edge rushers. Edge rushers are the most important position next to QB, and we're going to draft a 6'3 skinny WR for the west coast offense. Oh yeah, the Bills are taking a Safety at 8. Tanny is not the smartest guy in the room.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were Ranked 30th in offense out of 32 so go early and often for offensive players ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOw could some team not be hot for this guy to be their GM? This is the first I'm hearing of Cordarelle Peterson. Does any other mock have him going in the top ten?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are loaded at WR and our rookies got a year of experience. We need a guard, OT, RB. Tanny doesn't get to suggest this year.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Isnt that what they did by spending the past 3 1st rounders on D?
    What kind of D did Rex inherit?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On board with going for a WR in round 1, but would prefer Keenan Allen. More of a complete WR, Patterson seems to be more of an athletic boom or bust project, and we have one of those in Stephen Hill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he wonders why he's out of a Job. Dude should just go count money somewhere and forget about this football thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is Hill II. No thanks.

WEAKNESSES Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary. Was not frequently asked to go up and get the football at its highest point. Large number of his snaps start while off the line of scrimmage, allows for a better release. Doesn't use his hands enough against a jam, tries to dip or side step rather than slap or push. Tends to throttle down in his breaks.Burst after the catch or return is only adequate but does accelerate quickly. Tries to do too much when the ball is in his hands at times. Dropped a few very catchable balls, including easy bucket throw over shoulder. Inconsistent blocking effort.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the pick, him Keenan Allen.

The #9 pick in the draft is going to be a premiere player IMO. Too many have this fantasy of Warmack. This isn't a year the Jets can afford to take a OG with the holes they will have to fill, they aren't drafting OG, not with money tied up in a still relatively young Mangold and Ferguson as the cornerstone of the OL, and what appears to be a legit desire to bring Howard back, and they could tender him with the 2nd round grade at 2 million. Jets need to address LB, RB, WR, S, TE, and QB before they go OL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The #9 pick in the draft is going to be a premiere player IMO. Too many have this fantasy of Warmack. This isn't a year the Jets can afford to take a OG with the holes they will have to fill, they aren't drafting OG, not with money tied up in a still relatively young Mangold and Ferguson as the cornerstone of the OL, and what appears to be a legit desire to bring Howard back, and they could tender him with the 2nd round grade at 2 million. Jets need to address LB, RB, WR, S, TE, and QB before they go OL.
    You mean we're not the bestest ever?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I beg to differ. With the talent available in this draft, the Jets need to address the pass rush and then address the OL. With the front 7 and the OL taken care of, even Sanchez ( well maybe not him, lol) could lead the Jets where we all want to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanenbaum knows he was negligent with the offense last off-season and we ended up with no-name XFL level talent at WR so he's overcompensating now and saying we need to draft a WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I beg to differ. With the talent available in this draft, the Jets need to address the pass rush and then address the OL. With the front 7 and the OL taken care of, even Sanchez ( well maybe not him, lol) could lead the Jets where we all want to go.
    OL is much easier to evaluate and almost always has a quicker payoff. Pass rushers are very hard to evaluate coming out of college unless your the Giants and you have an ace in the scouting dept who knows 4-3 DE's. Everyone laughs at Vernon Gholston now but 99% of the "experts" thought he was a lock top 5 pick the year he came out and he certainly had the body for it.