Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 136 of 136

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

  1. #121
    Patterson just went through the speed catch drill and did pretty well. Didn't drop one to my sight.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Patterson just went through the speed catch drill and did pretty well. Didn't drop one to my sight.
    forget it. the jets don't need that kind of player. their win total would increase more by drafting guards.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    forget it. the jets don't need that kind of player. their win total would increase more by drafting guards.
    Is this sarcasm or...

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Is this sarcasm or...
    I'm guessing no. Jets do need OGs and a RT. Without an OL your O isn't doing squat. Are Ducasse and Howard capable. Possible.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-24-2013 at 01:24 PM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Is this sarcasm or...
    yes.

  6. #126
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,849
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    forget it. the jets don't need that kind of player. their win total would increase more by drafting guards.
    Patterson isn't worth a Top 10 pick, period.

    I'd much rather have someone like Patton, Hunter, Woods, Bailey, etc in the 2nd/3rd round than Patterson at #9.

  7. #127
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Patterson isn't worth a Top 10 pick, period.

    I'd much rather have someone like Patton, Hunter, Woods, Bailey, etc in the 2nd/3rd round than Patterson at #9.
    I just dont see the infatuation with this guy. He measured under 6-2, has one year of so-so production at the D1 level, and has suspect hands. Given his sub 6-2 height, he isnt that great of a "speed/size" guy either. To me, he would be a massive reach at 9.

  8. #128
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,849
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I just dont see the infatuation with this guy. He measured under 6-2, has one year of so-so production at the D1 level, and has suspect hands. Given his sub 6-2 height, he isnt that great of a "speed/size" guy either. To me, he would be a massive reach at 9.
    I don't get it either. I think best case scenario he's Jeremy Maclin.

    I'm not drafting a WR in the Top 10 unless he's a Julio Jones/AJ Green type of prospect. Patterson isn't close to that.

    I'm starting to think that not only could Warmack still be on the board at #9, but there's even a chance that someone like Star or Damontre Moore could fall into our laps. No damn way I'm taking Patterson over any of those guys.

  9. #129
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't get it either. I think best case scenario he's Jeremy Maclin.

    I'm not drafting a WR in the Top 10 unless he's a Julio Jones/AJ Green type of prospect. Patterson isn't close to that.

    I'm starting to think that not only could Warmack still be on the board at #9, but there's even a chance that someone like Star or Damontre Moore could fall into our laps. No damn way I'm taking Patterson over any of those guys.
    Moore could fall, would love it if he did. I just dont think Cleveland will pass on him given their switch to the 3-4.

  10. #130
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't get it either. I think best case scenario he's Jeremy Maclin.

    I'm not drafting a WR in the Top 10 unless he's a Julio Jones/AJ Green type of prospect. Patterson isn't close to that.

    I'm starting to think that not only could Warmack still be on the board at #9, but there's even a chance that someone like Star or Damontre Moore could fall into our laps. No damn way I'm taking Patterson over any of those guys.
    I wouldn't take Patterson at 9 either. He just doesn't have the body of work.

    His potential is so intriguing though. He has truly unique ability in the open field.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I just dont see the infatuation with this guy. He measured under 6-2, has one year of so-so production at the D1 level, and has suspect hands. Given his sub 6-2 height, he isnt that great of a "speed/size" guy either. To me, he would be a massive reach at 9.
    While I agree I would not want to see us drafting such a raw player at 9, I do see the infatuation. He's pretty dynamic with the ball in his hands. You generally do not find guys with that kind of elusiveness at his size.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Warmack was the only one of those Tannenbaum mocked.

    Here was his top 10:

    Chiefs: Joeckel
    Jags: Milliner
    Raiders: Floyd
    Eagles: Lotuleilei
    Lions: Jordan
    Browns: Warmack
    Cardinals: Smith
    Bills: Vaccaro
    Jets: Patterson
    Titans: Richardson

    That is a truly awful job. Warmack, Joeckel, Lotuleilei, Milliner and potentially Smith are likely to be the only ones of that group in the top 10, and Milliner at 2 is crazy. No Moore, no Jones, no Fisher, no Werner . . . I think it's highly unlikely the Jets have their pick of Moore/Jones/Werner/Mingo/Ansah at 9 - and definitely no chance Dion Jordan goes ahead of all 5 of those.

    Pretty clear how much Tannenbaum misses his scouting department
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    If you want the draft's top CB, Dee Milliner, you'll probably have to trade ahead of Detroit at 5 to get him.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Moore could fall, would love it if he did. I just dont think Cleveland will pass on him given their switch to the 3-4.
    If I'm a betting man my money is on the Browns going Dion Jordan.I just see him fitting there and he's the guy for me who will just keep rising the more this process goes.

    If him going high means we get a shot at Damontre then great.If Moore goes there leaving Jordan free at 9 then that too would be a result

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I wouldn't take Patterson at 9 either. He just doesn't have the body of work.

    His potential is so intriguing though. He has truly unique ability in the open field.
    Personally would much rather have Q Patton.

    Don't see him being any less of a pro than Patterson and his hustle and hands are exactly what we need and without needing to use a top 10 pick(didn't see how he went yesterday though and even if his numbers disappointed I think he's way underrated)

  15. #135
    Imo, Moore will absolutely be there by our pick. And I wouldn't take him either, and that's forgetting about how bad he was at the combine.

    My hopes are still with Ansah and Jordan.

  16. #136
    @jetswhispers: Is Cordarrelle a Top 10 pick? #nyj http://t.co/iVqEFib7VX

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us