Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 136

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum picks Cordarrelle Paterson for the Jets in his mock draft.

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I could show you impressive film of Sanchez.
    From his Pop Warner playing days?

  2. #82
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,634
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    From his Pop Warner playing days?
    January 16th, 2011 he was particularly awesome

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdfBYPQzuXs

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    January 16th, 2011 he was particularly awesome

    Do you get a woody everytime you type that date?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is Hill II. No thanks.

    WEAKNESSES Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary. Was not frequently asked to go up and get the football at its highest point. Large number of his snaps start while off the line of scrimmage, allows for a better release. Doesn't use his hands enough against a jam, tries to dip or side step rather than slap or push. Tends to throttle down in his breaks.Burst after the catch or return is only adequate but does accelerate quickly. Tries to do too much when the ball is in his hands at times. Dropped a few very catchable balls, including easy bucket throw over shoulder. Inconsistent blocking effort.
    You are 100% right. With 1 year under his belt you cant say Patterson is more experienced then Hill and they are very similar in talent and skill. Allen is seriously the only WR I'd consider for this team in the 1st 3 rounds. He'd be a viable #1 to replace Holmes. We just have more serious need then WR here.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    From his Pop Warner playing days?
    Stop being a douche..............

  6. #86
    CHANCE WARMACK....................































    if available.

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,764
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    yet, if miami drafts him, let's see the jets contain both as a wr, rb and in the return game. he's exactly the kind of guy the jets pass on and then he goes on to score on them time and time again.

    and as cordarelle crosses the goal line against the jets, i'll say to myself, sure he's good, but alas, we have a real strong guard.
    Hey, I'll take a physically dominating OG like Warmack who can make an impact on every single offensive play over a project receiver like Patterson who will only touch the ball 3-4 times a game on average.

    Warmack is the best OG to come out in over a decade. It's debateable as to whether Patterson is even the best receiver in an underwhelming draft class.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I beg to differ. With the talent available in this draft, the Jets need to address the pass rush and then address the OL. With the front 7 and the OL taken care of, even Sanchez ( well maybe not him, lol) could lead the Jets where we all want to go.
    I agree with you on this one. We must get a dynamic passrusher to make our D even more dangerous and much better! Then we must get a roadgrader at OG. In rd 3 id like a QB to eventually replace Suckchez by game 3 .

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Reading comprehension issues???? I didnt say anything like that. I actually credited his term for more players on your list than you did. He simply is NOT even average IMO. We had more wasted picks since 2009 than a good team should.

    My point is..IMO, TANNY is not even close to a good talent evaluator on his own.

    Were good picks made..sure, you and I could make good picks. MANY teams did better and their records show it.
    To be honest my initial reading comprehension was telling me that you could be a clown without a cogent or cohesive thought to spare just randomly making up nonsense or you might be kidding about a bit and just having a laugh or that your post made so little sense and was so shot through with holes that I should just ignore....but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    On reflection I'm confident reading comprehension is not an issue on my part.

    You are of course entitled to your opinion

  10. #90
    I like the player. Would love to have him. But NOT at #9.

    If somehow the Jets can find a unicorn and do a trade down, I could see taking him somewhere at low 20's. I like his size and speed. I also really like his crazy cutting ability. With our crappy QBs, that is invaluable. A hard skill to develop. He could end up a great pick. I am impressed with how much he gets done on his own after the catch. Again, with QBs like ours, that is a more desirable and sadly necessary ingredient. Come April, I bet Paterson goes middle of Rd 1.

  11. #91
    After watching some of his video i think he has great vision, game speed, and xcellant Stop & Go ability 4 a man 6'3 205 lbs... Cordarrelle Patterson is lookin like the real f'n deal... Looks like a mix between Brad Smith & Amani Toomer... I would draft him in the 2nd rd.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    He also no doubt has a confidentiality provision in his contract with the Jets that prohibits him from sharing any inside info about the team for a certain number of years after his departure. Breaching that would subject him to major damages and put the remaining money the jets owe him in jeopardy, not to mention tarnish his reputation and prospects of getting another GM gig. He's a lawyer and isn't dumb enough to take that type of risk, even through indirect statements made in mock drafts, and so I firmly believe the Patterson pick is a red herring, ie, something he views as unlikely.
    Bingo!

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hey, I'll take a physically dominating OG like Warmack who can make an impact on every single offensive play over a project receiver like Patterson who will only touch the ball 3-4 times a game on average.

    Warmack is the best OG to come out in over a decade. It's debateable as to whether Patterson is even the best receiver in an underwhelming draft class.
    I don't think there is any debating the fact that a if both Patterson and Warmack reach their full potential... Patterson would be more valuable and would have a greater impact on the game.

    Warmack's a "sure bet" and Patterson is a project. I get that.

    But most successful teams swing for the fences on draft day.

    I am not even begging for the Jets to pick Patterson at 9... but I'd be happy if they did (if that makes any sense) because it shows they're trying to add some explosive talent to put points on the board.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Not with the 9th pic. WHAT???????? Patterson would have a hard time crackin the depth chart on jets.. Jets should draft Hopkins or Patton..
    Lmao.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Lmao.
    Not with 9th pic...

  16. #96
    @MoveTheSticks: RT @ChrisKlein247: : what do you think of bjoern Werner?> Like him but don't see him as a top 10 guy.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't think there is any debating the fact that a if both Patterson and Warmack reach their full potential... Patterson would be more valuable and would have a greater impact on the game.

    Warmack's a "sure bet" and Patterson is a project. I get that.

    But most successful teams swing for the fences on draft day.

    I am not even begging for the Jets to pick Patterson at 9... but I'd be happy if they did (if that makes any sense) because it shows they're trying to add some explosive talent to put points on the board.
    Without a good OLINE NO offensive skill positions will reach their full potential. If Warmack is available, he wontnbe, but if he is, WE MUST Take him IMO.

    remember 2008 2009 when we had 3 lineman in the probowl? THAT is what we need.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    To be honest my initial reading comprehension was telling me that you could be a clown without a cogent or cohesive thought to spare just randomly making up nonsense or you might be kidding about a bit and just having a laugh or that your post made so little sense and was so shot through with holes that I should just ignore....but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    On reflection I'm confident reading comprehension is not an issue on my part.

    You are of course entitled to your opinion
    As are you.... Tanny is out of work and probably won't be a GM again for a LONG time. That supports my contention.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    There's a good reason why this guy got fired.
    Yeah, Tanny was awful when he chose Mangold, D'Brick, Brad Smith, Revis, Harris, and Leon Washington.

    Oh wait, that's before Woody Johnson began to meddle. Never-mind............

  20. #100
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,122
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    After watching some of his video i think he has great vision, game speed, and xcellant Stop & Go ability 4 a man 6'3 205 lbs... Cordarrelle Patterson is lookin like the real f'n deal... Looks like a mix between Brad Smith & Amani Toomer... I would draft him in the 2nd rd.
    hE REMINDS ME OF #87 cOLES

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us