Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ziggy is the Ansah

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    truthfully, I dont think Ansah will be there at 9.

Hes going to have a monster combine performance and a team before us is going to fall in love with him.

Would be interesting to see who we take if 2/3 of the OLB prospects (mingo,jones,Jordan) Warmack and Geno Smith are all available at 9.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Ziggy Ansah said he never watched football before BYU. Feels like he's coming around on the mental side now. #nyj

@ConorTOrr: Ansah would be an interesting fit for the #jets, who could be targeting an outside linebacker/rush end with the No. 9 pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dude is beyond raw as a prospect. He is one of those guys that with a spectacular combine performance, will put him easily in the top 10. Not a ton of tape to go by, you are just drafting on pure potential at this point. Very risky proposition for a first year GM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    I haven no idea what you guys are watching... When I look at film of Ansah, I see a guy with no burst off the line and no power rush. It literally takes him forever to get going and doesn't look strong at the point of attack. looks pathetic in space can't chase down a RB. No thanks, I'll pass. Drafting him at 9 is lololololol ridiculous.

Oh but the upside..., diamond in the rough,... only played ball for two years,..... our dream man,..... Sounds like desperate fans dreaming big. I've seen nothing form this kid.
    After watching I thought the complete opposite.

The first thing that stuck out was his awareness and anticipation. For someone who is "new" to football I thought it was outstanding.

The second was his strength.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moore isn't that good and Jarvis Jones will be there because of the spinal stenosis issue.

I like Jarvis Jones however so if it turns out that his situation is better than Marcus McNeill then I wouldn't have a huge problem taking him.

The two guys however that I believe are elite level if some things go right are Ansah and Dion Jordan. Ansah is the closest thing to what Pierre Paul is without being him. The athleticism he has in his hips is just startling and he can really change direction extremely well. What he did in the senior bowl was so eye opening. Ansah would be elite in a 3-4 and defending the edge. Forget the pass rushing, I think he'll automatically be very good against the run.

Dion Jordan I see differently but he also has the high end pass rush skills. I see him similarly to Jason Taylor. Extremely atheltic but more of an edge rusher. Also very comfortable and good in space. Will have plenty of interceptions throughout his career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    I haven no idea what you guys are watching... When I look at film of Ansah, I see a guy with no burst off the line and no power rush. It literally takes him forever to get going and doesn't look strong at the point of attack. looks pathetic in space can't chase down a RB. No thanks, I'll pass. Drafting him at 9 is lololololol ridiculous.

Oh but the upside..., diamond in the rough,... only played ball for two years,..... our dream man,..... Sounds like desperate fans dreaming big. I've seen nothing form this kid.
    Cant chase down a RB?

Isnt strong at the POA?

What a terrible evaluation. No idea what you are seeing, but you might want to take another look

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Cant chase down a RB?

Isnt strong at the POA?

What a terrible evaluation. No idea what you are seeing, but you might want to take another look
    He must never have watched him play. My problem with Anseh is that i never noticed him dominating a OT. Seemed to get alot of his pressures after the QB went through a bunch of progressions already.

But when he gets his hands on a RB the RB usually got pile drived into the ground. If we had the 15th pick, i would love to get him, but at 9 it may be a reach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Cant chase down a RB?

Isnt strong at the POA?

Exactly... Just comes down to knowing what you are looking at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He must never have watched him play. My problem with Anseh is that i never noticed him dominating a OT. Seemed to get alot of his pressures after the QB went through a bunch of progressions already.

But when he gets his hands on a RB the RB usually got pile drived into the ground. If we had the 15th pick, i would love to get him, but at 9 it may be a reach.
    15 vs 9? So is the guy sitting there at #9 grading out that much higher?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't look at the draft in terms of "reaches" and supposed "good value." There is no way to prove who's a reach and who's good value anyway. If a guy is talked about going in the 3rd round but goes at the 25th pick does that make him a reach? Even if the team at 26 fully intended on drafting him? Obviously not. No way to prove to disprove reaches so it's not worth noting. Logan Mankins was talked about as a round 4-7 pick but got taken in the first round. It doesn't matter one bit now because the guy is a good player.

If you think Ansah is going to be a good NFL player (as I do) and it's absolutely reasonable to see him going anywhere in the top 20 then you take the guy. Personally I believe Ansah goes top 10 easily so I'm rooting for him to fall to us.

And Warmack should not be the pick either...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, loving him at 15 but not selecting him at 9??? What changes in only 6 draft positions?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    15 vs 9? So is the guy sitting there at #9 grading out that much higher?
    At this point, there are 9 guys who i like better than Anseh, but that could change as some of the guys i liked are having bad days at the combine or having other issues. If the Jets pass up Warmack to take Anseh there is a pretty decent chance most of this board will be wanting Idzik fired in 3 years when Warmack is in the pro bowl and Anseh is still struggling getting off blocks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, there are 9 guys who i like better than Anseh, but that could change as some of the guys i liked are having bad days at the combine or having other issues. If the Jets pass up Warmack to take Anseh there is a pretty decent chance most of this board will be wanting Idzik fired in 3 years when Warmack is in the pro bowl and Anseh is still struggling getting off blocks.
    Then why would you love him @15?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    get this kid in Jet green. he is the ANSAH!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Film of Ansah playing out of position as a 3-4 DE, still held his ground and took up double teams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk

And as a side note BYU's linebackers are dreadful. Holy hell

You also really have to love how it's instinctual for him to throw his hands up and tries to swat the pass when he can't get to the QB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JxQlaxBHU
    Last edited by FreshBaked 24 7; 02-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ansah at 9 would be great but Dion Jordan for the Jets would be flat out amazing. Moore's stock seems to be slipping a bit after his slow 40 but the Jets should be able to get Ansah, Jordan, Moore, Mingo, or Werner at their spot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Ansah at 9 would be great but Dion Jordan for the Jets would be flat out amazing. Moore's stock seems to be slipping a bit after his slow 40 but the Jets should be able to get Ansah, Jordan, Moore, Mingo, or Werner at their spot
    I wouldn't be devastated if we took Jordan but he really doesn't have much at the point of attack outside of the speed rush. Often takes himself out of the play so quickly. Much better in coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpzGUxkek4

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now Jordan's a bit on the light side, so definitely needs to put on 20 pounds or so for the blocking muscle. But getting his shoulder fixed right after the draft should allow him to put more weight on the bar and his frame as well as the strain of contact.

Having the big movers up front Wilks, Coples, Pouha/De Vito/Ellis/Harrison taking on multiple blockers should be just the platform for him to wreak havoc...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Right now Jordan's a bit on the light side, so definitely needs to put on 20 pounds or so for the blocking muscle. But getting his shoulder fixed right after the draft should allow him to put more weight on the bar and his frame as well as the strain of contact.

Having the big movers up front Wilks, Coples, Pouha/De Vito/Ellis/Harrison taking on multiple blockers should be just the platform for him to wreak havoc...
    It's not just being light it's that he has one move in his arsenal

The shoulder issue is also another problem i see

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I wouldn't be devastated if we took Jordan but he really doesn't have much at the point of attack outside of the speed rush. Often takes himself out of the play so quickly. Much better in coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpzGUxkek4
    How was Jason Taylor when he came out of college? Anyone have his pre-draft scouting reports?