Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ziggy is the Ansah

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    It's not just being light it's that he has one move in his arsenal

The shoulder issue is also another problem i see
    He's having surgery Wednesday. He'll be fine. He's not a QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How was Jason Taylor when he came out of college? Anyone have his pre-draft scouting reports?
    Can't really find a whole lot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's having surgery Wednesday. He'll be fine. He's not a QB.
    Adding bulk after tearing your labrum is a fairly difficult thing to rush...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adding bulk after tearing your labrum is a fairly difficult thing to rush...
    You don't view these guys that you draft as 1 year players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't view these guys that you draft as 1 year players.
    If you're a team starved for talent, taking them in the top 10, and a coach on the hot seat you do. Not to mention most fans will remember Gholston and won't be afraid to give the team heat if we don't pick a guy that produces on the outside.

A lot of things to consider with the pick, some fair, some not so fair.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're a team starved for talent, taking them in the top 10, and a coach on the hot seat you do. Not to mention most fans will remember Gholston and won't be afraid to give the team heat if we don't pick a guy that produces on the outside.

A lot of things to consider with the pick, some fair, some not so fair.
    I'm pretty sure Idzik could care less about Gholston.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan didn't show much explosion. 32.5" vertical. A lean guy like him should do better than that.

Mingo is where it's at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Jordan didn't show much explosion. 32.5" vertical. A lean guy like him should do better than that.

Mingo is where it's at.
    Every player is going to have warts.

I don't recall Willie McGinist today having concerns with Jordan as a player. Think he called him a freak that can do it all.

And for the record I'm not opposed to Mingo or Ziggy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every player is going to have warts.

I don't recall Willie McGinist today having concerns with Jordan as a player. Think he called him a freak that can do it all.

And for the record I'm not opposed to Mingo or Ziggy.
    All three could play upright and I wouldn't have a problem with any of them, but they each have their own little niche that they're good at, and Jordan posses the best hips for coverage, but you have to worry about how easily he takes himself out of the play. Same goes for Mingo

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All three could play upright and I wouldn't have a problem with any of them, but they each have their own little niche that they're good at, and Jordan posses the best hips for coverage, but you have to worry about how easily he takes himself out of the play. Same goes for Mingo
    That's what coaching is for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post

Mingo is where it's at.
    I heard Pat Kirwan say he takes the bench press # + vertical + broad jump. He uses a total of 70 to indicate an explosive athlete and then goes to the tape to see if he sees it on the field.

Here are some previous drafted players.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/3...son-von-miller
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-26-2013 at 12:47 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the end we do not have to worry about DLineman or OLB that Rex picks, he knows his stuff. Wilkerson and Coples have turned into beasts already, Ellis has looked great when healthy and I wont even talk about the success he had with the Ravens picking DL. He knows his stuff and whoever we come up with will be a good player...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seemed like jordan was being blocked by a TE a log in that USC film....is that right?

Also, as for his weight, I think it would be very very hard to gain weight after labrum surgery...he wont be able to lift any upper body at all.

We want to him to weight 250+ of lean muscle - not just become a fat crap. If he gains 20 pounds without lifting upper body, i cant see how that would be "good weight".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Seemed like jordan was being blocked by a TE a log in that USC film....is that right?

Also, as for his weight, I think it would be very very hard to gain weight after labrum surgery...he wont be able to lift any upper body at all.

We want to him to weight 250+ of lean muscle - not just become a fat crap. If he gains 20 pounds without lifting upper body, i cant see how that would be "good weight".
    If 2013 was going to be his only season as a Jet that might be something to consider...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
    Barkevious Mingo's 6.84 3 cone bodes very well for his future. Just behind Sam Acho, Bruce Irvin, and Melvin Ingram of DL since '06.

Also, Ansah topping the group in the short shuttle with a 4.26 is not surprising. Like I've been saying, best rushing closing speed in '13.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who see's Vernon Gholston effect with guy as a possibility? Gholston was a freak in the combine too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Am I the only one who see's Vernon Gholston effect with guy as a possibility? Gholston was a freak in the combine too.
    Gholston had straight line speed, but a lot of draft experts (namely Tony) said that he was stiff in the hips and couldn't really bend the edge.

And that doesn't even address Ghost's biggest problem: He didn't give a flip after he got his pay day.

ETA: I'm more of a Mingo guy for this defense than Ansah. While Ansah wows with size/measurables and upside, I like Mingo's change of direction better and edge rushing better for our defense. Would look great at ROLB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    To me Gholston never looked like an OLB Ziggy does. I do see a little BT in him thou. I think he jumps up the boards and goes before we pick. His up side is just huge. Great work ethic and one heck of an athlete. He may actually be the best 3-4 olb prospect in the draft really. But him in Paces spot instant upgrade IMO. The only reason to hold off is there are so many great 2-3 maybe even early 4th round 3-4 OLB prospects in this draft. I'd be just fine with Hunt, Devin Taylor, Carradine, Monty, Ogletree, Williams, Jenkins, or Chase Thomas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Gholston had straight line speed, but a lot of draft experts (namely Tony) said that he was stiff in the hips and couldn't really bend the edge.

And that doesn't even address Ghost's biggest problem: He didn't give a flip after he got his pay day.

ETA: I'm more of a Mingo guy for this defense than Ansah. While Ansah wows with size/measurables and upside, I like Mingo's change of direction better and edge rushing better for our defense. Would look great at ROLB.
    You put Mingo on the Jets and nobody ever throws the Ball. I would run at him all day especially when you have the secondary we have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jokel, Fisher, Star, Floyd, Millner, Geno, Patterson, Lane... the top 10 was unknown butit's shaken itself out.Just hope that Ziggy falls to us