Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Idzik Seattle connection

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Idzik Seattle connection

Seattles knocking on the Superbowl door.
    Like many of you know that window closes quickly in the NFL, look no further then in New England where 8 years have now passed.
    Sometimes it takes bold moves to get over the hump.
    While all of us are laughing at the tweeter fight between Revis & Sherman don't be surprised if they end up teammates.
    Seattle has a QB sitting on the bench making millions while their young stud starting QB is on his 1st contract as a 3rd round pick!
    Seattles other start Browner is a pretty good CB in his own right but let's face it, he's no Revis & who is?
    You want to really ignite a city of crazed fans in the Northwest, you bring in a guy has his own Island, Mr.Revis.
    Lets face it, money is NO OBJECT to Mr. Paul Allen.
    More than half of Revis salary would come from trading Matt Flynn to the Jets.
    Jets get Flynn, Browner, & the Hawks 3rd round pick in this years draft.
    Jets get their QB & replacement corner. Jets now have that extra 3rd to lock down a stud RB.
    Hawks get to have one of the greatest players ever in the NFL to team up with Sherman to form "the best" cornerback duo in the NFL.
    Seahawk fans get to appreciate a guy that truly dominates his position, Paul Allen gets the Seahawks the notoriety they lack out in the great Northwest & Revis jerseys lead the league in sales.
    The NFL is never about one thing. It's about promotion of the entire sport & just like when Reggie White went to the Packers, Revis IS BIG NEWS.
    Every NFL fan knows & appreciates just how good Revis is.
    Jets get a start to a new life with a good West coast QB under the perfect WC coach in Marty.
    Seattle probably dominates their division, (oh, sorry Mr.Crabtree you just entered Revis Island) and most likely plays the next 3 years vying for a Superbowl.
    Sure it would kind of suck seeing Mevis hoisting the Lombardi, but if it gives the Jets a chance at righting this ship at the same time Brady turns 40 & our defense is making him consider retirement than I'm all for it.
    I've waited 44 years, I want them to build in the right way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First the Pats stayed competitive for those 8 years and went to the SB twice since then. How did building for a 2 year run work out for the jets?

The jets can't afford 25mill of cb how does Seattle afford 30mill? Seattle already has the best secondary in the NFL with Lane, Browner, Chancelor, Thomas, Sherman, Trufant.

A incremental improvement in one player out of that dime package does what for the team, that say Michael Johnson, Richard Seymour and William Beatty all of which will cost them less than Revis' 15 mill.

And this does not even take into consideration Revis' acl.

Paul Allen has 121mill to spend just like everyone else.
    Last edited by patman; 02-22-2013 at 07:02 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does everyone believe Seattle needs a Cornerback? If you're Seattle you know you're going to have to pay loud mouth Sherman a boatload after 2013, so what are you going to do? Spend over $200 million on two Cornerbacks? I don't think so. I know their name has been floated around Revis, but it just makes no sense to me. However, if Idzik could pull this off, so be it. I'd gladly take Browner and Flynn in return. Browner's a Top 10 CB in his own right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Why does everyone believe Seattle needs a Cornerback? If you're Seattle you know you're going to have to pay loud mouth Sherman a boatload after 2013, so what are you going to do? Spend over $200 million on two Cornerbacks? I don't think so. I know their name has been floated around Revis, but it just makes no sense to me. However, if Idzik could pull this off, so be it. I'd gladly take Browner and Flynn in return. Browner's a Top 10 CB in his own right.
    Sherman is signed thru 2014 and they can tag him for a year after that. so they have him for 3 more years for a total of 12mill at most. But still the trade makes zero sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

And the jets get a 3rd too!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sherman is signed thru 2014 and they can tag him for a year after that. so they have him for 3 more years for a total of 12mill at most. But still the trade makes zero sense.
    And if you think that loudmouth will play past 2013 without a contract, I'd like to sell you the GW Bridge.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Seattles knocking on the Superbowl door.
    Like many of you know that window closes quickly in the NFL, look no further then in New England where 8 years have now passed.
    Sometimes it takes bold moves to get over the hump.
    While all of us are laughing at the tweeter fight between Revis & Sherman don't be surprised if they end up teammates.
    Seattle has a QB sitting on the bench making millions while their young stud starting QB is on his 1st contract as a 3rd round pick!
    Seattles other start Browner is a pretty good CB in his own right but let's face it, he's no Revis & who is?
    You want to really ignite a city of crazed fans in the Northwest, you bring in a guy has his own Island, Mr.Revis.
    Lets face it, money is NO OBJECT to Mr. Paul Allen.
    More than half of Revis salary would come from trading Matt Flynn to the Jets.
    Jets get Flynn, Browner, & the Hawks 3rd round pick in this years draft.
    Jets get their QB & replacement corner. Jets now have that extra 3rd to lock down a stud RB.
    Hawks get to have one of the greatest players ever in the NFL to team up with Sherman to form "the best" cornerback duo in the NFL.
    Seahawk fans get to appreciate a guy that truly dominates his position, Paul Allen gets the Seahawks the notoriety they lack out in the great Northwest & Revis jerseys lead the league in sales.
    The NFL is never about one thing. It's about promotion of the entire sport & just like when Reggie White went to the Packers, Revis IS BIG NEWS.
    Every NFL fan knows & appreciates just how good Revis is.
    Jets get a start to a new life with a good West coast QB under the perfect WC coach in Marty.
    Seattle probably dominates their division, (oh, sorry Mr.Crabtree you just entered Revis Island) and most likely plays the next 3 years vying for a Superbowl.
    Sure it would kind of suck seeing Mevis hoisting the Lombardi, but if it gives the Jets a chance at righting this ship at the same time Brady turns 40 & our defense is making him consider retirement than I'm all for it.
    I've waited 44 years, I want them to build in the right way.
    The Pats lost the SB and the AFCCG the last two years. Not sure how you conclude their window is closed.

Unfortunately, it's open until Brady retires.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's also not forget that no one is going to trade for Revis unless they have a guarantee of a new deal or an extension for Revis in place.

That means, not only does Seattle have to want to trade for Revis, Revis will also have to want to play for Seattle.

Unless Seattle offers ungodly amounts of money to him, I don't see Revis going to Seattle.

A player goes to Seattle to disappear. Revis would become an afterthought from a marketing perspective.

Why do you think Sherman has been talking so much?

It's not because he likes to trash talk....it's because playing in Seattle, in order to become nationally relevant...he needs to do something other than be one of the best players at his position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seattle is just about the only team in the league that Revis would make no sense at all. Browner is more then good he is also one of the top CBs in the league. Flynn in a dud we'd be pretty stupid to pick up his money. It is not like your even getting a vet BU he has barely played in this league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Seattle is just about the only team in the league that Revis would make no sense at all. Browner is more then good he is also one of the top CBs in the league. Flynn in a dud we'd be pretty stupid to pick up his money. It is not like your even getting a vet BU he has barely played in this league.
    True. Seattle probably has the best secondary in the league with Browner, Sherman and Thomas. Not seeing a need at all to trade for Revis. Makes zero sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the jets get a 3rd too!!!
    1st of all I wasn't saying that the Pats window has closed, I said they haven't won in 8 years, winning a Superbowl is hard.
    Browner is no Revis, Revis is the only corner in the league that can shut down half the field.
    If Seattle could rid themselves of Flynn & end up with Revis, what other move could they do that would result in getting a player of Revis status.
    Of course they would have to give up a 3rd too!
    Jet fans are underestimating Revis worth, yes I know he's coming off an injury but he is still & will be again one of the best defensive players in league.
    Flynn is goner.
    So, they trade him somewhere for a 3rd? Talk about a crapshoot!
    Well I guess we will all see how this plays out but the Jets are definitely getting calls about Revis.
    He's not gonna get 16 million.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This entire idea is crazy and will not happen but for the sake of conversation......

I wonder how well Browner fits in with the Jets. I know he is good but havent watched him much like most Jets fans IM sure.

He is a huge corner so my question is how good is he a man to man. That is what the jets do most of the time.

With his size I questions if he doesnt fit the zone better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    1st of all I wasn't saying that the Pats window has closed, I said they haven't won in 8 years, winning a Superbowl is hard.
    Browner is no Revis, Revis is the only corner in the league that can shut down half the field.
    If Seattle could rid themselves of Flynn & end up with Revis, what other move could they do that would result in getting a player of Revis status.
    Of course they would have to give up a 3rd too!
    Jet fans are underestimating Revis worth, yes I know he's coming off an injury but he is still & will be again one of the best defensive players in league.
    Flynn is goner.
    So, they trade him somewhere for a 3rd? Talk about a crapshoot!
    Well I guess we will all see how this plays out but the Jets are definitely getting calls about Revis.
    He's not gonna get 16 million.
    Revis can only shut down 1/2 the field when they are only two guys running routes. How often do you only see two guys running a pattern? On almost every passing play they are 4 guys running in the defensive backfield.

Yes Revis can shut down a team's number 1 receiver, but what your doing most cases is putting a 15 mill dollar player to defend a 6 mill dollar player It is like using a golden hammer to pound a nail.

Seattle does not need a player of Revis' stature, they already have the best defensive backfield in the nfl, they need more help at Dline and olline.

The combination of trading Flynn and adding Revis will have a cap charge of 15 mill minimum. After tagging their RFA they don't even have that much cap space, never mind signing other FA or their draft picks.

Yes the jets are getting calls regarding Revis. But I bet none of them are from Seattle.

It is not a question of underestimating Revis value, it is Revis' contract demands that damper the demand. If he was willing to sign a 5 year 55 mill contract, there will be plenty of interest in August when he can prove himself ready.

But your asking buyers to forget that most players coming back from ACL tears are only at about 80% the next year. And yes I know about Peterson, I also know about Terrel Thomas and Foxworth, both of whom will never play at their previous skill level.

Every defensive scheme values a all-pro pass rushing DE/OLB, every single defensive snap is impacted. A corner can be guarding the #4 passing option or even worse just a decoy. Most players if they have a slight leg injury a very common injury among players agreed? will have their performance slightly limited, while a WR or a CB will be sitting on the bench. There are too many risks associated with paying a CB the amount of money he is asking. how many teams run a cover two, where a guy like Revis will be wasted plying in a zone.

The jets are already invested in him, the fan base loves him and he is the only player that the fans can identify with, the jets will have more cap room next year than 90% of the other teams and he will remain a NY Jet.
    Last edited by patman; 02-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis can only shut down 1/2 the field when they are only two guys running routes. How often do you only see two guys running a pattern? On almost every passing play they are 4 guys running in the defensive backfield.

Yes Revis can shut down a team's number 1 receiver, but what your doing most cases is putting a 15 mill dollar player to defend a 6 mill dollar player It is like using a golden hammer to pound a nail.

Seattle does not need a player of Revis' stature, they already have the best defensive backfield in the nfl, they need more help at Dline and olline.

The combination of trading Flynn and adding Revis will have a cap charge of 15 mill minimum. After tagging their RFA they don't even have that much cap space, never mind signing other FA or their draft picks.

Yes the jets are getting calls regarding Revis. But I bet none of them are from Seattle.

It is not a question of underestimating Revis value, it is Revis' contract demands that damper the demand. If he was willing to sign a 5 year 55 mill contract, there will be plenty of interest in August when he can prove himself ready.

But your asking buyers to forget that most players coming back from ACL tears are only at about 80% the next year. And yes I know about Peterson, I also know about Terrel Thomas and Foxworth, both of whom will never play at their previous skill level.

Every defensive scheme values a all-pro pass rushing DE/OLB, every single defensive snap is impacted. A corner can be guarding the #4 passing option or even worse just a decoy. Most players if they have a slight leg injury a very common injury among players agreed? will have their performance slightly limited, while a WR or a CB will be sitting on the bench. There are too many risks associated with paying a CB the amount of money he is asking. how many teams run a cover two, where a guy like Revis will be wasted plying in a zone.

The jets are already invested in him, the fan base loves him and he is the only player that the fans can identify with, the jets will have more cap room next year than 90% of the other teams and he will remain a NY Jet.
    We'll see, stay tuned.