Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team draft philsophy and Monte Te'o

Team draft philsophy and Monte Te'o

Where will Monte Te'o land in the draft? Baltimore Ravens with the last pick in the first round. Ravens GM has cleaned up in the draft ignoring combine stars. Ravens in desperate need with Ray Lewis's retirement for an inside LB'er in a 3-4 defense where Te'o fits best.

Ozzie Newsome has taken Hall of Famer's in the draft whose stock plummetted before the draft. Ray Lewis was taken 26th overall and the 4th LB'er taken in the 1996 draft when he was seen by most teams as undersized and unathletic.

In 2002 Ed Reed plumetted to the 24th pick despite being a two-time All American at Miami. I ws especially upset that draft since I loved Reed and thought the Jets would pick him with their 22nd pick. The Jets fell in love with combine and Senior Bowl workout warrior Bryan Thomas. Ed Reed ws the 5th defensive back taken in the 2002 draft. Reed plumetted because of a slow 40 time.

Like Reed and Lewis, Tao's intensity, leadership skills and immeasurables are off the charts.

If the Ravens pass, and if he still there, the Jets should take a good look at Te'o with their 2nd round pick.

All League
    Monte

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Where will Monte Te'o land in the draft? Baltimore Ravens with the last pick in the first round. Ravens GM has cleaned up in the draft ignoring combine stars. Ravens in desperate need with Ray Lewis's retirement for an inside LB'er in a 3-4 defense where Te'o fits best.

Ozzie Newsome has taken Hall of Famer's in the draft whose stock plummetted before the draft. Ray Lewis was taken 26th overall and the 4th LB'er taken in the 1996 draft when he was seen by most teams as undersized and unathletic.

In 2002 Ed Reed plumetted to the 24th pick despite being a two-time All American at Miami. I ws especially upset that draft since I loved Reed and thought the Jets would pick him with their 22nd pick. The Jets fell in love with combine and Senior Bowl workout warrior Bryan Thomas. Ed Reed ws the 5th defensive back taken in the 2002 draft. Reed plumetted because of a slow 40 time.

Like Reed and Lewis, Tao's intensity, leadership skills and immeasurables are off the charts.

If the Ravens pass, and if he still there, the Jets should take a good look at Te'o with their 2nd round pick.
    I still think Te'o is a Top10 pick. He was the best defensive player i saw in NCAA last season.
    But because of the whole fake girlfriend story and his slow 40yd time he keeps dropping down the board

Monte Kiffin would be a great fit here. His aura of Tao would really help the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I still think Te'o is a Top10 pick. He was the best defensive player i saw in NCAA last season.
    But because of the whole fake girlfriend story and his slow 40yd time he keeps dropping down the board
    Did you happen to watch the BCS championship game? He was completely overmatched by NFL calliber players on Alabama, and he will be facing guys like that every week. Other than the Jets, I can't think of any NFL team that likes slow linebackers who can't tackle.

LOL @ the Monte flaming

Jets Insider VIP
    Let me get this correct some people out here are comparing Te'o in any, way shape or form to Ray Lewis....

Good Grief!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hey, it's a goofy name, so you can't blame the guy.

No team will touch this Hawaiian butt-toucher until the end of the second round at the earliest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hey, it's a goofy name, so you can't blame the guy.
    My playful response:

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    No team will touch this Hawaiian butt-toucher until the end of the second round at the earliest.
    This is a serious response:

LOL.

If here's there in the 2nd round you draft him. In the first round there are probably better options. We won't know until draft day, but something like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Bleh he will be lucky to be a David Harris type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bleh he will be lucky to be a David Harris type.
    Draft this beast!

No, wait.

Did you really suggest the Ravens want this kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5Q34X0urw

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Did you really suggest the Ravens want this kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5Q34X0urw
    John Harbaugh is not impressed! I can't believe they film that. What is the world coming to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is a serious response:

Neither of your responses hold water. Or even the morning dew that accumulates upon the tip of a blade of grass in the deepest valley in Brazil.

In fact, your responses border on autistic reasoning. Have you been tested?

Jets Insider VIP
    Neither of your responses hold water. Or even the morning dew that accumulates upon the tip of a blade of grass in the deepest valley in Brazil.

Bad spelling of Caligula.

Banned....

Hall Of Fame

My guess is you have about 15 minutes left around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Bad spelling of Caligula.

Banned....
    Apparently, Google is not your friend.

Also apparently, I still have the ability to post.

Is there like a voting system here to decide who is banned and who isn't? Because I see rival fans trolling unbidden and they have been relavitely untouched.