Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: idzik wants revis to remain a jet.

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    My biggest concern is Revis walks after this season, and we only get a 3rd round pick for him. Does anyone how his contract works, I know we cant franchise him but what about the transition tag, can we use that which would allow us to at least match any offer he gets ?
    Transition tag is a form of the Franchise Tag. Not an option.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Way to side step the question genius. Knowing that every other f*cking team in the league would LOVE to have Darrelle Revis on their team kind of makes the answer rather obvious.

    Answer the f*cking question. YES or NO??????????????????
    Has anyone ever told you that you have anger management problems?? How do you know every team in the league would want Revis do they call you personally.. At the right price yes but that goes for any All pro type player..

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Has anyone ever told you that you have anger management problems?? How do you know every team in the league would want Revis do they call you personally.. At the right price yes but that goes for any All pro type player..
    Exactly, do you think well-run, successful teams like the Pats, Giants, Packers or 49ers would want to put up with Revis's "me-first" attitude and contract issues every single year?

    No way.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,816
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, do you think well-run, successful teams like the Pats, Giants, Packers or 49ers would want to put up with Revis's "me-first" attitude and contract issues every single year?

    No way.
    Look at the All Pro type players the Pats let go and most were not the hold out type..

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Look at the All Pro type players the Pats let go and most were not the hold out type..
    That's my point, and there are alot of other teams out there that would do the same thing.

    To think every team out there would want Revis is just foolish and not true.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You are completely full of SH*T. You call it a goofy analogy ONLY because you want to lessen the value of a CB. Really depends on what your line of thinking is when building a SB champion. You think CB's are expendable. I think that makes you a dingbat that obviously doesn't watch Jets football.

    And don't lessen, even for a second, what Darrelle Revis is. He's the best CB in the game today and will likely go down as the second best or best CB to have ever played the game. He creates a numbers mismatch on the field on every single play the defense is on the field. Mario Williams doesn't do that. Jason Pierre Paul doesn't do that. JJ Watt doesn't do that. Not on every single play at least. You never have to give him Safety help over the top. Just put him on an island with the opponents best receiver and forget about it.

    CB along with QB, WR, LT, and LB/DE are the most important positions when building a football team IMO. You act as though QB should be 75 million per season of a 122 million dollar salary cap. That's dumb. There is more than enough money to go around under the cap to pay your players what they are worth and still win the SB.

    And you're an idiot for thinking we'll never have an offense so long as Revis is making top dollar. You just want to b*tch about what he could potentially make.
    Yes, it's a very stupid analogy.

    You're comparing the value of a CB (regardless of how great he is) to that of a Superbowl winning, HOF QB like Peyton Manning who accounts for 35-40 TD's a season.

    That's retarded, plain and simple.

    If Revis won't budge from his $16 million per demands, then he can go suck a bag of dicks.


    P.S.

    If you think Revis disrupts an offense more than J.J. Watt, you're a jackass. The guy had over 20 sacks last year as a 3-4 DE. That's absolutely insane.

    Not to mention the 16 passes he batted down at the LOS.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-24-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Trade Cromartie to make room to pay Revis, his stock will never be higher.
    Yeah, trade Cromartie who wants to be here and is part of the #2 pass defense and stay with a punk who will run not walk to the highest bidder at the end of the year.

    Then you SOJFs will cry about how inept the Jets were at losing 2 great CBs.

    The Jets will get more for Revis than Cromartie with no decline in results from the secondary.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #48
    The boatload of 1st and 2nd round picks you guys think we're in store for with Revis isn't really materializing. Keep Revis for 1 more year then worry about resigning him in 2014 when we have the cap room or just move on and get another CB in Free Agency.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yeah, trade Cromartie who wants to be here and is part of the #2 pass defense and stay with a punk who will run not walk to the highest bidder at the end of the year.

    Then you SOJFs will cry about how inept the Jets were at losing 2 great CBs.

    The Jets will get more for Revis than Cromartie with no decline in results from the secondary.
    I second this emotion ... Cro is an awesome Jet at this point. No way we trade him ... I hope.

  10. #50
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    145
    Don't be so quick to assume they don't have any good offers. We wont know until the league year begins March 12th...They might have multiple offers

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Has anyone ever told you that you have anger management problems?? How do you know every team in the league would want Revis do they call you personally.. At the right price yes but that goes for any All pro type player..
    HA HA HA like you suddenly know that every other team would have to THINK about whether they want Revis. You're on crack if you actually think other teams would not want Revis. I've got news for you, there isn't a f*cking team in the league that would not want Revis. He's the best defensive player in the league.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, it's a very stupid analogy.

    You're comparing the value of a CB (regardless of how great he is) to that of a Superbowl winning, HOF QB like Peyton Manning who accounts for 35-40 TD's a season.

    That's retarded, plain and simple.

    If Revis won't budge from his $16 million per demands, then he can go suck a bag of dicks.


    P.S.

    If you think Revis disrupts an offense more than J.J. Watt, you're a jackass. The guy had over 20 sacks last year as a 3-4 DE. That's absolutely insane.

    Not to mention the 16 passes he batted down at the LOS.
    UT is officially a stupid A$$.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're on crack if you actually think other teams would not want Revis. I've got news for you, there isn't a f*cking team in the league that would not want Revis. He's the best defensive player in the league.
    With all due respect MJ, this could be your dumbest post ever.

    Do you seriously think there is a huge market out there for a friggn' CB who will demand $16MM per year and still continue to cry about his contract?

    And let's stop with the ridiculous notion that Revis is the "best defensive player in the NFL". If you asked all 32 teams who they would rather have, Revis or JJ Watt, all 32 would take Watt, including the Jets, without even thinking about it for a second.

    Watt can totally dominate a game (like he did last year) and creat havoc for opposing offense. Revis is not a playmaker at all. All he does is neutralize one friggn' player.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    HA HA HA like you suddenly know that every other team would have to THINK about whether they want Revis. You're on crack if you actually think other teams would not want Revis. I've got news for you, there isn't a f*cking team in the league that would not want Revis. He's the best defensive player in the league.
    Every team in the league would want Revis for 5 years 55 mill in 2014 of that there is no doubt in my mind. For every mill above that 1/4 of the teams would not want to spend the money- so 32 teams at 11, 25 teams at 12M, 18 at 13M, 10 at 14M and 3 at 15. Now those 3 at 15M that value Revis that high do they have the cap room? Do they want to pay Revis 15 mill and give up picks for the right to do so.

    It's been my take that he stays with the jets in 2014, They will have more cap room than any other team and are already invested in him.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    With all due respect MJ, this could be your dumbest post ever.

    Do you seriously think there is a huge market out there for a friggn' CB who will demand $16MM per year and still continue to cry about his contract?

    And let's stop with the ridiculous notion that Revis is the "best defensive player in the NFL". If you asked all 32 teams who they would rather have, Revis or JJ Watt, all 32 would take Watt, including the Jets, without even thinking about it for a second.

    Watt can totally dominate a game (like he did last year) and creat havoc for opposing offense. Revis is not a playmaker at all. All he does is neutralize one friggn' player.
    Fans hear this he shuts down 1/2 the field crap and actually believe it. As if teams only send 2 or three guys out in a pattern.

    If a team divides their cap money 50-50 between offense and defense it would be like the 11 starters would make 4 mill a piece (44 mill) and every backup 1 mill (17mill). So if you have just one player making 15 mill or 11mill above what would be equally allocated to each slot, that has the effect of only being able to spend 1 mill each for three other starters. I know it is to simplistic but that is why teams will not be in line to pay Revis.

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    HA HA HA like you suddenly know that every other team would have to THINK about whether they want Revis. You're on crack if you actually think other teams would not want Revis. I've got news for you, there isn't a f*cking team in the league that would not want Revis. He's the best defensive player in the league.
    Again, at what price? Not every team wants Revis as the highest paid defensive player in the league. Not every team wants to revisit Revis' contract every couple years. Not every team wants their CB to be their highest paid player. You can not say every team wants Revis and ignore the biggest issue with him and that is his contract.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,617
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Again, at what price? Not every team wants Revis as the highest paid defensive player in the league. Not every team wants to revisit Revis' contract every couple years. Not every team wants their CB to be their highest paid player. You can not say every team wants Revis and ignore the biggest issue with him and that is his contract.

    Well said.

    Mevis will hold out every 3 years. Im tired of it.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    HA HA HA like you suddenly know that every other team would have to THINK about whether they want Revis. You're on crack if you actually think other teams would not want Revis. I've got news for you, there isn't a f*cking team in the league that would not want Revis. He's the best defensive player in the league.
    If Revis was a Bronco last season (and not hurt) the Broncos go to the Superbowl with a good chance of winning it.


    I'll be shocked if the Broncos aren't the first team to offer a nice package for him including their lower round first plus a couple of players.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    If Revis was a Bronco last season (and not hurt) the Broncos go to the Superbowl with a good chance of winning it.


    I'll be shocked if the Broncos aren't the first team to offer a nice package for him including their lower round first plus a couple of players.
    Do you seriously think the Broncos would pay Manning $20MM and Revis $16MM?

    That's 31% of their cap money tied up in 2 players.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think the Broncos would pay Manning $20MM and Revis $16MM?

    That's 31% of their cap money tied up in 2 players.
    Plus they are going to have to pay Von Miller soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us