Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barkley:6-3 227

Barkley:6-3 227

http://walterfootball.com/combine2013QB.php

According to Walter Football

Does this change anything?
    Most consistent knock on him I've heard is he'd barely measure 6-1 so if this is true does his stock change?

Hall Of Fame
    Just heard some of his presser. If I didn't know any better I would have thought Sanchez was speaking. I'll pass.

But to answer your question, I think it helps. How could it not? There is always a team that is willing to reach for a QB.

That's not the height I saw.

I saw him listed as 6024 (ETA: Maybe WF rounded up, but that's pretty generous to give him an extra half inch).

Besides, none of that makes his arm any stronger. And we play in one of the 5-6 most inclement and windy stadiums in the league. We gotta stop with the weak or average armed QBs.

Barkley probably isnt a fit for us, but he is WAY over scrutinized at this point.

The fact that he is potentially going to be available in the second round of the draft shows not only how difficult the whole process is, but also how quickly all the teams can jump on a bandwagon in one direction or another.

He isnt andrew luck by any means, but to compare him to sanchez is absolutely ridiculous.

He is not a celebrity type person...he is a devoutly religious guy.

He didnt get by in college by the players around him. He is extremely good at presnap adjustments and reading defenses.

He is a 4 year starter who took a beating this past season behind a terible oline.

He will be a starter in the NFL.

All Pro
    Just forget it. New GM? it'd be suicide to draft another USC qb to replace the current dysfunctional one we have at the moment. Especially one with as much turmoil as surrounds Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    That's not the height I saw.

I saw him listed as 6024 (ETA: Maybe WF rounded up, but that's pretty generous to give him an extra half inch).

Besides, none of that makes his arm any stronger. And we play in one of the 5-6 most inclement and windy stadiums in the league. We gotta stop with the weak or average armed QBs.
    Well he's as close to 6-3 as he is to 6-2

Either way not necessarily advocating we draft him-although I'd not be as against as some are-but does this make a difference to whether he'd be around in the 2nd?...how high does he go?...does he enter the first rd equation?...if he was already in it does he threaten the top 10?....all these things could be relevant to us.

All Pro
    If he's available at our second round pick, would you really be against Idzik taking a shot on the guy?

All League
    Tyler Bray just measure/weighed in at 6'6" 232

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Well he's as close to 6-3 as he is to 6-2

Either way not necessarily advocating we draft him-although I'd not be as against as some are-but does this make a difference to whether he'd be around in the 2nd?...how high does he go?...does he enter the first rd equation?...if he was already in it does he threaten the top 10?....all these things could be relevant to us.
    Fair enough re: height.

But as Paradis pointed out, picking Barkley is basically Idzik asking for career suicide unless Barkley becomes a fringe top 10 QB. In the eyes of the NY fan base, merely being a starting caliber QB (a la an Andy Dalton) would not be good enough. I just don't like it from a risk/reward perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Just forget it. New GM? it'd be suicide to draft another USC qb to replace the current dysfunctional one we have at the moment. Especially one with as much turmoil as surrounds Matt.
    I look at it the other wa. If Idzik falls in love with Barkley and his scouts tell him that he is going to be great, it would be negligent for him to NOT draft Barkley SOLELY because he went to the same school as Sanchez. Seems like the way an amateur would build a fantasy football team and not the way an executive runs a multi-million dollar franchise.

All Pro
    Hating on Barkley is the popular thing to do, especially for Jets fans.

But the hate is often illogical. The fact is, he had a more impressive career than every other QB in this class. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has enough arm with a pretty quick release.

Geno Smith is considered the #1 QB prospect but did anyone watch him in the 2nd half of the season? He lost 5 in a row, 6 of his last 8 and he failed to score 20 points in 3 of those 6 losses, all despite having two fantastic WRs.

I really hope Buffalo doesn't pick Barkley.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Hating on Barkley is the popular thing to do, especially for Jets fans.

But the hate is often illogical. The fact is, he had a more impressive career than every other QB in this class. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has enough arm with a pretty quick release.

Geno Smith is considered the #1 QB prospect but did anyone watch him in the 2nd half of the season? He lost 5 in a row, 6 of his last 8 and he failed to score 20 points in 3 of those 6 losses, all despite having two fantastic WRs.

I really hope Buffalo doesn't pick Barkley.
    If Barkley is still on the board when we pick in Round 2, I'm all in favor of taking him.

I don't think he'll ever be an "elite" QB, but I think he could definitely be a respectable Top 15 kind of guy for a long time.

He reminds me a lot of Matt Hasselbeck actually.

We need to go in a different direction. No USC QB, certaintly no USC QB from Southern CA...

When's the last time a USC QB hasn't looked good in college?

They scare the **** out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    We need to go in a different direction. No USC QB, certaintly no USC QB from Southern CA...

They scare the **** out of me too. What's wrong with Glennon ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    They scare the **** out of me too. What's wrong with Glennon ?
    I personally don't want either guy, but Barkley is a better QB than Glennon.

All Pro

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Give actual reasons why he is a bad QB please. Going to USC and being from California are not reasons, they are irrelevant to the football discussion.

Cal QBs sucked until Aaron Rodgers became a superstar. Florida WRs were garbage until Percy Harvin came along. There are dozens of examples like this.

Evaluate the individual player.

Give actual reasons why he is a bad QB please. Going to USC and being from California are not reasons, they are irrelevant to the football discussion.

Cal QBs sucked until Aaron Rodgers became a superstar. Florida WRs were garbage until Percy Harvin came along. There are dozens of examples like this.

I have never been a fan of USC QBs at all so I get the lash back on this. He does everything you want in a young QB and more IMO. People whine about his arm and size but both are pro caliber. He is much better then many hypes ND and USC QBs over the last decade. I can list his weakness easy but his positives far outweigh any of them. I think he is the kind of personality that we need, a real leader. I am tired of seeing Hollywood type players come and go in this town, they don't last. If he was from any other school he'd be #1 unquestioned IMO. No way he doesn't go 1st round and the team that gets him will get a bargain.

They used to say pretty much exactly the same thing about Cal Qb's that played under Jeff Tedford

The same argument was trotted out again when Aaron Rodgers came along

Might have even been the reason so many teams passed on him

I just think,as RevisChrist already stated,that is not a good way to run a franchise.By all means take school and system into account as well as coaching but if the guy is the best QB on the board and you desperately need a QB then this logic is what keeps you in the losing column for years to come

This

All Pro
    T
    Mike, c'mon man. Wake up. You don't need actual reasons. It's a volatile city with a volatile QB situation. Drafting another USC Qb with Mark fresh in our mouths (ew), is not gonna happen. Whether you think it's for legitimate reasons or not. Don't be naive. Perception plays a factor.