Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barkley:6-3 227

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want us to get matt flynn and then address QB real late, with a guy like renfree in the 6th.

I want no part of Geno as he will go too high. Glennon is too inaccurate, although I think he could develop into a good pro. Manuel and bray have too many question marks.

The 2 guys i like the most are wilson and nassib, but wilson's hands are just too small, especially for the cold weather. Id have no problem with nassib, although his senior bowl showing wasnt great.

Barkely, IMO is the safest guy of the bunch and could easily be an opening day starter in his first season.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Barkley is Chad Pennington with less ability to read defenses.

His 2012 stats, which were not overwhelming to begin with, were padded with big numbers against bad teams like Hawaii, Colorado and Syracuse.

Against better competition he was 4-4 with 20 TDs and 14 INTs.

His wins this year were against Cal, Utah, Washinton, and AZ State along with the three teams mentioned above. those teams combined for a record of 35-62.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

His 2012 stats, which were not overwhelming to begin with, were padded with big numbers against bad teams like Hawaii, Colorado and Syracuse.

His wins this year were against Cal, Utah, Washinton, and AZ State along with the three teams mentioned above. those teams combined for a record of 35-62.
    Case Closed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

Yea and they averaged 10 points in games without him and like 40 with him what is your point. As a team USC wasn't good this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yea and they averaged 10 points in games without him and like 40 with him what is your point. As a team USC wasn't good this year.
    Case reopened

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    touché!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Plus Lane Kiffen is a f***ing train wreck as HC. That guy can sure kill a program.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So not interested in this guy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Plus Lane Kiffen is a f***ing train wreck as HC. That guy can sure kill a program.
    100% agree I have never seen a coach suck this bad everywhere he goes. He was outcoached by just about everyone this year. Stanford held USC to .9 YPC. With USC high profile OL that shouldn't happen. It is not like it is his 1st year there either that is a team HE built.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    taking him passed the 2nd wouldn't be too bad of a risk for any team, but for us after taking a dud from USC I don't think this team can afford the bad PR

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    taking him passed the 2nd wouldn't be too bad of a risk for any team, but for us after taking a dud from USC I don't think this team can afford the bad PR
    To hell with the PR

If guys like Idzik and Mornhinweg think Barkley can be a good QB, then take him.

I could care less if the media questions the move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    To hell with the PR

If guys like Idzik and Mornhinweg think Barkley can be a good QB, then take him.

I could care less if the media questions the move.
    +1
    He's not my favorite QB in this draft. But if Idzy likes him, the fact that Trojan QBs haven't had much success shouldn't stop him from taking him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This cant be underscored either, kiffin is absolutely atrocious....its amazing how much stock people still put in him after the utter mess he has been at every stop.

Disloyal, breaking rules, hard to work with, and errible with Xs and Os...just one of the most overrated coaches in all of college football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Southern California pretty boy - I just think that the media/fans would eat this guy alive merging him with Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Southern California pretty boy - I just think that the media/fans would eat this guy alive merging him with Sanchez.
    Barkley is nothing like Sanchez. He is a religious kid, not a typical So Cal party kid like Sanchez and Leinhart. You will not read about him in a hot tub with 10 chicks or reportedly hooking up with 17 year old girls. He was the first kid to start as a freshman and all 4 years at Mater Di High School and started 4 years at USC. By all accounts he is a great kid.

I am not saying he is the answer, but not drafting him just because Sanchez was from USC would be a huge mistake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barkley is nothing like Sanchez. He is a religious kid, not a typical So Cal party kid like Sanchez and Leinhart. You will not read about him in a hot tub with 10 chicks or reportedly hooking up with 17 year old girls. He was the first kid to start as a freshman and all 4 years at Mater Di High School and started 4 years at USC. By all accounts he is a great kid.

I am not saying he is the answer, but not drafting him just because Sanchez was from USC would be a huge mistake.
    You know that Barkley was every bit a party kid like the two you mentioned right? So much that there was buzz that Barkley's favorite line was "Hey, I'm the starting QB, you should **** me?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
    Yikes RT @nfldraftscout: Text I received from a scout this morning: Matt Barkley will not get past the Arizona #Cardinals at No. 7 overall

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    You know that Barkley was every bit a party kid like the two you mentioned right? So much that there was buzz that Barkley's favorite line was "Hey, I'm the starting QB, you should **** me?"
    There is a difference between getting laid and being Matt Leinhart.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a difference between getting laid and being Matt Leinhart.
    There's partying...then there's Matt Leinhart

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1!