Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Jets trade rumors re Revis, Sanchez and Tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unload sanchez to the cardinals for a pack of peanuts i dont care.
    Couldn't agree more.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    The Jets are also looking to trade both QB's Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Apparently, the Cardinals have inquired about Sanchez.
    I've thought all along that Arizona would be the perfect trade partner for Sanchez and he would immediately be the best QB on that team.

What would the asking price be? And how much money would the Jets have to eat for this to get done? I know everyone here would send him away for a sack of dirty jock straps, but there will have to be some sort of transaction... maybe a 5th round pick?

The Jets want WR Stephen Hill to get better.
    lol no sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I've thought all along that Arizona would be the perfect trade partner for Sanchez and he would immediately be the best QB on that team.

What would the asking price be? And how much money would the Jets have to eat for this to get done? I know everyone here would send him away for a sack of dirty jock straps, but there will have to be some sort of transaction... maybe a 5th round pick?
    idzik will get this done on draft day and be our draft day hero. quite frankly i dont care who the starting qb is for the 2013 season as long as it isnt sanchez.

Veteran

lol no sh!t
    Me, too. He could do well there, smaller media market, good WR, etc. My guess is we'd have to eat at least $5 million and not expect much in return in terms of draft picks. But I'm ok with that -- we'd get a little cap relief and a fresh start at QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Hey, fact checking police, who is posting "sources"? The substance of the article is exactly what I claimed it was -- "rumors," which are to be taken with a grain of salt no matter where they come from, particularly when it comes to the draft.
    Actually there's a difference between rumors and made up information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    idzik will get this done on draft day and be our draft day hero. quite frankly i dont care who the starting qb is for the 2013 season as long as it isnt sanchez.
    I don't care who the starter is because it won't matter. I just don't want to mortgage the future for the short term. We're not winning anything anytime soon, so locking up Revis on a long term contract is probably a moot point.

All League
    I like the idea of drafting a great QB, but I don't think it's time yet to do it. I would rather accumulate picks by trading down in the draft, trading certain players for picks like Cro, Tebow & possibly Revis & Mark.

They should focus on strengthening the team as a whole this year, before dipping their hand in the cookie jar for a QB.

Probably something along the lines of a conditional 2014 5th round pick that could elevate to a 4th or a 3rd based on incentives.

If the Jets traded REvis and the 9 for that return I'd be over and out, good bye, see ya.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the Jets traded REvis and the 9 for that return I'd be over and out, good bye, see ya.
    And what if Geno turns into a respectable Top 15 QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And what if Geno turns into a respectable Top 15 QB?
    You want to trade Revis + our 9th pick overall to go up to one to get a QB and take that chance? Have at it. Geno is not Andrew Luck or RG3 or any semblance of that caliber of QB. It's surprising you are taking this tact when you have been all over taking the og at 9 instead of a Qb at 9 that could turn out to be a respectable top 15 QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    You want to trade Revis + our 9th pick overall to go up to one to get a QB and take that chance? Have at it. Geno is not Andrew Luck or RG3 or any semblance of that caliber of QB. It's surprising you are taking this tact when you have been all over taking the og at 9 instead of a Qb at 9 that could turn out to be a respectable top 15 QB.
    Well, yeah, no kidding he's not Andrew Luck.

If he was Andrew Luck then KC would laugh at us and tell us to go f*ck ourselves even if we offered up Revis and our next 3 1st round picks.

I'm not saying that this would be my preferred scenario, but I wouldn't renounce my Jets fandom if it happened.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Well, yeah, no kidding he's not Andrew Luck.

If he was Andrew Luck then KC would laugh at us and tell us to go f*ck ourselves even if we offered up Revis and our next 3 1st round picks.

I'm not saying that this would be my preferred scenario, but I wouldn't renounce my Jets fandom if it happened.
    Beer is saying that the logic doesn't equate, and there would be better options than even trading up at all. Its also total 360 of your G wants.

I'd be smiling ear to ear. You hold onto the Revis, the Jets still ain't going anywhere and then it'll be bye bye Revis free agent next year and you won't get even a bag of peanuts in return. Sometimes you need to look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    And here's what his profile reads on the website:

Handle Vin_Cuccs
    Status Standard User
    User Level 5
    E-Mail **private**
    Registered February 2005
    Giants Fan Since 1983
    Location Flemington, N.J.
    Hometown Westfield, N.J.
    Occupation Marketing/Advertising Sales

So there you have it kids. For all the best football/draft rumors, go to/put your trust in an Ad man.
    Technically, he's not even an Ad man, he's a sales man for Ads. Which is probably the only thing worse.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Actually there's a difference between rumors and made up information.
    Right, because teams and agents don't lie during the draft process.

Thanks for your censorship -- we're truly lucky to have you on this board.

I'm not against trading Revis for a #1 and a #3. I'm against trading Revis and gambling on a pick, like Geno Smith. He's a gamble.

If you told me we're picking the next JJ Watt, it's a no brainer.

If you're telling me we're picking a possible RG3, maybe, not so sure, perhaps, but not probably, then forget it. Take the 1 year rental, and move on. We're getting a #3 anyway if he walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    I'd be smiling ear to ear. You hold onto the Revis, the Jets still ain't going anywhere and then it'll be bye bye Revis free agent next year and you won't get even a bag of peanuts in return. Sometimes you need to look at the big picture.
    So you approve of giving up our 9th overall pick and revis to get a qb 1st overall in this draft? Wow. I'm all for trading revis if he wants too much coin. Trading up to get a qb #1 over all is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm not against trading Revis for a #1 and a #3. I'm against trading Revis and gambling on a pick, like Geno Smith. He's a gamble.

If you told me we're picking the next JJ Watt, it's a no brainer.

If you're telling me we're picking a possible RG3, maybe, not so sure, perhaps, but not probably, then forget it. Take the 1 year rental, and move on. We're getting a #3 anyway if he walks.
    I agree totally. My comment was a refelction on geno smith and all qb's in this draft, not on trading revis.

Funny, this 20 something Giants-bro is making up trades and we're sitting here getting worried.

Geno is a slice of garbage, no GM would trade revis and the 9 for him.