Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Jets trade rumors re Revis, Sanchez and Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Right, because teams and agents don't lie during the draft process.

Thanks for your censorship -- we're truly lucky to have you on this board.
    if Mayock said that one agent told him the agent for another player said something, that is a rumor worth reporting. This guy sounds like he is taking posts from internet
    sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Funny, this 20 something Giants-bro is making up trades and we're sitting here getting worried.

Geno is a slice of garbage, no GM would trade revis and the 9 for him.
    no way idzik starts off his jet career this way - first draft, first pick.

this trade is even dubious for trader mike.

will. not. happen.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=465608

Some Rumblings and Rumors
    Vin_Cuccs : 2/21/2013 8:56 pm
    Here we go:

This is most likely a huge, huge stretch, but there has apparently been some chatter about a trade between the Jets and Chiefs for CB Darelle Revis and the #9 pick for the #1 pick and the #63 pick. The Jets would then most likely use the #1 pick on QB Geno Smith.

The Jets have also discussed Seahawks QB Matt Flynn via trade.

The Jets are also looking to trade both QB's Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Apparently, the Cardinals have inquired about Sanchez.

Speaking of Revis, apparently the Titans, Chiefs, Lions and Broncos have inquired.

The Chiefs really want to trade down out of the #1 spot.

The Titans are trying to re-sign DT Sen'Derrick Marks and K Rob Bironas.

The Vikings are saying publically that they will not trade WR Percy Harvin but rumor has it that they are waiting for a monster offer.

The 49ers will wait for the best offer and then trade QB Alex Smith.

The Titans are looking for a RB to compliment RB Chris Johnson.

The Bengals are interested in RB Reggie Bush.

The Jets want WR Stephen Hill to get better.
    If the Jets lose Revis & Sanchez, they will be laughinstock of nfl again .. The ETS R returning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I've thought all along that Arizona would be the perfect trade partner for Sanchez and he would immediately be the best QB on that team.

What would the asking price be? And how much money would the Jets have to eat for this to get done? I know everyone here would send him away for a sack of dirty jock straps, but there will have to be some sort of transaction... maybe a 5th round pick?

lol no sh!t
    Again, everything depends on Sanchez. Arizona is over the cap also so they could not afford more than 1 or two mill for Sanchez. I don't think it will be for a pick this year but a conditonal on how he plays next year with the jets having a shot at a 3rd. If the jets eat the 8.5 mill and Sanchez is willing to cut the 3.5 remaining to 1 mill it could happen.
    Last edited by patman; 02-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    If the Jets lose Revis & Sanchez, they will be laughinstock of nfl again .. The ETS R returning.
    Lose Sanchez? I'm surprised woody has not tied him naked smeared with honey to a tree in the Catskills

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Yes, getting rid of Buttfumble is what's really gonna make us a laughing stock.

Haha, this guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Right, because teams and agents don't lie during the draft process.

Thanks for your censorship -- we're truly lucky to have you on this board.
    Where is this guy quoting an agent or team?

This guys page makes incarcerated bob or whatever look legit.

Whatever im going to start a page and post random stuff off as rumors...make sure to follow me on twitter yo

Jets Insider VIP
    Star Lotulelei who reminds me of Ngata would be available if we had #1 pick. Then with a third pick up a guard like Warford or Winters. I might do that trade for Revis; however, no QB at #1. With #2 QB Nassib or Manuel probably be available.

If we had a competent GM last year we could have traded revis and multiple picks for RG3. St louis was trading the pick for sure, RG3, unlike smith was a sure thing like luck, and that has been quickly proven.. Revis value was much higher last yr pre injury and 2 years before FA.

Jets would be stupid to draft up #1 to get smith, he can probably be had at #9

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I've thought all along that Arizona would be the perfect trade partner for Sanchez and he would immediately be the best QB on that team.

What would the asking price be? And how much money would the Jets have to eat for this to get done? I know everyone here would send him away for a sack of dirty jock straps, but there will have to be some sort of transaction... maybe a 5th round pick?

lol no sh!t
    What are you talking about, there's no trade market for Mark Sanchez.

[QUOTE=McGinley;4818464]Yes, getting rid of Buttfumble is what's really gonna make us a laughing stock.

Haha, this guy.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TdVepvwNA

Not funny mofo!!!

G Smith is a not worth the no.1 pick .... Heck ... I don't think he is worth any first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Star Lotulelei who reminds me of Ngata would be available if we had #1 pick. Then with a third pick up a guard like Warford or Winters. I might do that trade for Revis; however, no QB at #1. With #2 QB Nassib or Manuel probably be available.
    Totally agree with you here.
    Jets D line would be nasty
    Star-Mo-Coples-Ellis!
    Having an extra 3rd is where we get our Guards & RB. I think the value for guards is in the 3rd this year.
    Tons of athletic Olineman this year, they were commenting at the combine that they never seen so many 300lbs moving like these guys.
    I know other Jet fans would not be happy but I have no problem Jets going defense in 1& 2 this year, DT+ LB.
    Dallas got Lee in the 2nd last year, luv to have Star & a player like Lee!
    Then you can go OG & RB in the 3rd.
    Go all offense 4-7, take a TE, maybe a flyer on Lattimore if we can get him in the 4th?
    The best years the Jets have had r when they are strong in the trenches, something that Tanny let fall apart in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm not against trading Revis for a #1 and a #3. I'm against trading Revis and gambling on a pick, like Geno Smith. He's a gamble.

If you told me we're picking the next JJ Watt, it's a no brainer.

If you're telling me we're picking a possible RG3, maybe, not so sure, perhaps, but not probably, then forget it. Take the 1 year rental, and move on. We're getting a #3 anyway if he walks.

If the jets got a 1 and a 3 for revis he would be out the door the min FA started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What are you talking about, there's no trade market for Mark Sanchez.
    There is not any market for Sanchez. You hear of teams interested in Cousins,
    Alex Smith, Ryan Mallet, Nick Foles, Matt Flynn on TV or in the Print media, You don't hear about anyone inquiring about Sanchez.

By no market I mean a a market where a team would take on his current contract even if the jets ate any less than 7 mill of his 8.5 guaranteed salary which would leave the jets less cap space than what they have now.

Every team seen Sanchez struggles last year, What GM is going to go to his owner and say hey I got to get some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There is not any market for Sanchez. You hear of teams interested in Cousins,
    Alex Smith, Ryan Mallet, Nick Foles, Matt Flynn on TV or in the Print media, You don't hear about anyone inquiring about Sanchez.

By no market I mean a a market where a team would take on his current contract even if the jets ate any less than 7 mill of his 8.5 guaranteed salary which would leave the jets less cap space than what they have now.

Every team seen Sanchez struggles last year, What GM is going to go to his owner and say hey I got to get some of that.
    One rumor had Arizona inquiring about Sanchez.

But in terms of all the QBs you mentioned, Sanchez has the least reported inquiries of them all.

Hey, fact checking police, who is posting "sources"? The substance of the article is exactly what I claimed it was -- "rumors," which are to be taken with a grain of salt no matter where they come from, particularly when it comes to the draft.
    This is a worthless thread. By your logic, knowing what we know about the person that floated this "rumor", any pathetic schmuck that has a blog can float a rumor that will deserve a thread here.

Chatter. There has been CHATTER. This rumor could have originated on a message board, FFS. And probably did.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unload sanchez to the cardinals for a pack of peanuts i dont care.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why would the Jets trade for Smith when Smith has a great chance of being there at 8?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All I have been hearing is how bad the Jets are against the cap. Now there is talk (crazy) about getting the #1 overall pick? And using it on Geno F'ing Smith? Is Idzik tasting advice from Trader Mike? Give me a gun NOW!