Thread: Crazy Jets trade rumors re Revis, Sanchez and Tebow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Jets trade rumors re Revis, Sanchez and Tebow

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=465608

Some Rumblings and Rumors
    Vin_Cuccs : 2/21/2013 8:56 pm
    Here we go:

This is most likely a huge, huge stretch, but there has apparently been some chatter about a trade between the Jets and Chiefs for CB Darelle Revis and the #9 pick for the #1 pick and the #63 pick. The Jets would then most likely use the #1 pick on QB Geno Smith.

The Jets have also discussed Seahawks QB Matt Flynn via trade.

The Jets are also looking to trade both QB's Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Apparently, the Cardinals have inquired about Sanchez.

Speaking of Revis, apparently the Titans, Chiefs, Lions and Broncos have inquired.

The Chiefs really want to trade down out of the #1 spot.

The Titans are trying to re-sign DT Sen'Derrick Marks and K Rob Bironas.

The Vikings are saying publically that they will not trade WR Percy Harvin but rumor has it that they are waiting for a monster offer.

The 49ers will wait for the best offer and then trade QB Alex Smith.

The Titans are looking for a RB to compliment RB Chris Johnson.

The Bengals are interested in RB Reggie Bush.

The Jets want WR Stephen Hill to get better.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Revis worth Geno Smith and a 3rd?

No

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's an interesting thought, though. revis and 9 for gino and 63. it all depends on how good you think smith is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate this trade
    I don't want to use our 1st for a QB this year, especially if its #1 overall.
    No one wants the 1st pick this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's an interesting thought, though. revis and 9 for gino and 63. it all depends on how good you think smith is.
    I have no idea about Smith. Have to see where Mayock has him. Mayock was right on with Wilson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I have no idea about Smith. Have to see where Mayock has him. Mayock was right on with Wilson.
    Mayock has Smith rated no higher then No. 20.

3. Mayock doesn't believe any quarterbacks are worth the No. 9 pick. He expects West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley will be the first two off the board, but he sees them in the 20 to 32 range. Mayock on Smith: "I see flashes of everything you want in a top-10 quarterback. I see a lot more inconsistency, though, than I see those flashes."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-a-top-10-pick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Mayock has Smith rated no higher then No. 20.

3. Mayock doesn't believe any quarterbacks are worth the No. 9 pick. He expects West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley will be the first two off the board, but he sees them in the 20 to 32 range. Mayock on Smith: "I see flashes of everything you want in a top-10 quarterback. I see a lot more inconsistency, though, than I see those flashes."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-a-top-10-pick
    not disagreeing on gino. but with qbs, if you think he'll be real good in a few years, it may be worth the shot. maybe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This site looks worse than the back in the day MLB trade rumors.

Folks, please use some discretion when posting "sources"

Mods, kindly dump this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Mods, kindly dump this.
    Those are quite a few exclusive rumors for this guy who seeming has many deep insider contacts. I don't think anyone would trade up to one for Smith. Most likely everyone wants to trade down in this draft. I would love a bunch of 2nds and 3rds in this draft, and the number one pick next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did a search for vin cuccs and the first thing that popped up were his xbox scores and standings. Seems legit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Did a search for vin cuccs and the first thing that popped up were his xbox scores and standings. Seems legit.
    lol

/thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's difficult to say given the Chiefs are under a new GM, but I find it very unlikely they are pursuing Revis with any seriousness considering they already have Brandon Flowers on the books with a $50 Million contract, and wouldn't give Brandon Carr a $50 Million Contract, but they are willing to give up picks that they SORELY need to obtain Revis who will require a contract much higher than the one Carr signed? Doesn't add up in any form or fashion, other than Revis being much better than Carr.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets want WR Stephen Hill to get better.
    youdon'tsay.jpg

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Is Revis worth Geno Smith and a 3rd?

No
    Revis is a one year lease for us, but he's worth whatever a team is willing to give us. I'd rather have a later first, and another next year which probably has around the same value. I just don't want Smith at that spot. I'd love to have the Chiefs 1st pick next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=465608

Some Rumblings and Rumors
    Vin_Cuccs : 2/21/2013 8:56 pm
    Here we go:

This is most likely a huge, huge stretch, but there has apparently been some chatter about a trade between the Jets and Chiefs for CB Darelle Revis and the #9 pick for the #1 pick and the #63 pick. The Jets would then most likely use the #1 pick on QB Geno Smith.

The Jets have also discussed Seahawks QB Matt Flynn via trade.

The Jets are also looking to trade both QB's Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Apparently, the Cardinals have inquired about Sanchez.

Speaking of Revis, apparently the Titans, Chiefs, Lions and Broncos have inquired.
    First rumor: If they feel like Geno Smith is a franchise QB, I'd pull the trigger. A franchise QB and a 3rd round pick for Revis is a fair deal. To those who think we're going to get multiple #1 picks and a player or multiple #1 picks, keep on dreaming. He's not a QB. The best they'll do is a 1 and a 4, maybe a 3, and I can't even see that happening. If you can land someone who you think is a franchise QB, they'd be wise to pull the trigger.

Second rumor: A rumor everyone has speculated for four months now. I think everyone would be okay with this.

Third rumor: Dear Lord Baby Jesus please let this be true. Get back whatever you can for Sensitive Six and run fast.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to make a poor judgement regarding Smith off of one game BUT, I came away very unimpressed when he played Syracuse in NY in cold/snowy weather. To me, Smith did not distinguish himself more than Nassib did in that game.
    I will say this, unless we build our offensive line up and provide playmakers, it does not matter who our QB is, they will all be throwing from their back.

Now if you tell me it is Revis and Sanchez for the #1 pick and 3rd rounder and we still keep # 9 as well I would be more inclined to listen to that offer so we can rebuild through the draft as an option.
    Last edited by NYDreamer; 02-23-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And here's what his profile reads on the website:

Handle Vin_Cuccs
    Status Standard User
    User Level 5
    E-Mail **private**
    Registered February 2005
    Giants Fan Since 1983
    Location Flemington, N.J.
    Hometown Westfield, N.J.
    Occupation Marketing/Advertising Sales

So there you have it kids. For all the best football/draft rumors, go to/put your trust in an Ad man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Revis is a one year lease for us, but he's worth whatever a team is willing to give us. I'd rather have a later first, and another next year which probably has around the same value. I just don't want Smith at that spot. I'd love to have the Chiefs 1st pick next year.
    It's almost a trade for straight up Revis for Smith. The early 3rd is irrelevant at this point. I'm not on board for that. We may be stuck with that kind of offer, however, for the reason you and others have pointed out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Mods, kindly dump this.
    Hey, fact checking police, who is posting "sources"? The substance of the article is exactly what I claimed it was -- "rumors," which are to be taken with a grain of salt no matter where they come from, particularly when it comes to the draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    unload sanchez to the cardinals for a pack of peanuts i dont care.