Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine Thread, Saturday 2/23 - TE/OL/STs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cordarelle Patterson, Tanny's guy runs a 4.37.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kim Jones just said on TV there is a rumor that Barkley will not get past the Cardinals at #7.

I would love nothing more than to have Barkley and Smith go ahead of us and to have a couple of really good prospects fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Kim Jones just said on TV there is a rumor that Barkley will not get past the Cardinals at #7.

I would love nothing more than to have Barkley and Smith go ahead of us and to have a couple of really good prospects fall.
    Yup, would love if Smith, Barkley and Patterson are all gone before 9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone think there's a chance the Jets pick a WR with their second rounder? There's going to be some good ones sitting there at 39.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Tenn QB Tyler Bray drawing a buzz among scouts with big arm and release. I expect him to rise in the coming weeks: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ve-draft-stock

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Anyone think there's a chance the Jets pick a WR with their second rounder? There's going to be some good ones sitting there at 39.
    DeAndre Hopkins. I'm almost hoping for a tread down now in which we net another 2nd round pick. Still might get a good guard or olb in the mid to late 1st and then get a good wr and rb in the end perhaps.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to get Tavon Austin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I'd love to get Tavon Austin.
    I think Austin is going in the 1st round. Swope probably moved up with today's performance.

Robert Woods, maybe?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ziggy Ansah, Quinton Patton and Gio Benard

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows. Get through FA. All these mocks are pointless in Feb and March.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: La. Tech WR Quinton Patton ran 40 at #NFLCombine in Under Armour's Chameleon 40. Shoes changed color while he ran, were gold at start ...

@Gil_Brandt: Under Armour made just 24 pairs of Chameleon 40 shoes. They're not on market. Some DBs will wear them Tuesday at #NFLCombine.

@Gil_Brandt: Stanford RB Stefan Taylor (No. 31) about to run in Under Armour Chameleon 40 shoes. They go from gold to orange, green, blue, yellow, red.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Smith isn't a good prospect? What player could the Jets pick that could possibly improve the team as much as Geno Smith would? You think a guard or defensive end is turning this team around?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Smith isn't a good prospect? What player could the Jets pick that could possibly improve the team as much as Geno Smith would? You think a guard or defensive end is turning this team around?
    You think a QB is with a poor OL? Just one player isn't turning this team around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. I am not saying that. I am sure Smith or Patterson can become great players. But we need starters and we can't afford to miss with our top picks. If we get a solid football player with our top pick I will not complain if someone picked after them turns into an All Pro. We lack starters AND depth and need guys we can plug in.

Smith and the rest of the QBs are not worth the 9th pick IMO. This is a meat and potatoes draft in the first few rounds and should be treated as such. Not a lot of cakes and icing. Again this is JMHO. I am sure many will disagree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes. My guy Stepfan Taylor just ran a 4.78

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know I've been critical of Geno. I think it was a mistake that he didn't participate in the senior bowl.

With that said, if a coach is certain that they can get the escape routes to be cerebral in him, he'll be deadly. And I won't upset if we take Geno

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert Woods looked impressive catching the ball today. Really stood out to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Robert Woods looked impressive catching the ball today. Really stood out to me.
    Great value if they can get him in the 3rd. He's a perfect replacement for Holmes and would be perfect compliment to Hill and Kerley. I want him or Bailey in the 3rd pretty bad.

How bout Stephan Taylor running a 4.8? Ew.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    4.21!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Gil_Brandt: Stanford RB Stefan Taylor (No. 31) about to run in Under Armour Chameleon 40 shoes. They go from gold to orange, green, blue, yellow, red.
    Uh, I think the shoes are broken. Dude just ran slower than two OTs.