Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NFL Combine Thread, Saturday 2/23 - TE/OL/STs

@jetswhispers: "This is the best safety class I've seen in years." - Mike Mayock

@jetswhispers: FIU safety Jonathan Cyprien is rising up the charts. Great kid. Graduated in 3.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Uh, I think the shoes are broken. Dude just ran slower than two OTs.

LOL I think the shoes went from gold to red and all the way back down to gold again before he was done running

Still probably going to be a good back though,what did Arian Foster run?

@Gil_Brandt: Just walked out of stadium with Margus Hunt. Asked me how he could get back in. Wanted to grab shoes at hotel and come back to practice 40s.

@mortreport: Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

@mortreport: Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    LOL I think the shoes went from gold to red and all the way back down to gold again before he was done running

Still probably going to be a good back though,what did Arian Foster run?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @mortreport: Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

@mortreport: Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City
    Wow. That is a shame.

I asked you to name one successful RB in today's NFL who ran 4.7 -- you can't because he does not exist.

That is his timed speed, running on the same track as his peers. That's how fast he is. Maybe his game speed is a little faster, but not by much. On tape, he looks like a marginally athletic, well-rounded player with smarts... and you can get away with that in college. Not so much in the NFL.

If given the option of picking Molasses Taylor or a comparably skilled RB (Gillislee, Franklin, Barner, Jamison) with average to above-average speed, I'll take the faster guy every single time.

I mentioned OL players running faster just to offer some perspective on how slow Taylor ran. He was in the same class as men 8 inches taller and 100 pound heaver. That's terrible.
    Arian Foster

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Arian Foster
    And he didn't get selected the first two days. Not to memtion a majority of his production didn't come against PAC12 defenses

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Don't care that Taylor ran a 4.7

I still want this guy.
    You should; the Jets are slow enough as it is.

All Pro
    Arian Foster
    Foster ran 4.69, almost a tenth faster than Taylor with 4.76.

There are certain minimum physical requirements to be an NFL player. Can't have a 270 pound OG. Can't have a 4.8 RB either.

There are plenty of other talented players to choose from. I just don't need this guy. Let someone else take him.

There are certain minimum physical requirements to be an NFL player. Can't have a 270 pound OG. Can't have a 4.8 RB either.

There are plenty of other talented players to choose from. I just don't need this guy. Let someone else take him.

I broadly agree with you and I'm not a fan of Taylor anyway.I certainly have a bunch of other backs I'd rather draft but guys like Evan Royster and Alfred Morris are making successful NFL careers despite running dreadfully poorly at the combine.Even Shonn Grene ran a 4.62 and went top of Rd 3.

I really don't believe that .8 of a second makes that much of a difference,both are pretty slow

No question 4.76 is shocking and will affect his draft position but he still has a pro day to try to improve on that.Lots of guys have aberrations at the combine(Akeem Ayers comes to mind)

You said name a successful RB who ran a 4.7. I just did.

You were obviously wrong.

Let's be honest, we all know that Fosters success is owed to Kubiak's ZBS.

All Pro
    You said name a successful RB who ran a 4.7. I just did.

You were obviously wrong.
    Technically, I'm right. 4.69 is very very close but it's not 4.7 haha.

I just hope the Jets draft a running back who can really run. Taylor is too slow and he's not the right player for this team IMO. This team needs explosive players, not another 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 02-24-2013 at 06:37 PM.

4.8 is really too for a RB, unless your a FB.

Even Brandon Jacobs fatass ran a sub 4.6.

Hell, even the slower QBs can run that fast Jawalrus Russell ran a 4.8

Technically, I'm right. 4.69 is very very close but it's not 4.7 haha.

I just hope the Jets draft a running back who can really run. Taylor is too slow and he's not the right player for this team IMO. This team needs explosive players, not another 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy.
    I don't have an opinion on this player either way. Just saying that it isn't unprecedented for a 4.7 RB to succeed.

I like Powell, but agree that we need another legit back to compliment him.

That does matter for RBs. I would never draft a RB who ran slower than some OL players.

Name a successful NFL back who is this slow.
    Arian foster ran a 4.71 at his pro day.

All Pro
    Woods was the truth out there today. I want him.

Heard about Moore... 12 reps? Take him off the board.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Woods was the truth out there today. I want him.

Heard about Moore... 12 reps? Take him off the board.
    Yes. Woods is my under the radar guy this year.