Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine Thread, Saturday 2/23 - TE/OL/STs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy to see that our new OL coach Devlin is there working out the players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Mike Devlin coaching the Jets OL this yr. Always been a fan of him as a coach....he'll get 'em back to elite status

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL Media PR ‏@InsideNFLMedia
    Mike Mayock: Both OL Eric Fisher and OL Luke Joeckel are top five draft picks

And with Mayock saying Womack is the best player he's seen on tape that's 3 OL he has in the top 5..Altho that doesn't mean teams will pick that way

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Trent Willams tape was excellent! All I needed 2 see was the feet

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm beginning to think that both Warmack and Fisher will be gone by the time we pick.
    If the Joker, Jones, Fisher, Warmack, Geno, Millner, Patterson go before us, that lands the best pass rusher in our laps

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks to be a very deep and athletic OL class this year. The majority of
    them look and move like TE's

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Reese on Te'o: "We’ll bring him in + we’ll let him explain that situation for us...There’s people with a lot more issues than this issue."

More Reese on Te'o: "We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is ... These things get blown out of proportion a little bit."

Reese said it's possible to gather too much info from areas like social media. "You talk yourself out of some good players maybe," he said.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Reese on Te'o: "We’ll bring him in + we’ll let him explain that situation for us...There’s people with a lot more issues than this issue."
    I hope the Giants bring him in. He's awful against the run and against quality competition

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broad jump shows explosiveness in hips, which is key for OL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Wholly Crap!! OL Armstead just ran a 40 in 4.65 Dang!!

NFL Media PR ‏@InsideNFLMedia
    Mike Mayock: OL Terron Armstead's 4.65 40-yard dash (unofficial) is equivalent to a WR/RB running a 4.1 40-yard dash

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal . @Gil_Brandt said the difference between Terron Armstead and Bruce Campbell is that Armstead is a football player"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    Marcus Lattimore told me he'll start running striders Monday in Florida. Will be on running program but won't run 40s for time.

Extent of Marcus' program will be at discretion of Dr. James Andrews, who did Marcus' knee surgery in November. ...

Marcus' recovery will be just as remarkable as Adrian Peterson's since he's already walking without assistance, three months after surgery.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    Back to Terron Armstead. Also did 31 bench-press reps at #NFLCombine. Combined with 40 time, shows he's putting in work needed in NFL.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-23-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If these olineman are all being rated highly and go early it means we get a chance at one of the best olbs which is fine with me. Also it gives us traded down options if we so desire.

Warmack ran a pretty lousy 5.5

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    And?

40 times for OL are pretty much useless.

How often do you see 320 lb offensive lineman running 40 yards downfield?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If these olineman are all being rated highly and go early it means we get a chance at one of the best olbs which is fine with me. Also it gives us traded down options if we so desire.

He has a very long stride for a OG, not exactly a desirable trait.

That kid Watford not only ran a good 40, but he did so with a much more compact, quick stride. The 10 yard splits between the two weren't that big of a difference (.1), but the style of running matters more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

He blew away the standing long jump which is a better indicator of explosiveness. Top end 40 speed is pretty useless for O linemen, let alone a guard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The average 40 for a human is around 5.5 you think you can do better? As said he is a OL who cares. As long as he doesn't have a heart attack after running he can play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Mayock has said numerous times, if anything in the 40 yard dash actually matters re: the OL, it's in the first 10 yards, their burst off the L.O.S.

Still it's impressive to see guys run in the 4.6 and 4.7 range. Odd and impressive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

There also are a couple DTs (Floyd) who could sneak into the top 8 picks, which would be fantastic for the Jets. I suspect there will be at least 2 players available at 9 that every fan could live with. Going to be interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And?

40 times for OL are pretty much useless.

How often do you see 320 lb offensive lineman running 40 yards downfield?
    Only to a point. He is below average so far and if you are actually a pulling guard that needs to get to the next level it has some importance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    There also are a couple DTs (Floyd) who could sneak into the top 8 picks, which would be fantastic for the Jets. I suspect there will be at least 2 players available at 9 that every fan could live with. Going to be interesting.
    With the way Moore and Jones seem to be falling it seems as if the Jets will have their chose of OLB/DE hybrid at 9, minus one (Werner or Ansah). The first eight picks could easily see 2 OT's, 2 OG's, 2 DT's, a CB (Milliner) and a DE (Werner or Ansah) go. I'd love either Werner or Ansah.