Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine Thread, Saturday 2/23 - TE/OL/STs

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The average 40 for a human is around 5.5 you think you can do better? As said he is a OL who cares. As long as he doesn't have a heart attack after running he can play.
    LOL you didn't really try and justify a 40 by comparing it to an averag joe did you? Compare him to the other lineman and he ran pretty slow, if you are a pulling guard you need to be able to get out and get up field. If we were talking about some no name guard in this group, fine but people are talking about taking a guard top 10 if not top 5.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Only to a point. He is below average so far and if you are actually a pulling guard that needs to get to the next level it has some importance.
    Watch some of his tape and then come back and say he may have trouble getting to the next level. 90% of what occurs at the combine means nothing, watch his tape and watch him block. Guy is a flat out beast. I dont care if he ran 6.0 40.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And?

40 times for OL are pretty much useless.

How often do you see 320 lb offensive lineman running 40 yards downfield?
    Have you seen how many screens our new offense is going to run ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Watch some of his tape and then come back and say he may have trouble getting to the next level. 90% of what occurs at the combine means nothing, watch his tape and watch him block. Guy is a flat out beast. I dont care if he ran 6.0 40.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yes. And what does the 40 have to do with pulling. 40 is all vertical.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Have you seen how many screens our new offense is going to run ?
    Have you seen how many times Warmack was asked to pull at Alabama and not only did it very effectively, but took someones f*cking head off in the process?

I don't get wrapped up in what these guys do at the combine in workout drills in a pair of shorts. Especially when it comes to OL.

@espngolic: Watching OL run the 40 is the biggest waste of time, it means absolutely nothing. they should stop at 10 yards that's more realistic

@espngolic: Scouts have told me 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill RT @Lynn_B_: @espngolic what's the most effective drill for grading O linemen?
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    They showed tape of Warmack getting to the next level and adjusting to stunting DL. He excelled. He will play his entire career in a 5-10 yard box.

I hope some teams are stupid enough to be turned off by his 40 b.c it gives us a better chance to land a Pro Bowler!!!!!
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Does mayock think the 1st round has 40-50 picks? With each an every group he pumps up a ton of guys as being a late 1st round guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Does mayock think the 1st round has 40-50 picks? With each an every group he pumps up a ton of guys as being a late 1st round guy.
    Just because a player may have a certain grade, it doesnt mean they are all going in that particular round. If you look at rankings and grades, there are usually more players listed with a particular round grade than there is picks in that round. Not every player with a second round grade will go in the second round.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They showed tape of Warmack getting to the next level and adjusting to stunting DL. He excelled. He will play his entire career in a 5-10 yard box.

I hope some teams are stupid enough to be turned off by his 40 b.c it gives us a better chance to land a Pro Bowler!!!!!
    +1

Dude is a monster on the field

@TonyPauline: Must say to this point Eric Fisher out performing Luke Joeckel and Jon Cooper out performing Chance Warmack.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @TonyPauline: Must say to this point Eric Fisher out performing Luke Joeckel and Jon Cooper out performing Chance Warmack.
    Yet Joeckel will still be the #1 pick in the draft and Warmack will go off the board before Cooper.

The GM of the Eagles even said what these guys do in a pair of shorts at the combine is next to useless. He's more interested in the interviewing process and getting to know the players.

Tape don't lie, workout numbers do.

@Gil_Brandt: Official O-linemen 40 times in at #NFLCombine: Terron Armstead at 4.71 seconds, Lane Johnson at 4.72.

@ConorTOrr: Ziggy Ansah said he never watched football before BYU. Feels like he's coming around on the mental side now. #nyj

@ConorTOrr: Dion Jordan, pass rusher out of Oregon, will have shoulder surgery next week in Los Angeles. Another possible #jets target.

@ConorTOrr: Jordan said he's hearing from 3-4 teams, thinks that's the best fit for him. #nyj

@Gil_Brandt: Remember, keep an eye on Rice TE Vance McDonald in these tight end drills at #NFLCombine. Nineteen TEs scheduled to hit field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Dion Jordan, pass rusher out of Oregon, will have shoulder surgery next week in Los Angeles. Another possible #jets target.

@ConorTOrr: Jordan said he's hearing from 3-4 teams, thinks that's the best fit for him. #nyj
    I wasn't impressed with what, admittedly little, I've seen of him. He was just on the NFLN the other day and was talking about getting under an OL's pads as part of his game. McGinest was like "at 6'7", I don't think that's realistic." Neither do I.

Dion Jordan = Bryan Thomas 2.0

I'll pass

Like the way Te'o is handling this situation at this press conference.

Props to him