Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: People with guns again.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    People with guns again.

    This guy is a complete jackazz.



    This time, police said, Pilotti admitted that the older dog was not pursuing or even close to his sheep, but was trotting slowly toward him when he fired his shotgun at the dog's head. Directly behind the dog and in the line of fire was a house with residents inside - facts that spurred the endangerment charge.


    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...after_all.html

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,882
    Post Thanks / Like



  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. They will make an example of him and give him the max penalty.

    However, this is not a gun issue as the thread title would suggest. This is just an indictment on humanity.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good. They will make an example of him and give him the max penalty.

    However, this is not a gun issue as the thread title would suggest. This is just an indictment on humanity.
    Would this individual been able to commit this act without the shotgun?

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    However, this is not a gun issue as the thread title would suggest. This is just an indictment on humanity.
    Which gun incident in history has not been "an indictment on humanity," exactly?

    Gun issues are a derivative of the violence humans inflict on each other, which is a direct indictment of humanity.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Would this individual been able to commit this act without the shotgun?
    So you want to ban shotguns now?

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    FBI statistics show that far more people are killed each year with hammers and clubs than with rifles or shotguns. We as a society need to begin moving toward a world of Nerf-based objects. It's the only way.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So you want to ban shotguns now?
    No I want these idiots who posess guns to understand once you pull the trigger there's no bringing it back.

    Murdering dogs is cool.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop. This is the perfect example of a crazy person, no more a reason to ban guns than a stabbing in the home is a reason to ban streak knives. Making an argument like this gives legitimacy to the 'over-reacting liberal' accusation. Shotguns are not, and IMO should not, be banned. But crazy people are going to do crazy things, with or without guns. Within the bounds of the constitution, we can and should legitimately seek to minimize the damage they'll do.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Stop. This is the perfect example of a crazy person, no more a reason to ban guns than a stabbing in the home is a reason to ban streak knives. Making an argument like this gives legitimacy to the 'over-reacting liberal' accusation. Shotguns are not, and IMO should not, be banned. But crazy people are going to do crazy things, with or without guns. Within the bounds of the constitution, we can and should legitimately seek to minimize the damage they'll do.
    This guy wasn't crazy, he was 72 years old and had a job with Fed Ex, this guy is an murdering idiot.

    He first lied to the police and then finally told the truth. That isn't crazy person, that's an idiot who killed those dogs because he had a weapon to do so.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    I blame the dog owners. Just the act of the dogs being in the same fenced area should give the farmer the right to shoot them. That's the law In Oregon. You shouldn't need to wait for the dog/coyote/wolf/cougar/etc. to attack your live stock before you put them down.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I blame the dog owners. Just the act of the dogs being in the same fenced area should give the farmer the right to shoot them. That's the law In Oregon. You shouldn't need to wait for the dog/coyote/wolf/cougar/etc. to attack your live stock before you put them down.
    Read the article and you will see PA has the same laws as Oregon.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    So take away guns from everyone because one psycho goes crazy!

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Would this individual been able to commit this act without the shotgun?
    No he wouldn't have but unless you can confiscate 100% of the firearms this is a useless debate.

    You would be hard pressed to find a bigger dog lover than me but banning guns wont prevent this. People will always be cruel. I hope this scumbag gets cancer in his eyes but unless we take away free will (which is where we are basically heading) things like this are going to happen.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No he wouldn't have but unless you can confiscate 100% of the firearms this is a useless debate.

    You would be hard pressed to find a bigger dog lover than me but banning guns wont prevent this. People will always be cruel. I hope this scumbag gets cancer in his eyes but unless we take away free will (which is where we are basically heading) things like this are going to happen.
    Where have I argued banning all guns? Something needs to change when it comes to ownership. There are some good state regulations out there geared to making sure there are responsible gun owners. Most gun owners "think" they understand laws that they should absolutely "know".

    This guy thought he could get away with it and I am willing to bet he thought he understood the laws.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post


    Hey, cr, you realize your buddy Joe Biden advocates people having SHOTGUNS as their weapon of defense. Right?
    Despite the fact that more people are killed by shotguns in this country than assault rifles.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I blame the dog owners. Just the act of the dogs being in the same fenced area should give the farmer the right to shoot them. That's the law In Oregon. You shouldn't need to wait for the dog/coyote/wolf/cougar/etc. to attack your live stock before you put them down.
    You don't think you're stretching it lumping a domesticated dog in with a wolf or cougar? In rural areas it's not always practical or advisable to completely contain your dog(s). Farm dogs often serve as security and perform work, as well as being companions.

    I do not believe there is any justification for shooting a domesticated animal that is not presently threatening you or your property.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Hey, cr, you realize your buddy Joe Biden advocates people having SHOTGUNS as their weapon of defense. Right?
    Despite the fact that more people are killed by shotguns in this country than assault rifles.
    It's more about the idiots firing the guns.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Would this individual been able to commit this act without the shotgun?
    Could he have killed a dog without a gun? He sure could have.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Could he have killed a dog without a gun? He sure could have.
    But he didn't did he? Guns are a lot like the Internet, both making people feel tougher than they are, god forbid they would actually get their hands dirty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us