Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miles Austin to Possibly Be Released by End of Week

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    He is always hurt!!!
    +1000000
    Guys hamstrings are always popped

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters Dallas has no plans to release WR Miles Austin but indicated his contract could be renegotiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    The Jets can get some guys to restructure so that'll help the situation and allow the signing of players.
    But for what purpose? The jets are not going to compete this year, it will be the case if you add 3 guys of Austin's talent. Don't you understand the reason the jets have no cap room is that they got "some guys to restructure" in the past.

You "can" rework a contract or two to get a piece that would put you over a hump or keep a long term player on the team. But Austin is neither, 2 years from now when the jets have dug them selves out of this mess, is when players
    like Austin are added. The jets need to maintain maximum cap flexibility in 2014.
    The goal should not be to win one or two more games next year, but to win a division in 2-3 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    when was the last time Austin played a full season without getting hurt???? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    Per Adam Schefter

He just announced on NFL Network, at the NFL Combine, that the Dallas Cowboys will possibly release Miles Austin to free up cap space.

Should we take a chance on a receiver like this? Dude seems to be a team player, i would take a shot on him if the price was right.

Hall Of Fame
    Just how do you know that the Jets will not compete this year????? You work for the Jets? You have a crystal ball? Its really idiotic when I see posters saying the Jets will not compete in 2013....you think Ryan, the new GM and the players are already thinking that 2013 will be a wasted season? If I thought like some of you I would not even watch football. Some of you think you are experts....guess what? you are not. Mike Mayock gets alot wrong when it comes to players as does other so called experts. This is a new season...new system and it should be an upgrade in talent. To say in Feb that a team will not compete is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    But for what purpose? The jets are not going to compete this year, it will be the case if you add 3 guys of Austin's talent. Don't you understand the reason the jets have no cap room is that they got "some guys to restructure" in the past.

You "can" rework a contract or two to get a piece that would put you over a hump or keep a long term player on the team. But Austin is neither, 2 years from now when the jets have dug them selves out of this mess, is when players
    like Austin are added. The jets need to maintain maximum cap flexibility in 2014.
    The goal should not be to win one or two more games next year, but to win a division in 2-3 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Restructuring a bunch of contracts and trying to build this team through FA is a big part of the reason we're in this mess.

Stop chasing these "names" and build through the draft for f*ck sake.
    Why don't most Jets fans understand this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Just how do you know that the Jets will not compete this year????? You work for the Jets? You have a crystal ball? Its really idiotic when I see posters saying the Jets will not compete in 2013
    Seriously freak? Other than drinking the green kool aid, what makes you think the Jets can possibly compete in 2013?

They are coming off a 6-10 season, have the worst starting QB in the league and one of the least talented 53-man rosters in the entire NFL.

If the Jets can somehow pull out 4-6 wins, it would be a good season.

Just how do you know that the Jets will not compete this year????? You work for the Jets? You have a crystal ball? Its really idiotic when I see posters saying the Jets will not compete in 2013....you think Ryan, the new GM and the players are already thinking that 2013 will be a wasted season? If I thought like some of you I would not even watch football. Some of you think you are experts....guess what? you are not. Mike Mayock gets alot wrong when it comes to players as does other so called experts. This is a new season...new system and it should be an upgrade in talent. To say in Feb that a team will not compete is nuts.
    Exactly. In the nfl, teams can turn things around overnight. This jets team with off the field drama, injuries to key players, no qb, and no wrs managed to be in the playoff hunt for much of last year. If the jets get healthy, get average qb play and catch a couple of breaks could easily make the playoffs this year.
    With that said the jets shouldn't and won't mortgage the future to succeed thus year. Just make small moves and hope that they hit on a couple of draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Which part of "we have no money" do you people not understand?
    U know not saying you are right or wrong but how can you be so convinced u know what the hell the 'money' is going to look like this offseason? Seems silly to make douche comments on something you have no clue about.

Hall Of Fame
    Fvck Miles Austin. Tavon Austin is where it's at. Kid just ran a 4.25 at the combine.

Hall Of Fame
    I def agree with you there....Austin gave players fits when he was at West Virginia....he would be a great fit in the WCO.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fvck Miles Austin. Tavon Austin is where it's at. Kid just ran a 4.25 at the combine.

Hall Of Fame
    He kind of reminds me of Deshawn Jackson when he was at Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I know the jags won;t compete also. You want your team to act as if they are contenders in FA this off season, great, load more years onto Harris, mangold and Dbrick so that in 2-3 years when there past thier peak like Pace and Scott were this year your still paying them 10 mill. Yes the jets "may" compete, but do you want to make long term decisions on the likelihood of them competing or the likelihood of it taking two years.

To mortgage future cap flexibilty to sign borderline FA is stupid. To think the jets can compete at this time is whats nuts

Exclamation

You stole my thunder! lol with the way teams can turn their fortunes around from one year to the next ie: the Colts, so can the Jets or any other team and in the case of the Colts it took just 1 player to make a world of difference. I guess it's the lackluster performance and the bleak outlook for this upcoming season that makes me think that way? who knows, time will tell but anything can happen.

Banned
    You stole my thunder! lol with the way teams can turn their fortunes around from one year to the next ie: the Colts, so can the Jets or any other team and in the case of the Colts it took just 1 player to make a world of difference. I guess it's the lackluster performance and the bleak outlook for this upcoming season that makes me think that way? who knows, time will tell but anything can happen.
    When did the Jets sign a QB that is as talented as Andrew Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When did the Jets sign a QB that is as talented as Andrew Luck?
    Effing TROLLS!

Yes once every ten years a player comes around that can carry a team on his back. and it is wonderful for fans to hope that this year their team can find someone like that. It is that kind of wishful thinking that give fans hope every year. But you don't make FA moves that you know will inhibit your very real chance of success down the road because of this wishful thinking this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes once every ten years a player comes around that can carry a team on his back. and it is wonderful for fans to hope that this year their team can find someone like that. It is that kind of wishful thinking that give fans hope every year. But you don't make FA moves that you know will inhibit your very real chance of success down the road because of this wishful thinking this year.
    Dolphins 2007 1-11
    Dolphins 2008 11-5

can't afford him

Veteran
    The Cowboys are keeping him anyway.