Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miles Austin to Possibly Be Released by End of Week

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes once every ten years a player comes around that can carry a team on his back. and it is wonderful for fans to hope that this year their team can find someone like that. It is that kind of wishful thinking that give fans hope every year. But you don't make FA moves that you know will inhibit your very real chance of success down the road because of this wishful thinking this year.
    So Chad was that special player that won the east for the Fins in 2008?? And Vinny was that guy in 98??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Dolphins 2007 1-11
    Dolphins 2008 11-5
    yes, it can happen, the possibility of it is there. but do you want to bet your future cap flexibilty on signing FA this year. You do apparently. I don't

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, it can happen, the possibility of it is there. but do you want to bet your future cap flexibilty on signing FA this year. You do apparently. I don't
    And if we had Brady we wouldn't either..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So Chad was that special player that won the east for the Fins in 2008?? And Vinny was that guy in 98??
    Then go and spend, redo everybodys deal. go for it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And if we had Brady we wouldn't either..
    I don't know what you mean by that, but I dont think the pats should pay welker talib or Volmer either this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what you mean by that, but I dont think the pats should pay welker talib or Volmer either this year.
    It seems no matter who Brady throws to they become a better player..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    U know not saying you are right or wrong but how can you be so convinced u know what the hell the 'money' is going to look like this offseason? Seems silly to make douche comments on something you have no clue about.
    This isn't rocket science.

Even after cutting guys like Pace, Bart, and the Smith boys, we're still only a little over $5 million under the cap. Basically enough to sign our rookie draft class.

We aren't making any silly ass moves for an overpriced receiver who seems to pop a hamstring everytime he steps on a football field.

That dumbass Tanny is gone. Idzik has made it crystal clear that this team is building through the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that what the dolphins did to turn it around from 1-15 to 11-5? I don't think they did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Effing TROLLS!
    How is that trolling? Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Dog **** >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>> Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that what the dolphins did to turn it around from 1-15 to 11-5? I don't think they did.
    And what happened the next year, they caught lightning in a bottle, the team did not "change" everything broke just right for them one year and Brady went on IR for the year. Then they reverted back to what they were- a 7-9 team.

And the 2008 dolphins did not lose 12 starters from from the 2007 team and only had 5 mill of cap room

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    How is that trolling? Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Dog **** >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>> Sanchez.

How could you take my response and try to spin it as me making a comparison of Sanchez and Luck?

You aren't very bright.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what happened the next year, they caught lightning in a bottle, the team did not "change" everything broke just right for them one year and Brady went on IR for the year. Then they reverted back to what they were- a 7-9 team.

And the 2008 dolphins did not lose 12 starters from from the 2007 team and only had 5 mill of cap room
    So what happened the next year negates what happened the year before? You can't have it both ways

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats will tag either Vollmer or Tilib, depending on Dennard's sentence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

How could you take my response and try to spin it as me making a comparison of Sanchez and Luck?

You aren't very bright.
    Then how was my response considered trolling?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then how was my response considered trolling?
    Check mate, rah rah. Game over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Tone coming back from injury
    2. Hill will have a year of experience under his belt
    3. Jets are probably going to resign Edwards to a 1 yr deal
    4. Kerley will go back to slot
    5. If Jets don't sign Keller they will get Fasano at a cheaper price

No need to make a splashy move at WR right now. I really think Hill is going to break out next season btdubs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what happened the next year negates what happened the year before? You can't have it both ways
    no i am not. I am pointing it out as an aberration. To the premise that a team with as many needs as the jets should not take the short range outlook of signing mid level FA at the expense of cap flexibility in the future. Whether once in a while a team is the benefit of circumstance and turns around a program in a year is irrelevant. To make personnel decisions on the hope that everything works out to the best possible conclusion is foolish. Just because a team once in while defies the odds and can turn around a program in one year (which the fins did not, just a one year aberration) it is not a business model to that one can emulate.

It is ok for the fans to be optimistic, go ahead and bet $100. But it is foolish for teams to do so.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Miles is a Jersey guy if I'm not mistaken?
    Garfield

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    Per Adam Schefter

He just announced on NFL Network, at the NFL Combine, that the Dallas Cowboys will possibly release Miles Austin to free up cap space.

Should we take a chance on a receiver like this? Dude seems to be a team player, i would take a shot on him if the price was right.
    I don't know if we could afford him. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets tried to find a way to make it work. The owner seems to like to find ways to sell tickets and Austin played at Monmouth University.

He took Kyle Wilson and Muhammed Wilkerson also who were both locals.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

uh, oh, oh - ok fred....

I know the jags won;t compete also. You want your team to act as if they are contenders in FA this off season, great, load more years onto Harris, mangold and Dbrick so that in 2-3 years when there past thier peak like Pace and Scott were this year your still paying them 10 mill. Yes the jets "may" compete, but do you want to make long term decisions on the likelihood of them competing or the likelihood of it taking two years.

To mortgage future cap flexibilty to sign borderline FA is stupid. To think the jets can compete at this time is whats nuts

So last year when we were a total shambles we almost beat the pats in foxborough, and stayed in the playoff hunt late into the season, but now we are nuts to think they have a shot to beat anybody next year?

I get your opinion that you don't think they will be good next year, but to suggest we are nuts for thinking there is a chance? Really? Anybody think seattle would be good this year? The list goes on and on. We may be "nuts", but to say a team has no chance in feb for a season that starts in 7 months later in sept is completely REATARDED. Yes, retarded. Full retard.