Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Oline studs and duds

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Oline studs and duds

Overall thought Barker looked great out there for a guy who wasn't on any top 5's. He and Armstead, and Becton looked really good in all the positional drills.

Thought most of the high rated tackles looked the part, except Fluker - who i know wasn't expected to test great, but still. Looked sloppy. Too sloppy.

Loved (value vs talent)
    Barker - just great. Loved everything from him. Gonna be a steal.
    Warmack - as someone said, everything just looked natural. Def not a tackle.
    Cooper - I wouldn't be upset if we took him at all.
    Armstead - not just speed, he looked awesome in the kick-slide drill.
    Herman - showed enough fundamentals to excuse his t-rex arms.
    Becton - liked good overall for 6'5 320+
    Foketi - looked really comfortable and moved well.
    Painter - Physically he looked liked a beast, but I don't know if it translates.

-Wasn't blown away by Warford (at all), Bailey looked OK I guess.
    -Long will be drafted as a tackle my guess is. Meh. Shades of Kyle Turley i suppose.

Also, that center out of WV, Joe Madsen. Sign me up. He'd make a great 2nd string guy to develop.
    Last edited by Paradis; 02-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Overall thought Barker looked great out there for a guy who wasn't on any top 5's. He and Armstead, and Becton looked really good in all the positional drills.

Thought most of the high rated tackles looked the part, except Fluker - who i know wasn't expected to test great, but still. Looked sloppy. Too sloppy.

Loved (value vs talent)
    Fuketi - looked really comfortable and moved well.
    Painter - Physically he looked liked a beast, but I don't know if it translates.

-Long will be drafted as a tackle my guess is. Meh. Shades of Kyle Turley i suppose.

Also, that center out of WV, Joe Madsen. Sign me up. He'd make a great 2nd string guy to develop.
    Eric Fisher will be the top tackle prospect and not Luke Joeckel by the time the draft rolls around. Either team gets either one of them going to have their Lt for the next decade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved (value vs talent)
    Fuketi - looked really comfortable and moved well.

I think Fluker is a RT/G at the next level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, that's what he's being billed as (RT). I'm not saying he's going to bust, but I heard 1st round on his name a couple times and I don't know if i see it. I guess we'll see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Foketi IMO will get the most bump, I can see him going in the 3rd

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think Fluker is a RT/G at the next level.
    Yep

Reminds me a bit of Phil Loadholt.

A bit clumsy with his footwork but has the size and strength at the point to manhandle guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fisher, Warmack, Joeckel and Cooper are clearly the best of the bunch IMO. In that order. Not much separating any of them.

I am also intrigued by the Tackle from Florida State, Menelik Watson. Hasn't played a lot of football but he is a great specimen. Kyle Long looked good too. Can't ignore the pedigree.

I am down on Warford. I think he had the worst body of the bunch (top guys). This entire OL class is incredibly well put together. He was jiggling a bit and it stood out.

Fluker is not going to look good doing drills. He is never going to be a dancer. But when you put on pads he plays well. And those long arms help out the bad feet. I agree that he might end up being swing RT/G.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-23-2013 at 05:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Foketi IMO will get the most bump, I can see him going in the 3rd
    I like this kid a ton but as a LG. I think u can start him at LG and not worry about the position for awhile. Problem is i don't think it will be thiis yr, but next year in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earl Watford. Good upper body and very quick feet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    these combine warriors scare me...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yep

Reminds me a bit of Phil Loadholt.

A bit clumsy with his footwork but has the size and strength at the point to manhandle guys.
    Not exactly clumsy

He has very heavy hands... unfortunately he comes with heavy feet too

Right tackle at the next level. 2-4 rounder but he can start for 10+ years if he gets used to an NFL work out regimen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fisher, Warmack, Joeckel and Cooper are clearly the best of the bunch IMO. In that order. Not much separating any of them.

I am also intrigued by the Tackle from Florida State, Menelik Watson. Hasn't played a lot of football but he is a great specimen. Kyle Long looked good too. Can't ignore the pedigree.

I am down on Warford. I think he had the worst body of the bunch (top guys). This entire OL class is incredibly well put together. He was jiggling a bit and it stood out.

Fluker is not going to look good doing drills. He is never going to be a dancer. But when you put on pads he plays well. And those long arms help out the bad feet. I agree that he might end up being swing RT/G.
    There was definitely enough quality on display that I don't think we need feel pressured to address the 'oline with our first or second round pick. If the player meets the value of the pick, great. If not, this draft is deeep in that area.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you not put Lane Johnson in with that group of top Olineman. He might eventually be the best LT to come out of this draft. AT worse he has to fourth best Olineman in this draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was definitely enough quality on display that I don't think we need feel pressured to address the 'oline with our first or second round pick. If the player meets the value of the pick, great. If not, this draft is deeep in that area.
    This is very good news for the Jets. There's absolutley no need to pick Warmack or any other guard for that matter with the #9 pick, not with so many needs elesewhere

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Vince Wilfork jiggles too?
    Would you take him on your team?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I like this kid a ton but as a LG. I think u can start him at LG and not worry about the position for awhile. Problem is i don't think it will be thiis yr, but next year in 2014.
    But the jets are not building for next year anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    these combine warriors scare me...
    You look at the film, just like what the guys on tv say, all the combind does is either validate what you seen on the film or make you want to take a 2nd look.
    Besides Al Davis most FO don't pit much stock in player evaluation based on combine performances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You look at the film, just like what the guys on tv say, all the combind does is either validate what you seen on the film or make you want to take a 2nd look.
    Besides Al Davis most FO don't pit much stock in player evaluation based on combine performances.
    That the stupid thing I ever heard. See Stephen Hill , D Poe and many other players who elevated their draft stock by having a great combine. That like saying the patriots can't win a championship without videotaping/cheating.