Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Promo letter from Woody........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    In all fairness..sOme of us have been watching this nightmare since the 70s. I think Dan is one of them.
    So you've earned the right to be a pissy, whiney little girl?

Congrats!! WooooHoooo Happy for you

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    So you've earned the right to be a pissy, whiney little girl?

Congrats!! WooooHoooo Happy for you
    Mediocrity becomes you....
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 02-23-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Exclamation

His sig looks like WOO DY lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    1. You don't know that.

2. Who the hell cares? What they say or dont say isn't the point. It just a interactive conference call that allows fans to ask their own questions and get a response. There is literally nothing wrong with that. You don't like it for whatever reason? Fine then, don't join in. But to whine about this and make it out to be some circus event that it clearly isn't is just obnoxious. This conference call literally has zero impact on our season.

Signing players like Tebow for headlines is a joke. Giving espn unlimited access to training camp just because you have Tebow is a joke. B*tch about that if thats what you want to do with your life. But holding a conference call for season tickets holders is NOT even close to being a "joke" of an event and complaining about it is just silly.

AMEN!!!!!

Sometimes I wish these b!tching S.O.P.S. would just clam up on their petulant misery. They are malcontents. They think they're the ONLY ones who had to witness incompetence on & off the field with this team over the years.

what are you gonna do? If it weren't for the internet, they'd be yelling atop a box in the parking lot foaming at the mouth to air their grievances.

Veteran
    LMAO!!!!! When the JETS play the Panthers..you got to come down.

We'd laugh our arses off.

WOODY is a joke. The biggest attention whoring monger .....perhaps only equaled by Jerry Jones.
    With all due respect...you sound like a spurned 13 year old girl

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    What has Woody done to earn the type of respect an owner like Giants, Pats etc?

Woody is very much Jerry Jones and our record shows it.

You like mediocrity? All due respect you behave like a mets fan.

All Pro
    What has Woody done to earn the type of respect an owner like Giants, Pats etc?

Woody is very much Jerry Jones and our record shows it.

You like mediocrity? All due respect you behave like a mets fan.

This line of thinking is to say the least, confusing.

Are we foot soldiers in a gridiron Cosa Nostra that have to pay tribute and swear loyalty to a capo, the owner of our favorite team?

What does Woody have to do exactly to earn anyone's respect? Win the SB?

Southpark knows more about football than most on this board. One of the best posters and to disrespect him just shows how far this board has gotten away from intelligent football talk.

Its the same small group on this board that keeps defending every moronic move the JETS make that continue to make fans look like laughing stocks. These fans just dont seem to care that the JETS appear to have no substance, no integrity.

BTW, this letter from Woody about a conference call is just another example of deflecting the incompetence. Just another silly gimmick. Its all the JETS are.

Winners dont conduct themselves like Woody Johnson and HIS JETS

Everything Woody Johnson turns turns to $hit

1) Favre
    2) Tebow
    3) NY Stadium
    4) Romney more important than the JETS
    5) Honorary Captain John Cena (Patriot Fan)

Pathetic joke, an embarrassment

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Southpark knows more about football than most on this board. One of the best posters and to disrespect him just shows how far this board has gotten away from intelligent football talk.

Its the same small group on this board that keeps defending every moronic move the JETS make that continue to make fans look like laughing stocks. These fans just dont seem to care that the JETS appear to have no substance, no integrity.

BTW, this letter from Woody about a conference call is just another example of deflecting the incompetence. Just another silly gimmick. Its all the JETS are.

Winners dont conduct themselves like Woody Johnson and HIS JETS

Everything Woody Johnson turns turns to $hit

1) Favre
    2) Tebow
    3) NY Stadium
    4) Romney more important than the JETS
    5) Honorary Captain John Cena (Patriot Fan)

Pathetic joke, an embarrassment
    Now that is spurned

Woody's signature looks like what the lost Roanoke Island settlers carved into that tree.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    not the 70's., but close. went to my first game in 83 at shea. im sick and tired of this losing franchise. ive seen nothing but failure from this organization. its never going to change.
    Yep I've been a Jet fan since 1980 and this same tired act is starting to wear very thin on me!Will this team ever have a competent Owner,HC,and GM at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Yep I've been a Jet fan since 1980 and this same tired act is starting to wear very thin on me!Will this team ever have a competent Owner,HC,and GM at the same time?
    I believe everything starts and ends at ownership. Bad ownership = bad francnhise. In my lifetime, the Jets have had 3 owners. Sonny Werblin, Leon Hess, and Woody. Werblin was tremendous. The SB champion Jets were a far better team than people give them credit for. It was not a "miracle" win, the talent on the team was exceptional. So Werblin was obviously beyond competent. Sadly, the jealousy among the ownership group led to Werblin being forced out and Hess took over eventually buying out all of the others in the group.

Hess was a NIGHTMARE of an owner. He was prone to knee-jerk reactions and was clueless as to what it took to build a great franchise. His failures are compounded by the fact that he fired Walt Michaels after an AFCCG loss in the mudbowl to Shula's (that cheating SOB) dolphins, when the team was poised for a strong run and Michaels had demonstrated great talent for building through the draft. Hess's errors are just too numerous to mention here, and while I have no desire to dance on his grave, his passing was the best thing to happen to this franchise in the past 40 years.

Woody has led the Jets during a period of unprecedented continued success. Have there been down years? Certainly. But the Jets had down "decades", under Hess, and every franchise has down years unless they have a true franchise QB. What has been so terrible about Woody's performance? Oh yeah, the Jets have failed to draft a franchise QB. Robert Kraft is often held up as a model owner, but the only difference between Woody and Kraft is that the Pats decided to draft Brady with a 6th round pick. Woody has kept the franchise moving forward. Have their been hiccups? Yes. As they say, if you want to make an omelette, you've got to break some eggs. And for those who think Woody is a terrible owner, that sucks for you. As an Old Football GM once said, Coaches coach, General Managers manage, and Owners own. He's not going anywhere, and personally, I give him a passing grade. He is willing to spend money, let's people do their jobs, does not fire people on a whim, and conducted a thorough and exhaustive job search for a new GM.

I'm clueless as to problems people have with Woody on the football side his ownership. I'm not really sure what he has done that is so terrible he would be labeled as incompetent. Contrary to what people "speculate" Mike T, confirmed that he was the ultimate decision maker on personnel. So, don't give me this garbage about Woody demanding the trade for Tebow.

Whenever I see Jets fans complaining just for the sake of complaining, I am always reminded of this scene and imagine them as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Witz View Post
    Whenever I see Jets fans complaining just for the sake of complaining, I am always reminded of this scene and imagine them as this guy:

Yes, because if there is any fan base that has no real reasons to complain, it's us Jet fans. How long have you followed this team? SMH.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

This line of thinking is to say the least, confusing.

Are we foot soldiers in a gridiron Cosa Nostra that have to pay tribute and swear loyalty to a capo, the owner of our favorite team?

What does Woody have to do exactly to earn anyone's respect? Win the SB?
    Disagree..... Woody has yet to have the ability to bring in the men to manage a team the was aSB team is managed. He runs the team poorly or more poorly than teams that win IMO. It's that simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now that is spurned
    Detroit would love a fan like you......

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Yes, because if there is any fan base that has no real reasons to complain, it's us Jet fans. How long have you followed this team? SMH.
    Context. Learn it. Love it.

So being invited to a participate in a Jets presser is reason to complain? Seriously?

To answer your question - 34 years. What do I win (and what does that really have to do with this at all)?

Disagree..... Woody has yet to have the ability to bring in the men to manage a team the was aSB team is managed. He runs the team poorly or more poorly than teams that win IMO. It's that simple.
    He is becoming more and more like Jerry Jones. Only difference is Jones won a couple Super Bowls before he drove the Cowboys into the ground.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    He is becoming more and more like Jerry Jones. Only difference is Jones won a couple Super Bowls before he drove the Cowboys into the ground.
    Careful.....the few and the proud are gonna call you a SOJF.

Veteran
    Detroit would love a fan like you......
    Why, because I don't share your menapausal whining about everything? Are jet fans like you that can't wait for a reason to complain about everything under the sun the way it has to be? Seems odd but stay spurned if it makes you feel better