Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gino Smith perhaps!!!

Gino Smith perhaps!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

I think that the Jets are a good QB from being a playoff team and a great QB away from being a Superbowl contender. There are two QB's that I feel can be great in this QB class. 1) Gino Smith 2) Mike Glennon

The video above was put together by a Chiefs Fan in an effort to have the Chiefs draft Gino at #1 overall.

Veteran
    *GENO

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

I think that the Jets are a good QB from being a playoff team and a great QB away from being a Superbowl contender. There are two QB's that I feel can be great in this QB class. 1) Gino Smith 2) Mike Glennon

The video above was put together by a Chiefs Fan in an effort to have the Chiefs draft Gino at #1 overall.
    IMO...neither will be a top NFL QB.

Mike Glennon ? really. I live just outside of Raleigh and have seen this kid play many games. He is not an NFL Qb plain and simple. KennyO moved better and Sanchez is more accurate. If this kid is a 1st rounder someone should be fired on the team that picks him there. No Qb this year. Next year. This year OL and OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Mike Glennon ? really. I live just outside of Raleigh and have seen this kid play many games. He is not an NFL Qb plain and simple. KennyO moved better and Sanchez is more accurate. If this kid is a 1st rounder someone should be fired on the team that picks him there. No Qb this year. Next year. This year OL and OLB.
    The Glennon Lovers don't care. YOU and I saw him week in, week out.

He is a back up..will be in the league a few years, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Mike Glennon does not have any talent at NC State to throw to.

I think he will be very good like in the Drew Bledsoe/Joe Flacco mold.

Glennon threw over 500 passes and only had 17 ints and he threw for 4000 yards which is unheard of in CFB.

Glennon threw over 500 passes and only had 17 ints and he threw for 4000 yards which is unheard of in CFB.
    He is closer to Clemens than Flacco.

I watched him every week for 2 years. he has a deer in the headlights weakness when pressure is on.

Veteran
    I will flying round house kick my tv off the wall if they pick Vince young 2.0!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i only bothered to watch the first third of the video ... but it seemed well put together & smith certainly made some nice throws ...

... i'm hearing back end of first round is where he belongs with a reasonable chance of kc/buff/us/& a couple others reaching in the early first for him at qb ...

... i prefer OLB at that spot ... but his stats for the season are pretty d*mn impressive ...

2012 season 369 of 518 for 4205yds 71.2 comp% 42td 6int 163.9 rating

... and game breakdown ...

bowlgame 19 of 28 for 201yds, 67.9 comp% 2td 0int 2sack 151.7rating

during his teams losing streak his worst game he still had a 101 qb rating

the espn link to all his stats is here:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...025/geno-smith

edit - might be from the same chiefs fan, but here was a good breakdown on him

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...iefs-no-1-pick

ljr
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 02-23-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    during his teams losing streak his worst game he still had a 101 qb rating
    You do know that Pro and College QB ratings are calculated differently, right?

A 101 QB rating in college is terrible.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You do know that Pro and College QB ratings are calculated differently, right?

A 101 QB rating in college is terrible.
    Did not know calculated diff but the numbers are far from terrible

10/20 Kansas State 21 of 32 for 143 yds 65.6 comp % 1td 2int 101.0 rating

Ljr

All Pro
    Does it matter to anyone but me that in order to get into WVU you only need to be able know your colors?

He threw a lot of balls to his Rb. He comes up small in big spots. This guy is nothing like Flacco or Bledsoe. Not even close. Closer to a Jason Garrett but taller. Career clip boarder not worthy of a first round pick. He should go from late 2nd, at the earliest, to middle 4th. He is a project for an NFL Qb at this stage.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Does it matter to anyone but me that in order to get into WVU you only need to be able know your colors?
    Every school has different admission standards for athletes vs. regular students. Most schools follow the minimum NCAA academic standards.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... only if other measurable for intelligence / football iq show a pattern of there being an issue ...

ljr

Man ... I wish there were at least two more threads about this overrated QB.

He threw 6 ints in like 500+ passes... What make you think he is unintelligent?

If he drops the jets will select him in a matter of seconds. This guy is taylor made for a west coast offense.

I wouldn't reach for any of the QBs this year. We have too many other holes to gamble in the first round.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Marty, been there done that.