Thread: Conner Vernon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Conner Vernon

This dude isn't dropping anything at the combine ... Excellent hands and some decent size. What round is he expected to go in ?
    Last edited by Dunnie; 02-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. But I think some of these guys are going to go much earlier than they should b.c teams have needs.

As a whole I do not like this crop of WRs. There are a couple of guys who I think will make excellent slot WRs. Wouldn't mind taking one in the 4th if they are there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This dude isn't dropping anything at the combine ... Excellent hands and some decent size. What round is he expected to go in ?
    The Draft tracker has him going in the 5th or 6th rd..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Draft tracker has him going in the 5th or 6th rd..
    Thanks dude... I'm guessing the knock on him is speed.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    we shoul draft Ryan Swope. HE WILL WIND UP ON THE pats though

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Decker II
    Guy has great hands, Mayock was saying he uses his body well in traffic to get separation.
    Sleeper!
    With the new rules in the NFL regarding defenseless receivers, guys that were a tad slower now can make up for that with smarts, body control & catching everything in site.
    It's a new world in an NFL secondary, a lot more room to work & a lot more places to roam where before you would get your head taken off, can't hit guys like that anymore.
    Changes things a lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Eric Decker II
    Guy has great hands, Mayock was saying he uses his body well in traffic to get separation.
    Sleeper!
    With the new rules in the NFL regarding defenseless receivers, guys that were a tad slower now can make up for that with smarts, body control & catching everything in site.
    It's a new world in an NFL secondary, a lot more room to work & a lot more places to roam where before you would get your head taken off, can't hit guys like that anymore.
    Changes things a lot.
    I'd take this kid as early as rd 4. Be an awesome pick ... No drop guy is what we need.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take this kid as early as rd 4. Be an awesome pick ... No drop guy is what we need.
    He us more than just a no drop guy. He finds a way to get open and takes no plays off. He will be a steal if taken in the 4th or later.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's solid, not spectacular, but I like the Eric Decker comparison someone made before as that is who I was thinking of earlier today ... and he's white. He'd be a folk hero in New York or New England.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Decker is 6'3'' 220 and runs in the 4.5 range, the only similarity between him and Vernon is their skin color. A white WR comparison that is more apt is Brandon Stokely. Just knows how to get open and catches everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Eric Decker is 6'3'' 220 and runs in the 4.5 range, the only similarity between him and Vernon is their skin color. A white WR comparison that is more apt is Brandon Stokely. Just knows how to get open and catches everything.
    Erik Decker ran a 4.56 when he came out in 2010.
    This Vernon ran the same.
    Vernons 201 will probably be a 205-210 type when he grows up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Erik Decker ran a 4.56 when he came out in 2010.
    This Vernon ran the same.
    Vernons 201 will probably be a 205-210 type when he grows up.
    Vernon is 196 and ran a 4.68. Vernon is strictly a slot WR at the next level, he and Decker are nothing alike.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Vernon is 196 and ran a 4.68. Vernon is strictly a slot WR at the next level, he and Decker are nothing alike.
    The only thing that separates the two is that Vernon is a tad shorter. He's not 5'8 here. He can and will be an outside guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The only thing that separates the two is that Vernon is a tad shorter. He's not 5'8 here. He can and will be an outside guy.
    A tad? 3 inches is not a tad. Their speed also separates them quite considerably, as does their vertical. There was a reason Decker was a 2nd round prospect(went in the third due to an injury) and Vernom is a 5th-7th. They are not similar outside of their skin color and their hands.

I don't see many 6 feet 4.7 32 inch vertical outside receivers thriving in the NFL, so I can't project Vernon to be one.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seen Vernon mocked as high as the 3rd. I'd take him in the 4th. Good fit in a WCO. High-character guy by all reports.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Seen Vernon mocked as high as the 3rd. I'd take him in the 4th. Good fit in a WCO. High-character guy by all reports.
    He seems to just be a baller ... Not flashy ... Chrebet anyone ?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This really interested me over at Tony Pauline's site:

- Speaking of the Jets, Iíve been told by several sources that a number of veteran players were miffed by the fact many of the teams rookies were not seeing more playing time towards the end of the 2012 season. One player they point to was seventh round pick Jordan White, whom they said was ready to see extensive action, especially considering the teams woes at the receiver position, yet barely saw the field.
    If it's true that White is ready for primetime that would be a very pleasant surprise. Basically the same measurables and reputation as Conner Vernon, already on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    And how do you know that????????

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    we shoul draft Ryan Swope. HE WILL WIND UP ON THE pats though

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    He would be a folk hero because he is white???? are you ignorant? nobody cares about his color....they just want too see if he can ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He's solid, not spectacular, but I like the Eric Decker comparison someone made before as that is who I was thinking of earlier today ... and he's white. He'd be a folk hero in New York or New England.