Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tavon Austin to the Patriots = NIGHTMARE

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tavon Austin to the Patriots = NIGHTMARE

    Or to any other team in the AFC East! What a playmaker he is going to be if he goes to a creative offense like the Pats (NOOOOOOOO!)

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy would be nasty in a WCO. I really am starting to hope the Jets can trade back into the later part of round 1 and add another 3rd or so. I don't see many people wanting to move up though.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    They'll probably have to move up to grab him. I can't see him lasting past Denver.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I think with his combine performance today, he won't fall to New England, who are already low on draft picks this season. Add that to the conviction of Alonzo Dennard, and the Pats will need to find secondary help again.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats won't say a word about him either then draft him out of nowhere.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    They'll probably have to move up to grab him. I can't see him lasting past Denver.
    +1

    I was terrified for awhile that the Pats would get him, but after his combine performance I'd be shocked if he fell to them.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who was the UF speedy guy they signed this season. Jets wanted him too? Demps? Did the Pats basically redshirt him this season?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who was the UF speedy guy they signed this season. Jets wanted him too? Demps? Did the Pats basically redshirt him this season?
    I think he practiced once and they IR'd him.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats are already the best team in the afc east...with or without Austin the will still beat us

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Pats are already the best team in the afc east...with or without Austin the will still beat us
    For the past 9 years we have all made similar comments in which we place a hot commodity on the Pats and expect them to instantly win the SB. Without the benefit of ANY roster adjustments this offseason, the Pats will consistently beat us and mostly any other team in AFC, because they have a all world QB, period end of story.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we would put Wilson on him.










  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    For the past 9 years we have all made similar comments in which we place a hot commodity on the Pats and expect them to instantly win the SB. Without the benefit of ANY roster adjustments this offseason, the Pats will consistently beat us and mostly any other team in AFC, because they have a all world QB, period end of story.
    Yep

  13. #13
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Philly
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    This Austin dude can flat out fly! he ran a 4.24 in the combines today.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    This Austin dude can flat out fly! he ran a 4.24 in the combines today.
    Wrong .... 4.34 ... Still fast though
    Last edited by Dunnie; 02-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Wrong .... 4.34 ... Still fast though
    Most scouts look at the unofficial and official and average them

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Most scouts look at the unofficial and official and average them
    Why? If true, that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard( not stupid on your part, the scouts that do this).

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    Move up from 9 to get Austin? No freaking way. Pick him at 9? No freaking way.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Most scouts look at the unofficial and official and average them
    Most teams have two guys time each run, They use the official as a back up.
    that gives them 6 times in the 40 (assuming the guy ran twice) they then average the 6 times. Plus remember that have the whole thing filmed

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin is Dynamic, but he still is 175 lbs. I think they have Jeff Demps and Endleman penciled in for a lot of the production that Austin would give if Welker leaves. Demps is not Austin but the incremental improvement may not be significant enough to warrant using the 29th pick in the draft.

    I think a Bigger guy like Hopkins in the first would be a more likely choice,

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Or to any other team in the AFC East! What a playmaker he is going to be if he goes to a creative offense like the Pats (NOOOOOOOO!)
    LOL, this is absurd.

    The only nightmare is the Jets QB situation. They somehow fix that and then they can worry about other teams in AFCE.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us