Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith traded???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will never understand the disdain for Alex Smith. Not saying I would trade for him but compared to what we have he is a legend.
    Meh, it took him 5 years to play slightly better than Mark Sanchez in Mark's 2nd year.

Legend might be a bit much, but he should be a decent stopgap for KC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets do strange and stupid ****. remember the desperation move for neil odonnell. consider the smith deal posssible. my opinions lead to personal attacks,pretty sad on your part. thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets do strange and stupid ****. remember the desperation move for neil odonnell. consider the smith deal posssible. my opinions lead to personal attacks,pretty sad on your part. thanks
    Your opinion is that of a 6 year old.

Thus the attacks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't give a sh*t if the Jets made a move for Neil O'Donnell almost 20 years ago.

What the hell does that have to do with Idzik and the current FO?

What, are you one of these silly ass fans who believes in "the curse"?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You're a ****ing idiot.
    +1 dud

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the adults on this site? They all disappear?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cleveland for Brandon Weeden and a forth. makes sense to me. SF gets a cheap backup 3. mil total over the next 3 years. Alex Smith gets reunited with Norv Turner, Cleveland has the cap room that will allow the trade without a renegotiation by Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of the people involved with that are with the Jets today. NONE!

But stupid ass fans want to use that as a reason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Your opinion is that of a 6 year old.

Thus the attacks.
    whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Cleveland for Brandon Weeden and a forth. makes sense to me. SF gets a cheap backup 3. mil total over the next 3 years. Alex Smith gets reunited with Norv Turner, Cleveland has the cap room that will allow the trade without a renegotiation by Smith.
    I dont think Cleveland moves on from Weeden yet. Plus if they were going to trade for a QB, word was that Lombardi was interested in Mallet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    KC has got to be the odds on favorite

Jaguars GM David Caldwell tells the Florida Times Union his team is not on the verge of acquiring Alex Smith.
    "Not us," said Caldwell, succinctly. It's hardly surprising, as Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley have both taken turns pumping up Blaine Gabbert, while Chad Henne is still under contract. The Chiefs are the heavy favorite to be Smith's mystery pursuer. According to NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, "everywhere I go in Indianapolis, I hear someone say that the Alex Smith-to-Kansas City deal is all but done."
    roto

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think Cleveland moves on from Weeden yet. Plus if they were going to trade for a QB, word was that Lombardi was interested in Mallet.

The rumored interest in Mallet to me was a sign that the new regime is not behind Weeden,who was the choice of last years leadership team, a whole new group is there now wanting to put their stamp. I like Alex smith a lot more than most of the posters here.
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._smith_sa.html

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Smith does end up in KC, this has big potential implications for Nick Foles. KC would have brought big competition for him, could open a better opportunity for the Jets if they plan to pursue him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    KC has got to be the odds on favorite

roto
    Smith is the opposite of an Andy Reid QB IMO I don't see it. I con't see him doing 40-60 plays a game all deep routs and slants. Smith is Mr Checkdown. Outside of Sanchez I have never seen a QB play the way he does. He has had what maybe 4 300+ yard games in like 6 years! Read is more likely to bring in Campbell or Moore if he doesn't get Foles then Smith IMO. I can see Zona in deportation but likely Jax.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Smith is the opposite of an Andy Reid QB IMO I don't see it. I con't see him doing 40-60 plays a game all deep routs and slants. Smith is Mr Checkdown. Outside of Sanchez I have never seen a QB play the way he does. He has had what maybe 4 300+ yard games in like 6 years! Read is more likely to bring in Campbell or Moore if he doesn't get Foles then Smith IMO. I can see Zona in deportation but likely Jax.
    Caldwell already said it was not the jags. Arizona is the same division and they don't have the cap room. My money is on Cleveland, that is where he wants to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    But who the hell did he have to throw the ball to? The pats won 2 superbowls dumping the ball off. In 2004 Brady only had 288 completions less than 18 a game and 225 yards a game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    knowing the jets and draft day history we just gave up the #9 pick for smith.
    lol are you kidding man? thank G Mike T isnt running this team anymore or your joke could be questioned for reality.. Maybe jets traded their 3rd rounder and sanchez for smith and their 5th rounder.. Id take that to dump sanchez once and for all..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's either KC or a smoke screen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im going with a mystery team. Buffalo.