Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Running Backs Running Backs

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Lol have you made one post in the last month without mentioning your boyfriend Chance?
    Use the search feature and read all his posts about guys like Sedrick Ellis and Sanchez

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Use the search feature and read all his posts about guys like Sedrick Ellis and Sanchez
    To be fair, Sanchez had a high grade. Mayock had him ranked ahead of Stafford. Not his fault he went to the Jets.

  3. #23
    Looks like Nile Davis has recovered from his injuries. At 5"10 and 227pounds this crusher hit a 4.37 40 and put up 31 reps on the BP, 4.38 secs on the 20yd shuttle and 33.5" on the vertical. That seems plenty fit to me.

    He would make Greene superfluous. Seems like a young TD.Perhaps Jets could pick up Barner too or Bohanon in the 6th, that would be something.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Looks like Nile Davis has recovered from his injuries. At 5"10 and 227pounds this crusher hit a 4.37 40 and put up 31 reps on the BP, 4.38 secs on the 20yd shuttle and 33.5" on the vertical. That seems plenty fit to me.

    He would make Greene superfluous. Seems like a young TD.Perhaps Jets could pick up Barner too or Bohanon in the 6th, that would be something.
    He's got Greenitis in the sense that he's a bit of a fumbler because of his small hands. Greene didn't fumble at all in college, but he also didn't play in the SEC

  5. #25
    If Tiki can be cured of Tikitis so can Nile. He'll get the best coaching, conditioning and mentoring etc. You can't coach his type of measurables, and it's been a very long time since the Jets had real venom in the backfield like what he's bringing. Break him in slowly by giving him goal line touches, 3rd and short before the more ambitious plays and he should be fine. Picking him in the 3rd or 4th would be well worth it in terms of risk/reward.

  6. #26
    Some of his measurables are better than T-Rich's

    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...-richardson-3/

    See for youirself:

    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...vis?id=2540178

    I'm not saying he's as good as T-Rich but the numbers and college game performance would suggest he can hold his own. Getting him in the 3rd or 4th would be gravy.

  7. #27
    Draft is loaded at RB. Love Stefan Taylor (90+ catches at the RB position?!!?) and Barner (Leon Washington clone). Jets need a 3rd down back and both fit the bill.

  8. #28
    Jonathan Franklin in the 3rd or Mike Gillislee in the 4th

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Draft is loaded at RB. Love Stefan Taylor (90+ catches at the RB position?!!?) and Barner (Leon Washington clone). Jets need a 3rd down back and both fit the bill.
    You look at where lamichael james (2nd) and Lamar Miller (top 4 - huge project player) and then look at this year.

    Gilleless, christine michale, barner, taylor, and franklin who are all probably 3-4th rounders.

    Then you have the guys like davis (project - but prob 3-4th round area), graham - 5-6th, randle 5-6th.

    There really is a ton of value here. If we do wind up with 2 of these guys, one of whom we draft late and can keep inactive unless needed (like SF did with james) I would not be against it.

  10. #30
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,286
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Some of his measurables are better than T-Rich's

    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...-richardson-3/

    See for youirself:

    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...vis?id=2540178

    I'm not saying he's as good as T-Rich but the numbers and college game performance would suggest he can hold his own. Getting him in the 3rd or 4th would be gravy.
    T-Rich grew a full inch from the combine to his pro day. You'd think that height have such a big disparity from measurement to another.

  11. #31
    This is a team that prides itself in running the ball and whose scouting department has missed at drafting backs in mid and later rounds for over a decade.

    I can see them drafting a back in round one after they trade the 9 to a desperate team.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Jonathan Franklin in the 3rd or Mike Gillislee in the 4th
    +1

  13. #33

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    One thing I dislike about these highlight videos---it only shows their best plays.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    If Tiki can be cured of Tikitis so can Nile. He'll get the best coaching, conditioning and mentoring etc. You can't coach his type of measurables, and it's been a very long time since the Jets had real venom in the backfield like what he's bringing. Break him in slowly by giving him goal line touches, 3rd and short before the more ambitious plays and he should be fine. Picking him in the 3rd or 4th would be well worth it in terms of risk/reward.
    Some have pointed to it not being form (holding it like a loaf of bread) but rather small hands not being able to hold the football against stripping tacklers

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Whoever edited that video really went overboard with speeding it up. It looks ridiculous and is unwatchable.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    One thing I dislike about these highlight videos---it only shows their best plays.
    Of course, it shows what he is capable of. The important thing to note is he dominated against multiple teams in many games throughout his tenure in college.

    Not to mention the guy is the fastest rb by far in the draft, is built like a tank, decent elusiveness, quick feet, catches passes decently and trucks the rock like a rhino. What's not to like?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Whoever edited that video really went overboard with speeding it up. It looks ridiculous and is unwatchable.
    That video may be sped up but you can clearly see how much faster he is than the defenders who are similarly "sped up" on the video. Same difference. It's not as if he was running the 40, then the time and video were both sped up to make him look good.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Knile davis reminds me of Adrian Murrell. Put him in the right offense, and give him a crack and he will hit his head on the Goal post.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,315
    Christine Michael has the most talent

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us