Thread: Matt Scott QB Arizona

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    I vote for Colby Cameron.
    Interesting find . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly don't think Scott makes it out of the 2nd. With so many spread Os running right now where you need 2 athletic QBs he will be prime property in the 2nd. Philly, KC, Seattle, SF, Jax, and maybe Chi are all teams I could see looking at him in the 2-3 round. Really think Philly will take him or Jones early in the 3rd but I wouldn't be shocked if SF took him in the 2nd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Peter Lalich is a guy to google and read up about.

Had problems with alcohol - busted for possesion of alochol as a minor and wa booted from UVA. Went to Orgeon St and got a boat DUI and was kicked off that team.

Former top 5 HS recruit at QB. 6'5 235, very accurate, great understanding of coverages and scheme, not a huge arm, but solid for west coast offense. Supposedly has his problems behind him - hasnt had a problem the last 2 years.

A college kid that drank alcohol? NO WAY! REALLY!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I honestly don't think Scott makes it out of the 2nd. With so many spread Os running right now where you need 2 athletic QBs he will be prime property in the 2nd. Philly, KC, Seattle, SF, Jax, and maybe Chi are all teams I could see looking at him in the 2-3 round. Really think Philly will take him or Jones early in the 3rd but I wouldn't be shocked if SF took him in the 2nd.
    Which "name brand guys" do you see him going before? Manuel, Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Barklay, Glennon?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Which "name brand guys" do you see him going before? Manuel, Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Barklay, Glennon?
    Geno, Glennon, and I would think Barkley go 1st to early 2nd. He will be competing vs guys like Wilson and Dysert as the 4th guy off the board and he fits different teams then those guys. I can without a doubt see SF taking him because they have picks to burn. His up side is pretty high and would look like a bargain project in the 2nd for some OCs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Matt Scott/QB/Arizona tossed in excess of 85 passes today. Impressed on field & during interviews. Report posted at http://t.co/MW5zSovC7W

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well there goes my kid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @TonyPauline: Matt Scott/QB/Arizona tossed in excess of 85 passes today. Impressed on field & during interviews. Report posted at http://t.co/MW5zSovC7W
    I'd be OK with either in the 2nd or 3rd round. Nessib isn't high on my list but certainly has potential. I know he is being pushed as a late 1st early 2nd rounder I just don't have him that high in this deep class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    If you watch game film on Matt Scott, he throws a very nice ball. Plays in a pro style offense. But physically looks more like a high-schooler. I think that's the biggest knock on him.
    Rich Rodriguez does not run a "pro" set, (that is why Mallet transferred to Arkansas) He got beat out by Foles at Arizona when the previous coach did run a pro set.

The guy is a developmental qb and will probably need 2 years in a pro set to succeed. Maybe one year behind a Kapernick, RG3, Newton type offense.

He does not have a powerfull build but the kid is only 22 a NFL camp will probably push him up to 210

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way they talk about these QB's it's impossible to project where any of them will go...

depending on who you listen to, there's about 10 guys who are said to be 2-3rd round talents now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The way they talk about these QB's it's impossible to project where any of them will go...

depending on who you listen to, there's about 10 guys who are said to be 2-3rd round talents now...
    I am kind of looking at it like this.

Smith and Glennon are solid 1st rounders. Both have good skills to play right now and monster up sides.

Barlkey should be but any GM taking him will think twice because they will come under more fire then usual because he is from USC. I still think he will be 2nd round at the latest.

Tyler Wilson is the only guy you can slate hard as a 2nd rounder.

Nessib, Zac Dysert, Scott, EJ Manuel are all 2-4th rounders base on skills to be a ready BU or potential projects.

Bray(Attitude), Jones(lack of progression), Tuel(injury), Renfree(injury), Klein(Tebowish), and Sorensen(Southern Utah) are all potential sleepers for one reason or anther. All capable of being 3rd rounder if someone really likes them but could easily be 7th for various reasons as well.

Rodgers, Griffin, Cameron, Crist and McGloin are all guys worth a 6-7 rounder to see what they really have. That said Rodgers and McGloin given their size will likely be UDFA. To put something in perspective here. Crist a guy that will in all likely hood be a 7-UDFA is very comparable to Curtis Painter who was the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft that we took Sanchez in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    A college kid that drank alcohol? NO WAY! REALLY!?
    Yeah, big deal! The New York Jets select.....Eric Ainge.......two picks in front of Carl Nicks, pro bowl guard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am kind of looking at it like this.

Smith and Glennon are solid 1st rounders. Both have good skills to play right now and monster up sides.

Barlkey should be but any GM taking him will think twice because they will come under more fire then usual because he is from USC. I still think he will be 2nd round at the latest.

Tyler Wilson is the only guy you can slate hard as a 2nd rounder.

Nessib, Zac Dysert, Scott, EJ Manuel are all 2-4th rounders base on skills to be a ready BU or potential projects.

Bray(Attitude), Jones(lack of progression), Tuel(injury), Renfree(injury), Klein(Tebowish), and Sorensen(Southern Utah) are all potential sleepers for one reason or anther. All capable of being 3rd rounder if someone really likes them but could easily be 7th for various reasons as well.

Rodgers, Griffin, Cameron, Crist and McGloin are all guys worth a 6-7 rounder to see what they really have. That said Rodgers and McGloin given their size will likely be UDFA. To put something in perspective here. Crist a guy that will in all likely hood be a 7-UDFA is very comparable to Curtis Painter who was the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft that we took Sanchez in.
    I just pray all of your projections are correct because it will free up better prospects for the jets after round one rather than desperately going after a crap QB class that is being elevated. Keep pushing those propects to us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Can confirm the Buffalo Bills will be bringing Matt Scott/QB/Arizona in for a visit...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I just pray all of your projections are correct because it will free up better prospects for the jets after round one rather than desperately going after a crap QB class that is being elevated. Keep pushing those propects to us.
    Concerning we have talked with ever one of the top 8 QB prospects this year what makes you think we'd pass on QB in this class? Not like we have a QB right now. I say the JETS have shown more interest in taking a QB then anyone else in this draft. Better start liking someone in the 1st 3 rounds because it is going to happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Concerning we have talked with ever one of the top 8 QB prospects this year what makes you think we'd pass on QB in this class? Not like we have a QB right now. I say the JETS have shown more interest in taking a QB then anyone else in this draft. Better start liking someone in the 1st 3 rounds because it is going to happen.
    agree, the Jets are taking a qb in the 1st 3 rounds... People who can't see this are either not paying attention, still living in Sanchez denial or somehow think the Jets are the only team who will be invited to next years draft (Bridgewater).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yeah, big deal! The New York Jets select.....Eric Ainge.......two picks in front of Carl Nicks, pro bowl guard.
    The worst part about not picking Nicks was that Callahan, who recruited Nicks to Nebraska, was on our staff and we still did not pick him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    agree, the Jets are taking a qb in the 1st 3 rounds... People who can't see this are either not paying attention, still living in Sanchez denial or somehow think the Jets are the only team who will be invited to next years draft (Bridgewater).
    agreed. idzik is probably relieved that there's no qbs worthy taking at 9. if he trades revis for a few picks it's even easier to draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. probably would have to take one in the 2nd as qbs usually get overdrafted. i also think it would be easier for the jets to take a guy like warmack at 9, then take a qb in the 2nd along with a safety or something. if the jets don't trade revis and use their 2nd on a qb it will be tougher to justify imo b/c the jets really need help at so many positions. it's why i think the jets are trying so hard to deal revis, b/c they don't want to only address 2 other positions in the first two days.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    If you watch game film on Matt Scott, he throws a very nice ball. Plays in a pro style offense. But physically looks more like a high-schooler. I think that's the biggest knock on him.
    Spread offense is not really a pro style offense. Yes it resembles shotgun 4 wide but NFL offenses incorporate alot of I formation and WCO the QB is almost always under center.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Scott is more Quincy Carter than Russell Wilson. Carter actually was not a bad pro but I'd prefer EJ Manuel in the 3rd.