Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Scott QB Arizona

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way too small physically and only played the position one year in college.

We don't need another project QB.

Pass

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: One other QB note-- I'll be surprised if Arizona QB Matt Scott makes it out of the 3rd round. He has several teams interested.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    This years Russel Wilson. Hope we can get him rd 3 or rd 4.
    Scott is going to be a steal for whatever team gets him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Way too small physically and only played the position one year in college.

We don't need another project QB.

Pass
    Too small? He is 6'2 220lbs. Physically he is a beast. When was the last time you saw a QB with a 6.69 cone drill or a 3.99 shuttle! One of the biggest reasons to think he doesn't make it out of the 3rd is in the 3rd I'd consider drafting him and turning him into a WR. Good speed and better agility then Tavon Austin. This dude has a massive upside. Yeah one year at QB and he is already farther along then most coming out of college. Look at tape on Keapernick coming out of college he looked worse then Tebow mechanically.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Too small? He is 6'2 220lbs. Physically he is a beast. When was the last time you saw a QB with a 6.69 cone drill or a 3.99 shuttle! One of the biggest reasons to think he doesn't make it out of the 3rd is in the 3rd I'd consider drafting him and turning him into a WR. Good speed and better agility then Tavon Austin. This dude has a massive upside. Yeah one year at QB and he is already farther along then most coming out of college. Look at tape on Keapernick coming out of college he looked worse then Tebow mechanically.
    To be fair, Kaepernick started 4 years in college, rushed for over 4K yards, completed over 64% his senior year (along with 20 rushing tds, 1200 yards rushing, 21 throwing tds), is 2 inches taller, 10-15 lbs heavier, is considered a 4.4 - '40 guy... ran a 4.53 at the combine, and also was said to have the strongest arm in entire the 2010 draft class...

All that said, he's a far more impressive physical specimen...

People want to say Glennon is inaccurate for completing 59% of his throws making a lot of downfield throws with a terrible running game and not one good WR.

If true, what does it say about Scott, who played in a screen offense - completed just 60% of his passes, with a 1900 yard - 23 td running back and a stud WR - 1364 yards - 11 tds...

To me he looks like a better version of Brook Bollinger.

With that, I wouldn't take him before round 5.