Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: EJ Manuel in Rd 2. Get On the Bus.

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Matt Scott is the qb we should be looking at.
    After his combine I'd be on board with Scott. My top ten looks like this right now.


    1. Matt Barkley
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Mike Glennon
    4. Zac Dysert
    5. Tyler Wilson
    6. Ryan Nassib
    7. Matt Scott
    8. Tyler Bray
    9. Jeff Tuel
    10. Landry Jones

    Manuel is worked his way out of my top ten. This is a pretty deep class any of these guys are better then what we currently have.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Manuel and think he has some serious potential, but he need a lot of work and I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tyler Bray. all the way. In the 3rd round.

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    As would any other QB in this draft class. This is not a good year for the QB position in the draft Manuel in the 2nd or 3rd round is a way better and safer move than Barkley or Smith in rd 1. Warmack Puh-lease.
    So why draft a QB that will take 3 years to develop when we could get a player that could contribute immediately?

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    So why draft a QB that will take 3 years to develop when we could get a player that could contribute immediately?
    One could argue that regardless of when you pick one, a QB will need time to develop. Might as well start sooner than later and if you miss, so what…

    The position has become far too important and the new rookie wage scale does not punish you as much as it once did.

    You can point to Clemens, but he was not near the prolific passer or had the raw arm talent some of these guys – Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Bray, Nassib, Dysert, Wilson, etc. had in college.

    Heck people wanted to trade for Moore, Foles, and Mallett… are they any better than some of the guys listed above? I’ll tell you what, it’s close and can be argued…

    And one of these guys will drop to round 2, 3, 4 or even 5… all perfect places to draft them as it still allows you to take a QB in round 1 next year, but doesn’t make it a requirement.

    My thoughts anyway…

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    After his combine I'd be on board with Scott. My top ten looks like this right now.


    1. Matt Barkley
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Mike Glennon
    4. Zac Dysert
    5. Tyler Wilson
    6. Ryan Nassib
    7. Matt Scott
    8. Tyler Bray
    9. Jeff Tuel
    10. Landry Jones

    Manuel is worked his way out of my top ten. This is a pretty deep class any of these guys are better then what we currently have.
    Don't underestimate Sean Renfree from DUKE.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Don't underestimate Sean Renfree from DUKE.
    QB wishlist

    1 Manuel
    2 Jones
    3 Renfree
    4 Glennon
    5 Bray

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Don't underestimate Sean Renfree from DUKE.
    Indeed, not much difference between him and some of these other guys getting mentioned in rd. 2.

    Another guy I like as a raw project is Brad Sorensen. Big frame, big arm.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    QB wishlist

    1 Manuel
    2 Jones
    3 Renfree
    4 Glennon
    5 Bray
    Landry Jones would be a top 10 pick if his pocket presence wasn't atrocious. He crumbles under pressure and his accuracy goes down about 80 percent with a good passrush,.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Don't underestimate Sean Renfree from DUKE.
    I really like the talent in this QB class in general. Renfree would be a good mid round pick in most drafts. Him Manuel, Brad Sorensen, Klien, Griffin, and Cameron are all good prospects IMO. I even like Dayne Crist in this class. There is a lot of depth here. I honestly don't get the hate for this group of guys there is a skill set for anyone in need of a QB here.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Don't underestimate Sean Renfree from DUKE.
    A Duke quarterback? The words Dave Brown mean anything to you?
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember a draft class that was this bad at the QB position. 1999 had a lot of busts taken in the 1st and 2nd. This is the same thing.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    A Duke quarterback? The words Dave Brown mean anything to you?
    That is the dumbest argument I ever heard. That is like saying don't draft a Michigan QB because of Griese, or Drew Hensen. Omitting Tom Brady.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    That is the dumbest argument I ever heard. That is like saying don't draft a Michigan QB because of Griese, or Drew Hensen. Omitting Tom Brady.

    You want a Duke quarterback? lol. Those UMASS Right Tackles making you proud to be a Jets fan yet?

  15. #55
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    One could argue that regardless of when you pick one, a QB will need time to develop. Might as well start sooner than later and if you miss, so what…

    The position has become far too important and the new rookie wage scale does not punish you as much as it once did.

    You can point to Clemens, but he was not near the prolific passer or had the raw arm talent some of these guys – Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Bray, Nassib, Dysert, Wilson, etc. had in college.

    Heck people wanted to trade for Moore, Foles, and Mallett… are they any better than some of the guys listed above? I’ll tell you what, it’s close and can be argued…

    And one of these guys will drop to round 2, 3, 4 or even 5… all perfect places to draft them as it still allows you to take a QB in round 1 next year, but doesn’t make it a requirement.

    My thoughts anyway…
    I understand that, but I have seen EJ play every snap and a lot of his practices. I just dont see why anyone would want him in the second round with the OL and Defensive depth in this years draft. Solidify the Oline in this year's draft and get a QB in the 4th round. Championships are won in the trenches and we have the making of a good Dline.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I can't remember a draft class that was this bad at the QB position. 1999 had a lot of busts taken in the 1st and 2nd. This is the same thing.
    Look back over the last ten years. There have been about 7 drafts a lot weaker then this one over the last ten years. Not as good as last years class but it is still a pretty deep class. Maybe not top end heavy but lets be realistic most drafts are over hyped at the top end. I don't think anyone here is over hyped. I seriously don't see a Clausen, Quinn, or a Sanchez bad prospect being pushed as a solid 1st rounder. Smith and Barkley would be 1st in any draft. You can argue there are about 15 2-3 round worth guys here though. That is pretty good.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You want a Duke quarterback? lol. Those UMASS Right Tackles making you proud to be a Jets fan yet?
    What school did Joe Flacco go to??

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I understand that, but I have seen EJ play every snap and a lot of his practices. I just dont see why anyone would want him in the second round with the OL and Defensive depth in this years draft. Solidify the Oline in this year's draft and get a QB in the 4th round. Championships are won in the trenches and we have the making of a good Dline.
    I'm not a big EJ fan except to say that he seems to fit the "new" NFL read option offense....

    This is the sort of draft that you can wait on qb and likely get a nice developmental prospect one round later than you thought you would.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    eh would take nassib anyday over him

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    nah, really?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us