Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EJ Manuel in Rd 2. Get On the Bus.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    eh would take nassib anyday over him
    Almost as if you are on the Nassib bandwagon

Anyway, my question is how does this crop compare to next years (Bridgewater, Manziel, Boyd, guy from SJSU)??

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Almost as if you are on the Nassib bandwagon

Anyway, my question is how does this crop compare to next years (Bridgewater, Manziel, Boyd, guy from SJSU)??
    Boyd & BDUB R the real deal! dont kno to much bout Manziel but he is prob going to be good too.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    EJ Manuel has been a busy man. Doing a heavy media tour over past couple of days. Yesterday w/ Gruden, today w/ Fox spts. Soon to be in ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'm not a big EJ fan except to say that he seems to fit the "new" NFL read option offense....

This is the sort of draft that you can wait on qb and likely get a nice developmental prospect one round later than you thought you would.
    The thing about Manuel that none of the other QB's in this draft have is his physical measurables. You can't teach size, speed and athleticism. If he played in a qb-friendly offense like this version of the WCO we are putting in I can see him being succesfull.

3rd round though. We need to fill holes at Guard, OLB and Safety in the first 2 rounds.

@MoveTheSticks During his career, E.J. Manuel has started 7 games against top 25 opponents. Stats: 6 TD's, 9 INT's (3-4 record)

@nfl: Why @MoveTheSticks believes EJ Manuel is NOT a franchise QB: http://t.co/DubdOhZFnk

Hall Of Fame
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE 5m
    For those who often ask "Do QB's ever struggle at their Pro day?" - Well, EJ Manuel did today showing VG arm strength, but lacking accuracy.

Not a good sign when throwing in shorts. Confirms what he showed on tape as well.

I'm confused NFL network said he a great pro day

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For those who often ask "Do QB's ever struggle at their Pro day?" - Well, EJ Manuel did today showing VG arm strength, but lacking accuracy.

Not a good sign when throwing in shorts. Confirms what he showed on tape as well.
    I am shocked how many people seem to be hyping this guys. All the good talent here to me he just doesn't have it and it shows when he plays. He had very good #s dont get me wrong but this is a case of numbers not telling the truth IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The thing about Manuel that none of the other QB's in this draft have is his physical measurables. You can't teach size, speed and athleticism. If he played in a qb-friendly offense like this version of the WCO we are putting in I can see him being succesfull.
    The last thing I care about is a guy's "measurables" if he isn't accurate. I get that you can't teach size, speed or athleticism, but I also don't think you can teach accuracy. Even though he threw at a 68% clip in college, all I hear is that he's not very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

Do not want another inaccurate QB. Don't care how physically imposing he may be.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The last thing I care about is a guy's "measurables" if he isn't accurate. I get that you can't teach size, speed or athleticism, but I also don't think you can teach accuracy. Even though he threw at a 68% clip in college, all I hear is that he's not very accurate.

Do not want another inaccurate QB. Don't care how physically imposing he may be.

_
    I'm not actually a huge Manuel guy and I think he's a project who will need a couple years to be ready. I do think he is one of the better prospects in a pretty weak qb class. This guy named Mike Mayock says Manuel is the 2nd best QB in this year's draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...b-in-nfl-draft

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm not actually a huge Manuel guy and I think he's a project who will need a couple years to be ready. I do think he is one of the better prospects in a pretty weak qb class. This guy named Mike Mayock says Manuel is the 2nd best QB in this year's draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...b-in-nfl-draft
    I guess my issue is that just because he's the 2nd best (or even the best) QB prospect in this class, I just think this class is so weak it's like the tallest midget in the freak show. I never understood the rationale that since we need to fill a hole, that we should take a flier on the best player at a position in an awful class. I don't see any of these guys being big time QBs, so why jeopardize passing on an OLB or Olineman or RB who could be a stud for us for years? Who knows, you could find that diamond in the rough, but we can't gamble in the hopes that we pick THE right guy.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Boyd & BDUB R the real deal! dont kno to much bout Manziel but he is prob going to be good too.
    Boyd is far from the real deal or a sure thing. He has a lot to prove this year.