Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Jet's combine interviews

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The fact that they are meeting with QBs is a real story in itself since most here think there's no way the Jets are taking one in this draft.
    I'm sure they are meeting with players from every position. It's part of the scouting process.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The fact that they are meeting with QBs is a real story in itself since most here think there's no way the Jets are taking one in this draft.
    Yeah but there's 6 other rounds

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm sure they are meeting with players from every position. It's part of the scouting process.
    Bingo

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm sure they are meeting with players from every position. It's part of the scouting process.
    How many teams do you think are Interviewing all 3 of these guys?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    How many teams do you think are Interviewing all 3 of these guys?
    I have no idea. But I'm guessing every team are meeting/interviewing QBs.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Yeah but there's 6 other rounds
    I agree, I don't want to use pick 9 on a qb...

    Where I differ from many here is that I'd considering taking one in rd. 2+ beyond.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I agree, I don't want to use pick 9 on a qb...

    Where I differ from many here is that I'd considering taking one in rd. 2+ beyond.
    It doesn't mean they'll take one at 9. That's what these meetings are for to continue with the evaluation process to assign a grade and stack their board.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It doesn't mean they'll take one at 9. That's what these meetings are for to continue with the evaluation process to assign a grade and stack their board.
    So the Jets are interested in taking a QB or not?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    So the Jets are interested in taking a QB or not?
    LOL. I have no idea. Idzik isn't returning my calls. It's Feb. FA and trades haven't even started yet. A lot can change between now and the draft.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. I have no idea. Idzik isn't returning my calls. It's Feb. FA and trades haven't even started yet. A lot can change between now and the draft.
    Ok, wanted to see if I could elicit anything resembling an original idea/thought/or prediction from you at this time.

    I'll check back with you in April or better yet, May... That way you can't be wrong!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Ok, wanted to see if I could elicit anything resembling an original idea/thought/or prediction from you at this time.

    I'll check back with you in April or better yet, May... That way you can't be wrong!
    Not sure what you are after. But whatever. Sorry if you don't grasp the concept of scouting and evaluations. And unlike many here I don't have a problem admitting if I was wrong on something.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not sure what you are after. But whatever. Sorry if you don't grasp the concept of scouting and evaluations. And unlike many here I don't have a problem admitting if I was wrong on something.
    If the concept of scouting and evaluations means you can't have an opinion now then you are right I don't grasp it, nor would I want to.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    If the concept of scouting and evaluations means you can't have an opinion now then you are right I don't grasp it, nor would I want to.
    My opinion now is the Jets are interested in every position. Now you can come back to me in May and tell me I was wrong since that seems to be all you are after.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm sure they are meeting with players from every position. It's part of the scouting process.
    We also had a lower rated QB than about 29-30 teams last season (a guy who managed to get himself benched TWICE), so I think there's more to it when we are meeting with QBs. Idzik better investigate every QB prospect in this draft to the far ends of the earth considering how awful we were at the position last season.

  15. #55
    none of these guy became Jets
    Smokescreen galore

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us