Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft rounds 1-4 w/ Trades

Mock Draft rounds 1-4 w/ Trades

Revis traded to Tampa Bay for their 1st and 4th round picks.

1(a) - Geno Smith - QB - We now have our franchise QB
    1(b) - Ezekiel Ansah - OLB - Beast of an athlete that REX will be drooling over
    2 - Giovanni Bernard - RB - 3 down back with great hands for WCO -explosive
    3 - Justin Hunter - WR - Looked great today at combine and has all the tools
    4(a) - Alvin Bailey - OG - plug in as a starter
    4(b) - Bacarri Rambo - S - if unable to sign Landry

All Pro
    this is what the draft forum is for. can we keep it in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    this is what the draft forum is for. can we keep it in there?
    Not only this, but he has Hunter going in the 3rd? I want whatever he is having...

Jets Insider VIP
    horrendous.

and I don't want a 1st and a 4th.

I want a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Revis traded to Tampa Bay for their 1st and 4th round picks.

1(a) - Geno Smith - QB - We now have our franchise QB
    1(b) - Ezekiel Ansah - OLB - Beast of an athlete that REX will be drooling over
    2 - Giovanni Bernard - RB - 3 down back with great hands for WCO -explosive
    3 - Justin Hunter - WR - Looked great today at combine and has all the tools
    4(a) - Alvin Bailey - OG - plug in as a starter
    4(b) - Bacarri Rambo - S - if unable to sign Landry
    This is the worst mock I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    horrendous.

lol "what you want" if that was sarcasm it was funny.. no one is even giving a good 1st for revis.. Im not sure any 1st has even been offered.. We are not the only ones who dont want to sign revis to franchise qb $. Tampa pick is way to low, they would NEVER offer that pick and then some..

All League
    This draft and trade scenario sucks. Sorry dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    horrendous.

No way is revis getting a 1st and a 2nd.

My mock addresses our needs in order of need. If the chips fell that way the jets would be set up for success.

What is not to like?

We need a QB badly. We need a passrushing 3/4 olb. We need a starting RB. we can use a guard. And when landry leaves we'll need a young safety.
    WR is the only position that we dont severely need but when Hunter falls to us at the top of the 3rd we will jump all over it.

As for the Revis trade if we can get the 13th pick in the draft and TB's 4th rounder I'd jump all over that. Ansah and Rambo for revis is just fine by me.

I don't see Revis being traded at all. People don't get that in 2014 there is so much money coming off the books that we won't have anyone of quality to spend on. Would you prefer two overpaid guys ala Scott and Pace or one superstar in Revis? Makes more sense to keep Revis and re-sign him long term.

All League
    I'm in, but only because it includes a guy named "Rambo. "

All Pro
    I appreciate the effort that went into it, but I could not be more opposed to that.

Does anyone think there is a QB worth taking #9 this year? Draft a bad QB, you are stuck with him for 3 years. I don't think Revis is leaving, so I don't see where we have 2 first rounders.

Outside of possibly Geno thats pretty much a dream senario for us.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is the worst mock I have ever seen.
    +100000

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    +100000
    yeah good point. Lets just grab a guard in the 1st and 2nd round.

I dont get the hate on this mock. Geno pick could be questionable, but Ziggy, Gio ,Hunter, Rambo are all great picks IMO.

All Pro
    Ya i don't know it's the worst mock ever... but i don't like a 1 and 4 for revis, and I don't think Ansah is as ready as people think he is. There's better ways to spend our picks.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    yeah good point. Lets just grab a guard in the 1st and 2nd round.
    What good is your "franchise QB" if RBs are only getting 3 yards a carry and your "franchise QB" is getting the crap beat out of him every time he drops back.

Fix the OL and OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    I dont get the hate on this mock. Geno pick could be questionable, but Ziggy, Gio ,Hunter, Rambo are all great picks IMO.
    It is a pretty unrealistic dream IMO.

Unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It is a pretty unrealistic dream IMO.
    It is probable that Geno Smith slides past KC due to KC signing Alex Smith. It is also probable that Buffalo passes on GENO to grab Nassib in the 2nd as Doug Marrone coached him in Syracuse and apparently looking to grab him. Additionally, it has been reported that Zona is hot for Matt Barkley so they may make Barkley the first QB off the board. That is why Geno Smith to the Jets is not a pipe-dream.

Ansah at #13 from TB is also not an unlikely outcome given all the OLB's that this draft has at the top of the draft. Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Damontre Moore, Mingo are all projected 3/4 olb's. Ezekiel Ansah will be available for the taking at #13.

Giovanni Bernard will be the 3rd or 4th RB to get drafted. Eddie Lacy, Stepfan Taylor, Montee Ball,and even Andre Ellington could all go before Giovanni Bernard. I think Bernard is available for the taking at the top of round 2 and hopefull the Jets grab him. RB explosion is a huge hole on this team and as such Bernard fits the bill.

Justin Hunter was once highly touted but injuries and inconsistency have hurt his draft stock. There are over 10 WR's that will get drafter before Hunter like Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, ect...

As for my two 4th round selections guard Bailey is projected as a 4th round pick as is safety Rambo.

Jets Insider VIP
    This isn't a bad mock,.,.. Just a pipedream.