Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: My first Jets draft mock

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

My first Jets draft mock

My first choice would be to trade down, given our numerous needs. Maybe something like our first-, fourth- and seventh-round picks (9, 103, 199) to the Rams for their first- and second-rounders (16, 46). Maybe they'd consider a move up if Patterson or Warmack were available. I'd like either of those players, too, but I'd rather have the extra second-rounder.

Short of a trade, what would you think of a draft like this?

9. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
    39. Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    72. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice OR Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
    103. Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    134. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    168. J.J. Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern
    199. Will Compton, ILB, Nebraska

If we could swing that above deal with St. Louis, maybe this would be possible:

16. Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon (or maybe Jones falls to here)
    39. Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    46. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
    72. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
    134. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    168. J.J. Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern

I'd like Jarvis Jones to be our first-rounder, since the production is just phenomenal and playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 wouldn't be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I realize there's risk involved because of his spine condition, but I think the guy will be incredibly productive. If his career is over by the time he's 30, well, at least we will have gotten six or seven great years from him.

Warford is a mauler as a run blocker, and that's something we need with both starting guards possibly being lost to free agency.

McDonald is the all-around tight end we need. Dustin Keller is fine as a receiver, but we need a better blocker who can also be a receiving threat.

Bray is my favorite QB option in the middle rounds. He'd probably be a big-time prospect if he weren't an ass, but he's supposedly attempting to turn over a new leaf. The bottom line is that I don't mind having a diva QB if he can deliver the goods.

I'm not attached to Gillislee as the running back. I wish he were more accomplished as a receiver out of the backfield, but I think he can be developed in that area. He can be explosive, and I think he can handle a decent workload, too. He'd be productive as a lead back in a committee next year.

Rogers is another guy whose past (three failed drug tests) is going to knock him down a couple of rounds. He'd be a flat-out steal at pick No. 103 if he's available there. He has the ability to be a future No. 1 wide receiver.

Wilcox was supposedly great at the Senior Bowl, even though he's only played the strong safety position for a year. At that point of the draft, I'll go for high upside every time.

Compton's productive. At the end of the draft, I'd be happy to get a guy who'd make the roster and have decent upside. With Bart Scott gone, I realize Demario Davis will take his spot in the starting lineup, but Compton would be an effective replacement for Davis as a No. 3 inside guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt seem like anyone wants to trade up in the 1st. doubt jones will be there at #9. I think warmack is where we need to go.. especially after passing on decastro last yr, this guy should be huge for many years like mangold or more important.. Even after next year when we dump sanchez, we cant expect to grab a superstar qb (hopefully we draft 1 next year and can develop a good 1) but we will need a solid running game to compete.. Oline needs warmack. He should be there at #9

Rd 2

harder to predict who will fall, if there is a good olb left first choice.

after that Id go with best available at the many other holes we have. I dont want to pass up on a good player who shouldnt have fell because we were looking to pick a certain position in a particular round. I think this GM gets that. He wont be a cowboy like MT and trade up every chance he gets.