Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine News and Other NFL News, Rumors--Monday Feb 25th

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    While questions seems to be piling up on the players the jets will have to chose from at the #9 spot, at least we have this going for us;

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php
    LOL..what is funny is that last week they had the Jets with the number one selection taking Bridgewater. Wonder what the Jets did in the last week to move from the top spot?

While questions seems to be piling up on the players the jets will have to chose from at the #9 spot, at least we have this going for us;

These are funny. Mock drafts in Feb for the current year draft are hilarious enough before FAs/trades etc. but a mock 14 months out has less value than toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL..what is funny is that last week they had the Jets with the number one selection taking Bridgewater. Wonder what the Jets did in the last week to move from the top spot?
    Fired Rex in December. LOL!

@Gil_Brandt: Just hand-timed Manti Te'o at 4.71 in 40. Had hoped to see 4.65 from him. Probably tight, under pressure. All eyes on him at #NFLCombine.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @LeonSandcastle: Normal prospects answer Qs from scouts. Leon answers Qs from the people. Tweet 'em to #AskSandcastle & I'll answer later.
    As much fun as it is o watch Eisen run the 40, I would LOVE to see the rest of the NFL Network guys go through the combine stuff again. Would be fun to see Deion run the 40 or Faulk, Warner throw the combine passing drill to Irvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Hopefully Idzik kicks rex's ass out of the war room.
    + a zillion. Rex needs to have extremely limited input on draft choices, especially at the top. If Rex controlled the top 3 he would draft DL, CB CB every year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As much fun as it is o watch Eisen run the 40, I would LOVE to see the rest of the NFL Network guys go through the combine stuff again. Would be fun to see Deion run the 40 or Faulk, Warner throw the combine passing drill to Irvin.
    An alumni combine. Not a bad idea. Sapp would die trying to run the 40 now.

Side note. Eisen and Mayock are great covering the combine. Eisen is hilarious!

@Gil_Brandt: Can tell guys who've been in training programs when you watch 40s. They glide off the line. Guys not in training programs raise up too fast.

@JennyVrentas: The Giants did a simple restructure of Mathias Kiwaunka's contract, converting $1.5M of 2013 guaranteed base salary to a signing bonus. #nyg

@JennyVrentas: Kiwanuka doesn't lose any cash value over life of his contract. His cap number drops by $1M in '13 but increases slightly in '14, '15. #nyg

@JennyVrentas: The Giants did a simple restructure of Mathias Kiwaunka's contract, converting $1.5M of 2013 guaranteed base salary to a signing bonus. #nyg

@JennyVrentas: Kiwanuka doesn't lose any cash value over life of his contract. His cap number drops by $1M in '13 but increases slightly in '14, '15. #nyg
    Could see Idzik do the same with Holmes. Not drop the cash value but cut some of the guaranteed off the cap.

Hall Of Fame
    An alumni combine. Not a bad idea. Sapp would die trying to run the 40 now.

Side note. Eisen and Mayock are great covering the combine. Eisen is hilarious!
    They are very good. This is Mayock's comfort zone. He is terrible on Thursday Night Football b.c he tries to turn it into a combine update.

I think Warner could still spin it. Deion and Irvin could probably still run. Sapp and Faulk have rounded out a little. Not sure how they would do.

Eisen's 40 is entertaining but it is getting a little old. I think they will have the rest of the guys do stuff in the coming years. Makes for great TV.

Hall Of Fame

Reese doing a Tanny. Go figure.

@Gil_Brandt: Special teams coaches love seeing quick LBs in the 40. Anyone who runs 4.4, 4.5 makes those coaches dream about that player on kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They are very good. This is Mayock's comfort zone. He is terrible on Thursday Night Football b.c he tries to turn it into a combine update.

I think Warner could still spin it. Deion and Irvin could probably still run. Sapp and Faulk have rounded out a little. Not sure how they would do.

Eisen's 40 is entertaining but it is getting a little old. I think they will have the rest of the guys do stuff in the coming years. Makes for great TV.
    @richeisen: My 40 airs tmrw. If you have any tips on running fast in this building, I'm listening RT @PierreGarcon: When is @richeisen running the 40?

@richeisen: That over/under line is not generous, Darius. A little help, please. RT @DariusJButler: Over/Under 5.85 for @richeisen in the 40???
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-25-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Deion's knees are shot he can't run
    Faulk needs to watch the cooking channel and not eat it
    Warner, LT, & Irvin MAY be able to do some things

People were talking about Rex falling "in love" with a player. I might know the one that he might.

Jamie Collins from Southern Miss. Had an 11' 7'' broad jump. Ran a 4.59-4.60 in the 40. 6'3'' 250lbs., 33.75' wingspan.

Weakness: Motor could go cold (Reminds me of Coples), Needs quicker hands, loses track of his position in zone coverage.

@RichCimini: The Jets were among 9 teams that had formal interview sessions with QB Matt Barkley, per @SI_PeterKing. #NFLscoutingcombine #Jets

Fire Idzik
    Didn't he get memo USC QBs will NOT fly for Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Fire Idzik
    Didn't he get memo USC QBs will NOT fly for Jets
    So that means 8 other teams have to fire their GMs too.