Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine News and Other NFL News, Rumors--Monday Feb 25th

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think they were getting at that, since there are more screens and short passes that essentially act like run plays, you need guards who can get out in space and onto the next level to effectively block those plays.
    And I don't believe that that is Warmack's speciality. He is a great run blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Another person that thinks it should change, it hasn't so far. Look at the sack stat leaders from last year. Essentially Geno Atkins is the only inside guy that put up a lot of sacks. Essentially the only one in the top 30.
    Sacks aren't the measure. Neither are they for DTs with all the stunts and blitzing.

Who is this James Collins guy from Mizzou?

Correction: He's from Southern Miss.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And I don't believe that that is Warmack's speciality. He is a great run blocker.
    Not true at all. He is a pretty complete guard. A guy like Warford is more of a road grater and lacks the pass protection skills, but not Warmack.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not true at all. He is a pretty complete guard. A guy like Warford is more of a road grater and lacks the pass protection skills, but not Warmack.
    Could be the fact that Alabama was ground and pound led to my assumption.

Hall Of Fame
    The only pass rushing prospect I would entertain at 9th overall is Ansah and he is boom or bust. Maybe Jones if his health checks out but if it does someone else will snag him first. If we stay at 9 we should draft an OL. If not, we need to trade down. The problem is finding a team that wants to trade up in this draft.

This is the year to solidify our OL, replace Keller and find a decent WCO RB. Maybe sprinkle in a decent slot WR. You simply cannot draft what isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Another person that thinks it should change, it hasn't so far. Look at the sack stat leaders from last year. Essentially Geno Atkins is the only inside guy that put up a lot of sacks. Essentially the only one in the top 30.
    Uhh, Watt???

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Uhh, Watt???
    Watt isn't an inside guy. He is an outside end.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The only pass rushing prospect I would entertain at 9th overall is Ansah and he is boom or bust. Maybe Jones if his health checks out but if it does someone else will snag him first. If we stay at 9 we should draft an OL. If not, we need to trade down. The problem is finding a team that wants to trade up in this draft.

This is the year to solidify our OL, replace Keller and find a decent WCO RB. Maybe sprinkle in a decent slot WR. You simply cannot draft what isn't there.
    the jets can solidify the OL even if they don't draft one in the first round.

The thing is, with a bunch of players projected into the top 10 falling, there are going to have to be players that rise into those positions. Who are those players?

Hall Of Fame
    Watt is a 3-4 DE, plays inside the LT most of the time. Considered an interior D lineman.

3-4 end is not an edge player.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the jets can solidify the OL even if they don't draft one in the first round.
    You're right. But with the 9th pick I just don't see what else we can take. The only "sure things" are the linemen. Unless they want to take a chance on Ansah or Patterson. Most of the DE/OLB prospects are undersized.

I know people here will cry their eyes out if it happens but I can see us taking OL with our first two picks. But if they end up like the 2006 picks those tears will dry up quickly.

All Pro
    The thing is, with a bunch of players projected into the top 10 falling, there are going to have to be players that rise into those positions. Who are those players?
    My guess is Vaccaro, Mingo, Richardson, Lane Johnson, Eifert

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    My guess is Vaccaro, Mingo, Richardson, Lane Johnson, Eifert
    I love Eifert, I just wouldnt have the balls to take him at 9 if I was the GM.

Veteran
    wassup with mongo? all year he was getting love and now he's sh1t? he actually had a good combine today! sub 4.6 40 19 reps outstanding broad jump

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sacks aren't the measure. Neither are they for DTs with all the stunts and blitzing.
    I was specifically addressing the the comment that guards should be drafted thigh to 'keep the pocket clean'.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Slot WR? They have Kerley. I'm guessing Jordan White is an option in the slot too.

@ProFootballWkly: #Eagles released DT Cullen Jenkins. Started every game in the past 2 seasons, 66 tackles and 9.5 sacks since joining Philly in 2011.

All Pro
    While questions seems to be piling up on the players the jets will have to chose from at the #9 spot, at least we have this going for us;

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php