Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine News and Other NFL News, Rumors--Monday Feb 25th

NFL Combine News and Other NFL News, Rumors--Monday Feb 25th

NFL.com/LIVE ‏@NFLcomLIVE
    Day 3 of #NFLCombine drills is nearly here!

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Ziggy Ansah will be 1st up today... He should destroy the 40 and jumps
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-25-2013 at 08:53 AM.

NFL.com/LIVE ‏@NFLcomLIVE
    Mike Tannenbaum will join us on-set during today's workouts. Tweet your questions to #CombineQs and he'll answer the best on-air.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Don't let your boss catch you...but you can follow the combine on http://NFL.com/live . Live streaming every 40 & drill

Hall Of Fame
    Some of these DL/OLs are very impressive. This is definitely a trenches draft.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Jordan looks like a WR. Kid needs to add some weight in a hurry.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How did he look, was he really thin?

I am following Twitter for the 40 times. Just read that Floyd ran a 4.87, that is amazing.

Floyd might take just Star's spot as the Top DT

Are we looking at an Aaron Maybin type situation with this kid?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How did he look, was he really thin?

I am following Twitter for the 40 times. Just read that Floyd ran a 4.87, that is amazing.
    He looked liked a TE, ran like a TE. Ansah is 30lbs heavier and ran a 4.6.

Floyd looks the part. Looks like a top 10 pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Both Jordan and Mingo look skinny as a rail.

These guys are built like safeties.

I'm starting to think the only passrusher I could get on board with at #9 is Damontre Moore.

I doubt Ansah will even be there now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Are we looking at an Aaron Maybin type situation with this kid?
    Jordan can play in space a lot better than Maybin ever did. Not sure how great of a pass rusher he will be though. He may never be a 12 sack kind of guy, but can do things that may make him attractive to some teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Both Jordan and Mingo look skinny as a rail.

These guys are built like safeties.

I'm starting to think the only passrusher I could get on board with at #9 is Damontre Moore.

I doubt Ansah will even be there now.
    I have this feeling Rex is going to fall in love with Ansah. I think he feels he can coach him up and develop him.

I have this feeling Rex is going to fall in love with Ansah. I think he feels he can coach him up and develop him.
    Hopefully Idzik kicks rex's ass out of the war room.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm starting to warm up to Ansah.

You simply can't ignore how much of a physical freak the guy is.

And then there's the report about the Steelers drooling over the guy. And the Steelers know a thing or two about passrushers.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm starting to warm up to Ansah.

You simply can't ignore how much of a physical freak the guy is.

And then there's the report about the Steelers drooling over the guy. And the Steelers know a thing or two about passrushers.
    For all of the talk about speed rushers, the fact is, that there are VERY few NFL pass rushers who weigh less then 250lbs.

In the last 3 years, the only top rushers under that weight are von miller and harrison. Personally I eliminate harrison from that stat as he is only 6'0, so for him to weigh 240-245 lbs at six feet even, shows that he is far from thin.

Both Mingo and Jordan weigh less then 250 while both are over 6'4 in height. That is extremely "light in the ass" for lack of a better term.

If you want jordan for his versatility and to have him in coverage 30% of the time, and rushing as a 4-3 end on obvious passing downs, then ok, but overall, you simply cannot count on a player like mingo to be a 3-4 OLB as he would get absolutely steamrolled vs the run.

Ansah, at 6'6 270 has a build to play with his hand on the ground but also as a stand up OLB who can actually use his strength to hold off a blocker ands et the edge.

The issue with ansah isnt "is he a good fit for us"? The problem is with star and jones medical issues, and no top QB, will ansah even make it to 9.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    For all of the talk about speed rushers, the fact is, that there are VERY few NFL pass rushers who weigh less then 250lbs.

In the last 3 years, the only top rushers under that weight are von miller and harrison. Personally I eliminate harrison from that stat as he is only 6'0, so for him to weigh 240-245 lbs at six feet even, shows that he is far from thin.

Both Mingo and Jordan weigh less then 250 while both are over 6'4 in height. That is extremely "light in the ass" for lack of a better term.

If you want jordan for his versatility and to have him in coverage 30% of the time, and rushing as a 4-3 end on obvious passing downs, then ok, but overall, you simply cannot count on a player like mingo to be a 3-4 OLB as he would get absolutely steamrolled vs the run.

Ansah, at 6'6 270 has a build to play with his hand on the ground but also as a stand up OLB who can actually use his strength to hold off a blocker ands et the edge.

The issue with ansah isnt "is he a good fit for us"? The problem is with star and jones medical issues, and no top QB, will ansah even make it to 9.
    I agree, Jordan is over 6-6 and less than 250 lbs, I would think even an average LT can get leverage on him and bully him around.

Hall Of Fame
    Ziggy looked good in the crossover drills thus far, not as smooth as Jordan, but Jordan used to be a TE and is 30lbs lighter. People will need to be patient with Ansah.

Ziggy looks great out there, and surprisingly more fluid than I thought he would be.

I'm now sold on him.

Unfortunately, I don't think he'll make it to 9

Hall Of Fame
    Who is this Margus Hunt?

Pretty pedestrian combine numbers for Damontre Moore.