Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine News and Other NFL News, Rumors--Monday Feb 25th

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Hopefully Idzik kicks rex's ass out of the war room.
    As much as anyone in this draft Ansah clearly has a large upside. BUT, we need offensive players in the worst way. Warmack and Cooper are can't miss prospects. If we traded down and got a 2nd or 3rd for doing so, I would so draft a kid like Ansah with the promise of drafting offense with the next several picks from 2, 3, 4, and 5th rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's why I say take the surefire stud OL and pick up a guy like Okafor in the 2nd round.

I'm not sold on even one dynamic passrusher emerging from this group.
    It's still early but last years "best guard to come out in a decade" David DeCastro says hi!!

Point being, regardless of position and red flags, every player has the same chance to suck

At this point it is a miracle if ansah is there for us at 9.

Moore is not a top 5 guy, star is really a sad situation and hopefully he will be ok - but certainly not top 5 now, jones has a medical issue, werner isnt impressing.....really problematic on the dline.

Joeckel, Fischer, millner, sharif floyd???

There will be a lot of spots where ansah can go.

Hopefully the browns fall in love with warmack

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    As much as anyone in this draft Ansah clearly has a large upside. BUT, we need offensive players in the worst way. Warmack and Cooper are can't miss prospects. If we traded down and got a 2nd or 3rd for doing so, I would so draft a kid like Ansah with the promise of drafting offense with the next several picks from 2, 3, 4, and 5th rounds.
    Never say that

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I would still take Jarvis Jones if he was there. He played 4 years at Georgia without so much as a peep about his condition.
    His skipping of the combine for seemingly no good reason is more of a red flag for me than his medical condition.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i actually haven't been banging the table for him in a while. i am wondering, though, if the board shakes out a certain way, if vacarro is the pick. they may trade revis, and landry may not return either. they could really use a ballhawk back there who can cover TEs.
    I actually wouldn't be opposed to Vaccaro at this point.

People need to realize that there is no Aldon Smith or Von Miller in this draft. I'm not taking an OLB at #9 just for the sake of taking one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    It's still early but last years "best guard to come out in a decade" David DeCastro says hi!!

Point being, regardless of position and red flags, every player has the same chance to suck
    DeCastro isn't close to Warmack, and I liked DeCastro coming out.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Vaccaro at this point.

People need to realize that there is no Aldon Smith or Von Miller in this draft. I'm not taking an OLB at #9 just for the sake of taking one.
    agree. plus we saw coples can generate pass rush. davis will too. i wouldn't mind vacarro if he's that good. then i imagine they'll go offense in 2 and 3, picking up a guard and wr/rb.

@MikeCairns5: Reports are out that Steve Breaston is making a visit to the Browns. Steelers still considered favorite to land him though.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well then he should have faked a shoulder injury after that pathetic performance on the bench press.
    It was a cumulative fake. Lol.

agree. plus we saw coples can generate pass rush. davis will too. i wouldn't mind vacarro if he's that good. then i imagine they'll go offense in 2 and 3, picking up a guard and wr/rb.
    How do we know Davis can generate a pass rush? He's smaller than the guys at the combine today that everyone is poking holes in.

We have ZERO olb's. It might be our biggest position of need on the team. I'm not saying this to pump up taking an olb at 9 but it is a massive need.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How do we know Davis can generate a pass rush? He's smaller than the guys at the combine today that everyone is poking holes in.
    i didn't say he'd get a lot of sacks. and he's not a de/olb hybrid type. he's a smaller olb with speed. rex will blitz him and he'll probably have his share of pressures.

Jets Insider VIP
    We have ZERO olb's. It might be our biggest position of need on the team. I'm not saying this to pump up taking an olb at 9 but it is a massive need.
    Do you guys think the LB from Rutgers, Khasem Greene could fill that OLB spot in maybe the 3rd round?

Tanny has been doing a decent job in his analysis except for just now when he is talking about the value of late round picks.... ha ha ha

yes, it's a need. so are offensive playmakers, for an anemic offense. the team has massive needs most everywhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    So is OG with both Slauson and Moore on the way out.

Yet there are a ton of you guys who are dead set against taking the best OG prospect to come out in over a decade.

I personally don't understand it.

@LeonSandcastle: Normal prospects answer Qs from scouts. Leon answers Qs from the people. Tweet 'em to #AskSandcastle & I'll answer later.

Hall Of Fame
    i actually haven't been banging the table for him in a while. i am wondering, though, if the board shakes out a certain way, if vacarro is the pick. they may trade revis, and landry may not return either. they could really use a ballhawk back there who can cover TEs.
    They could use Vacarro even if they sign Revis. Landry is a pipe dream right now. Right now Bush and Allen are the only safeties on the roster.

So is OG with both Slauson and Moore on the way out.

Yet there are a ton of you guys who are dead set against taking the best OG prospect to come out in over a decade.

I personally don't understand it.
    Just asking. Wasn't DeCastro labeled the best OG coming out in a decade? I'm not slamming Womack or against taking an OG @ 9. Just a question.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.