Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Michelle Obama at the Oscars!!!!

  1. #1

    Michelle Obama at the Oscars!!!!

    Why not? They're not running for reelection again...the next 4 years will be one middle finger after another to their polical "enemies"-

  2. #2
    It would have been criminal had DDL not won for Lincoln. Also, good for Ben...the guy is as awesome a director as he is a terrible actor. I know he didn't win best director, but still.

    Other than that, Jennifer Lawrence is hot and super cool.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Why not? They're not running for reelection again...the next 4 years will be one middle finger after another to their polical "enemies"-
    Yes, and I am sure you were equally upset, and made threads highlighting your displeasure, when Laura Bush did her celebrity tours during those halcyon Bush years. Its no wonder she had so much time to hang with Elmo and Big Bird; her husband was in the historic process of doing something that was never done in this country; prosecute two wars while cutting taxes (for political purposes) at the same time. Now thats' a recipe for economic success! And we will find those weapons of mass destruction (you know, the reason why we spent trillions of tax dollars and lost thousands of lives) any day now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBUs_9HjB4

    Sunny Day
    Sweepin' the clouds away
    On my way to where the air is sweet (until we rig the EPA with former Oil C.E.O.s)

    Can you tell me how to get,
    How to get to Sesame Street

    Come and play
    Everything's A-OK (Because we can spend trillions while cutting taxes for political gain, then blame the next guy in office)
    Friendly neighbors there
    That's where we meet (like our oil friends in Saudi Arabia)

    Can you tell me how to get
    How to get to Sesame Street
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Important stuff

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Yes, and I am sure you were equally upset, and made threads highlighting your displeasure, when Laura Bush did her celebrity tours during those halcyon Bush years. Its no wonder she had so much time to appear on Sesame Street when her husband was in the process of doing something that was never done in the history of this country; prosecute two wars while cutting taxes (for political purposes) at the same time. Now thats' a recipe for economic success! And we will find those weapons of mass destruction (you know, the reason why we spent trillions of tax dollars and lost thousands of lives) any day now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBUs_9HjB4

    Sunny Day
    Sweepin' the clouds away
    On my way to where the air is sweet

    Can you tell me how to get,
    How to get to Sesame Street

    Come and play
    Everything's A-OK
    Friendly neighbors there
    That's where we meet

    Can you tell me how to get
    How to get to Sesame Street

    It's a magic carpet ride
    Every door will open wide
    To Happy people like you--
    Happy people like
    What a beautiful

    Sunny Day
    Sweepin' the clouds away
    On my way to where the air is sweet

    Can you tell me how to get,
    How to get to Sesame street...

    How to get to Sesame Street

    How to get to...


    As usual you're out in left field. Not much of a surprise.
    Laura Bush's efforts were based on reading and education. Hence Sesame Street. Odd that an educator can't make the connection. But then again educators aren't what they used to be, are they?
    Now, Michelle Obama is all about Move! Too bad she's fat and overweight. What do the Oscars have to do with her platform? Except self promotion for future gain. And politicizing her husband's social agenda.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    As usual you're out in left field. Not much of a surprise.
    Laura Bush's efforts were based on reading and education. Hence Sesame Street. Odd that an educator can't make the connection. But then again educators aren't what they used to be, are they?Now, Michelle Obama is all about Move! Too bad she's fat and overweight. What do the Oscars have to do with her platform? Except self promotion for future gain. And politicizing her husband's social agenda.
    Brother IJF just got owned.

    Michelle Obama also appeared on iCarly, to be fair.

  7. #7
    I didn't bother watching these self promoting idiots.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    As usual you're out in left field. Not much of a surprise.
    Laura Bush's efforts were based on reading and education. Hence Sesame Street. Odd that an educator can't make the connection. But then again educators aren't what they used to be, are they?
    Now, Michelle Obama is all about Move! Too bad she's fat and overweight. What do the Oscars have to do with her platform? Except self promotion for future gain. And politicizing her husband's social agenda.
    If I am in left field then your sitting in the parking lot.

    The fact that you think Michelle Obama is fat shows remarkable ignorance; I mean that sincerely. She is a real woman with real curves not a barbie doll who is one missed meal away from death. She is in excellent shape and could probably run circles around you.

    And only in the mind of a Fox Drone would there be an attempt to make a correlation between exercising/eating healthy and socialism. Glenn Beck would be proud though, you must have taken notes from his chalk board.

    As for the first lady's appearance last night, the last time I checked drama, music, dance and overall performing arts were offered in schools as well. That is until they are cut from the school budget by the far-right loons in office who says we can't find the money for the children................but we must continue to find trillions in tax money for Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Ratheon etc etc..
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-25-2013 at 12:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    If I am in left field then your sitting in the parking lot.

    The fact that you think Michelle Obama is fat shows remarkable ignorance; I mean that sincerely. She is a real woman with real curves not a barbie doll who is one missed meal away from death. She is in excellent shape and could probably run circles around you.

    And only in the mind of a Fox Drone would there be an attempt to make a correlation between exercising/eating healthy and socialism. Glenn Beck would be proud though, you must have taken notes from his chalk board.

    As for the first lady's appearance last night, the last time I checked drama, music, dance and overall performing arts were offered in schools as well. That is until they are cut from the school budget by the far-right loons in office who says we can't find the money for the children................but we must continue to find trillions in tax money for Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Ratheon etc etc..


    FAT. Oprah has curves also. Obama promotes FITNESS yet looks anything but the part. She can not run circles around me or my wife both at least 15years older. Nor can the pres. Not what I was but can still do a sub 6 mile.
    MY wife sub :55 10K. What is all the nonsense about her or Barack being athletes? They were NEVER athletes.
    But then the parallel, I am sure, is beyond your ability to comprehend.
    Jewish studies are offered in schools also. She'll be at a B'nai "B'rith meeting soon?
    NYC schools are funded by the feds? Your knowledge is poorer than I thought. And Lockheed etc get NYC money? WOW.
    Glad my kids were in a good school district with REAL teachers. Who actually knew something. 99% graduation rate. 88% college acceptance. And YOUR performance is ???? Because????? The beauty of socialist teachers. AMERICA IS EVIL. BURN IT DOWN.

  10. #10
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...at-the-oscars/

    great article that does a perfect job explaining just how sickening the first couple are....

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    FAT. Oprah has curves also. Obama promotes FITNESS yet looks anything but the part. She can not run circles around me or my wife both at least 15years older. Nor can the pres. Not what I was but can still do a sub 6 mile.
    MY wife sub :55 10K. What is all the nonsense about her or Barack being athletes? They were NEVER athletes.
    But then the parallel, I am sure, is beyond your ability to comprehend.
    Jewish studies are offered in schools also. She'll be at a B'nai "B'rith meeting soon?
    NYC schools are funded by the feds? Your knowledge is poorer than I thought. And Lockheed etc get NYC money? WOW.
    Glad my kids were in a good school district with REAL teachers. Who actually knew something. 99% graduation rate. 88% college acceptance. And YOUR performance is ???? Because????? The beauty of socialist teachers. AMERICA IS EVIL. BURN IT DOWN.
    Your completely lost if you think Michelle Obama is fat so its not even worth discussing. And not that reality matters but I never said she, or the president was an athlete; another straw man makes an appearance

    Nor did I say that NYC directly pays defense contractors . But the contractors get paid with tax money last I checked. And the tax money comes from tax payers. Simple stuff.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,489
    I was initially surprised to see MO on the Oscars, presenting for Best Picture. What the hell does she have to do with that award? Usually they choose a Hollywood icon like a decorated actor or director to present that award, which clearly would have made a lot more sense. Mrs. Obama, however, has no connection with the entertainment industry and has no place at the Oscars.

    I see our friend IJF is trying to make parallels with Laura Bush appearing on Sesame Street. I mean, that's just idiotic. I would expect a First Lady to appear on Sesame Street. I would not expect Laura Bush, or Hillary Clinton, or Barbara Bush to appear at the Oscars and give out their marquee award.

    As I said, I was initially surprised, but then I considered how enamoured the Obamas are with their own celebrity. They love palling around with celebrities, musicians, and athletes. The post inaugural party in the White House that went well pasted midnight was documented on twitter by guests like John Legend, Katy Perry, and Kerry Washington. They love basking in the glow they create for themselves. It's a tad unseemly, to say the least.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I was initially surprised to see MO on the Oscars, presenting for Best Picture. What the hell does she have to do with that award? Usually they choose a Hollywood icon like a decorated actor or director to present that award, which clearly would have made a lot more sense. Mrs. Obama, however, has no connection with the entertainment industry and has no place at the Oscars.

    I see our friend IJF is trying to make parallels with Laura Bush appearing on Sesame Street. I mean, that's just idiotic. I would expect a First Lady to appear on Sesame Street. I would not expect Laura Bush, or Hillary Clinton, or Barbara Bush to appear at the Oscars and give out their marquee award.

    As I said, I was initially surprised, but then I considered how enamoured the Obamas are with their own celebrity. They love palling around with celebrities, musicians, and athletes. The post inaugural party in the White House that went well pasted midnight was documented on twitter by guests like John Legend, Katy Perry, and Kerry Washington. They love basking in the glow they create for themselves. It's a tad unseemly, to say the least.
    there hasn't been a bigger star f*cker politician in history than Bill Clinton, but the Obama's are right up there with him. Bro-huggin Jamie Foxx at his first inaugural was all I needed to see (I held out some "hope" myself)...& it was all downhill from there.

    The Obama's love affair with Jay Z/Beyonce is even worse, if possible...his lyrics speak for themselves.

    God help us

  14. #14
    I don't see where the shock comes from here. The Obamas are and always have been the Hollywood first couple. Barry golfing with Tiger and hanging with Beyonce and Jay-Z. This is who they were in the 1st term and nothing has changed. They were reelected. People don't care about this stuff or they like it. Either way this feels like manufactured outrage to me. Who cares what Michelle does. I dislike her husband's politics but she seems like a lovely woman and fine role model to me.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...at-the-oscars/

    great article that does a perfect job explaining just how sickening the first couple are....
    Had to watch this to confirm i wasn't crazy. Mrs. Obama isn't anything that remotely approaches "fat".

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,755
    LMFAO

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Why not? They're not running for reelection again...the next 4 years will be one middle finger after another to their polical "enemies"-
    You are one angry young man, she wasn't even there.
    Last edited by FF2; 02-25-2013 at 06:59 PM.

  18. #18
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I was initially surprised to see MO on the Oscars, presenting for Best Picture. What the hell does she have to do with that award? Usually they choose a Hollywood icon like a decorated actor or director to present that award, which clearly would have made a lot more sense. Mrs. Obama, however, has no connection with the entertainment industry and has no place at the Oscars.

    I see our friend IJF is trying to make parallels with Laura Bush appearing on Sesame Street. I mean, that's just idiotic. I would expect a First Lady to appear on Sesame Street. I would not expect Laura Bush, or Hillary Clinton, or Barbara Bush to appear at the Oscars and give out their marquee award.

    As I said, I was initially surprised, but then I considered how enamoured the Obamas are with their own celebrity. They love palling around with celebrities, musicians, and athletes. The post inaugural party in the White House that went well pasted midnight was documented on twitter by guests like John Legend, Katy Perry, and Kerry Washington. They love basking in the glow they create for themselves. It's a tad unseemly, to say the least.
    I can get with that; the only saving grace was the reminder that the movies DO count in the life experiences of (most) children, and to please honor that responsibility as a film maker. I thought that was excellent, if a wee bit misplaced. Jack Nicholson throwing to the FIrst Lady handled that very difficult segue.

    Didn't Reagen stick his nose into Hollywood dealings? Just.Say.No.?

  19. #19
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,407
    What a bunch of whiners! You guys are consistent, I will say that.

  20. #20
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I can get with that; the only saving grace was the reminder that the movies DO count in the life experiences of (most) children, and to please honor that responsibility as a film maker. I thought that was excellent, if a wee bit misplaced. Jack Nicholson throwing to the FIrst Lady handled that very difficult segue.

    Didn't Reagen stick his nose into Hollywood dealings? Just.Say.No.?
    Well Reagan was an actor; his nose was already firmly entrenched in Hollywood years before he entered politics. Unlike the Obamas, he didn't need to use his political largesse to muscle his way into La La Land. That was old hat for him.

    Imagine if Django won best picture. That would have been awkward. Or even Zero Dark Thirty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us