Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinstar's top 10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why do you see Barkley at 7 and before Smith.
    His upside is he could be a bit taller Brees. I could very well see Zona if they don't make a FA QB move. I still think he is easy the best QB in this draft. The thing is they don't have a lot of cash to spend. They need to bring in someone to compete with Kolb. If Fitz complains enough to the FO they will get who ever he wants. New coach new QB and he is Bruces kind of QB. I could without a doubt see the Cards building around a guy like Barkley. That said being a USC QB I get the hesitation and understand why people think he is a 2nd rounder. All it takes is one guy to see a future franchise QB jump on him though you never know. Never thought Ponder would see the 1st much less that high and he wasn't as good as Barkley.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    New coach new QB and he is Bruces kind of QB.
    Couldn't (respectfully) disagree any more with that statement.

Arians has always run a vertical-based offense.

That's how it was in Pittsburgh and that's how it was last year in Indy.

Two things why it is a terrible fit for Barkley and why I don't see any interest in him by Arizona:

1) Barkley lacks the arm to consistently push the ball down the field. I don't care that he plays in a temperate climate. Not only that, but he didn't even run close to that system in college. I just don't see the fit.

2) Barkley lacks the within-the-pocket mobility to allow plays to develop down the field. Barkley is hardly an athlete. With the amount of 7 step drops and the line in front of him, he's going to get murdered.

Ask any Steelers fan... they constantly begged for shorter drops for Ben because he would have to avoid the pass rush on nearly every down just so he could have time to strike down field. Luckily for them, Big Ben is built like a monster and can physically shed the pass rush better than all but about anyone.

And as far as Luck goes, if he didn't come in with such great pocket awareness, he would have been sacked even more times than his 41 last year (tied for 4th worst in the NFL). Thankfully for the Colts, his sack percentage was middle of the pack because he was so great at stepping up in the pocket to buy extra time. Barkley isn't half the athlete (let alone overall QB) that Luck is. He would get clobbered behind that sieve of a line down in Arizona.

I'm sorry. I just don't see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Couldn't (respectfully) disagree any more with that statement.

Arians has always run a vertical-based offense.

That's how it was in Pittsburgh and that's how it was last year in Indy.

Two things why it is a terrible fit for Barkley and why I don't see any interest in him by Arizona:

1) Barkley lacks the arm to consistently push the ball down the field. I don't care that he plays in a temperate climate. Not only that, but he didn't even run close to that system in college. I just don't see the fit.

2) Barkley lacks the within-the-pocket mobility to allow plays to develop down the field. Barkley is hardly an athlete. With the amount of 7 step drops and the line in front of him, he's going to get murdered.

Ask any Steelers fan... they constantly begged for shorter drops for Ben because he would have to avoid the pass rush on nearly every down just so he could have time to strike down field. Luckily for them, Big Ben is built like a monster and can physically shed the pass rush better than all but about anyone.

And as far as Luck goes, if he didn't come in with such great pocket awareness, he would have been sacked even more times than his 41 last year (tied for 4th worst in the NFL). Thankfully for the Colts, his sack percentage was middle of the pack because he was so great at stepping up in the pocket to buy extra time. Barkley isn't half the athlete (let alone overall QB) that Luck is. He would get clobbered behind that sieve of a line down in Arizona.

I'm sorry. I just don't see it.
    Who has a better arm, Barkley or Sanchez ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Chiefs : Eric Fisher
    This team has a Running game a bunch of probowlers but can't protect it's QB. The biggest need is QB, but since none exist worthy of this pick, the next best thing is a LT who can protect the QB and continue the solid effort in run blocking that Fisher offers over Joeckel.

Jags : Sharrif Floyd
    Teams need defensive front 7 help and this cat is the best available prospect .

Raiders : Bjoern Werner
    Raiders devastated with the jags picking Floyd and takes the Seminole DE. I don't really like this pick. Maybe Jordan goes here.

Eagles : Luke Joeckel
    The OL almost got Mike Vic killed last season. This LT is too good to pass on.

Lions : Dee Milliner
    Kid couldn't catch a cold in a flu outbreak, but he doesn't let many receivers catch the football either.

Browns : Chance Warmack
    There best player is a RB so the team builds a wall in front of him just like he had at Bama.

Cards : Matt Barkley
    Best fit for Bruce Ariens.

Bills : Geno Smith
    Teams needs a QB. This team just might be stupid enough to take the WR, but i think the need for a QB trumps the urge.

Jets : Zeke Ansah
    When you can't stop the run around the edge or get to the QB without scheming, you take a player who has all the trademarks of your best OLB but a greater ability to get to the QB.

Titans : Kenny Vacarro
    Titans need safeties more than any other position on the team.
    JMo Raiders will try to trade down in this draft. If they can't and Joeckel or Fisher on the board I think they take one of them. I would say Chance Warmack has a better chance of being the third pick than Werner. I would say Ansah would be more of an option for Reggie Mckenzie than werner.

BTW I think history has shown you can get a good DT later in the draft and lot harder to find top pass rushers. So you like a pass rusher there you make the pick . Werner doesn't do anything for me.(would be devasted if he was the pick)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When there's no QB and no concensus stand out defensive stud available to be taken with the 1st pick, the next best thing is to pick the best player at a position of need that protects the blind side of your most valuable asset who can also run block . The Joker is an excellent pass blocker, but he's not your best run blocker. Fisher has that ability more so than The Joker and that's why i put him ahead.

It will come down to who the Chiefs like the best but one of the LTs is going to be the 1st overall pick and the next one is going to be taken at the spot currently occupied by the Eagles.
    I don't see the Chiefs drafting Joeckel or Fisher at number 1. For two reason. First Chiefs have their tackles LT Brandon Albert and RT Eric winston. You don't improve your team by not resigning your LT(whose pretty good) and drafting his replacement. ( you would like to address a weak area ) .

This clearly is a smoke screen as the Chiefs are probably looking to trade down with the eagles. (who need the LT more than the Chiefs)

I wouldn't discount the raiders from taking one of the top tackles if they are on the board. I would really be surprised if Raiders took a DT with their first pick. It will be a Olineman or the best pass rusher they like.(don't believe that Werner)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who has a better arm, Barkley or Sanchez ?
    We're putting Sanchez in Arians's offense?

Otherwise your question is beyond irrelevant.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evan Silva @evansilva

NFC West free safeties would love Matt Barkley in Arians' offense. His "vertical" throws are moonshot rainbows. Will be like catching punts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Evan Silva @evansilva

NFC West free safeties would love Matt Barkley in Arians' offense. His "vertical" throws are moonshot rainbows. Will be like catching punts.
    LOL...good find. I agree Barkley in Arians system is a recipe for disaster. I see a guy like Glennon or Bray a much better fit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd prefer Jordan or Mingo to Ansah or Werner.

Cards will take whomever KC doesn't take (i.e. Fischer or Joeckel).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I don't see the Chiefs drafting Joeckel or Fisher at number 1. For two reason. First Chiefs have their tackles LT Brandon Albert and RT Eric winston. You don't improve your team by not resigning your LT(whose pretty good) and drafting his replacement. ( you would like to address a weak area ) .

This clearly is a smoke screen as the Chiefs are probably looking to trade down with the eagles. (who need the LT more than the Chiefs)

I wouldn't discount the raiders from taking one of the top tackles if they are on the board. I would really be surprised if Raiders took a DT with their first pick. It will be a Olineman or the best pass rusher they like.(don't believe that Werner)
    Peters is better then Albert easy. Albert isn't very good as a LT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the Eagles switching to a 3-4 their 1st pick better be an DL. Outside of Cox they have nothing.