Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Brooklyn Assembly Democrat Caught Wearing Black Face & Afro Wig!

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I was more curious as to what this Purim parade is all about. Not familiar with this holiday.
    You should try learning about others religions.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    I presume that Democrats will demand Hikind's resignation? Nah, he's a Democrat so he's OK. The newspaper has already started in on the political deflection calling Hikind a "conservative" - i.e. Republican.

    Oh, for FFS. It's a purim costume, not a minstrel show.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    And if Hikind wandered around the party acting like a minstrel in one of those shows, he should be reprimanded. If he just dressed up like a 70s basketball player, that's not taboo. It's not mocking anyone, in any way shape or form, any more than he would have been mocking George Lucas if he'd dressed up as Chewbacca.

    (In case anyone's wondering, I was Dr. Doofenschmirtz for purim; my wife was Perry the Platypus )

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    And if Hikind wandered around the party acting like a minstrel in one of those shows, he should be reprimanded. If he just dressed up like a 70s basketball player, that's not taboo. It's not mocking anyone, in any way shape or form, any more than he would have been mocking George Lucas if he'd dressed up as Chewbacca.

    (In case anyone's wondering, I was Dr. Doofenschmirtz for purim; my wife was Perry the Platypus )
    Just the fact that there is a term called "blackface" is enough to know not to do it. People get offended and politicians should know better than to expose themselves to criticism based on something that can be perceived as possibly racist. This is something that most people know not to do already. I'm wondering what you thought of my hypothesis that Hinking being an orthodox Jew may not have known it was taboo because he may not be as exposed to pop culture considering his background?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Just the fact that there is a term called "blackface" is enough to know not to do it. People get offended and politicians should know better than to expose themselves to criticism based on something that can be perceived as possibly racist. This is something that most people know not to do already. I'm wondering what you thought of my hypothesis that Hinking being an orthodox Jew may not have known it was taboo because he may not be as exposed to pop culture considering his background?


    Chief, agree here BUT I can not believe ANYONE is so sheltered as to not understand basic taboos in our society.
    Now, if he was a guy who just came over from Poland, I give him a pass.

  6. #26

  7. #27
    The Political Bottom Line:

    If Hikind were a Republican the Democrats would be demanding his resignation 24/7. It would be broadcast nationally on MSNBC.

    No equivocation. None.

    But because he's a Democrat he gets a pass.


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    The Political Bottom Line:

    If Hikind were a Republican the Democrats would be demanding his resignation 24/7. It would be broadcast nationally on MSNBC.

    No equivocation. None.

    But because he's a Democrat he gets a pass.

    Which begs the question why isn't fox news and the Republicans trying to drum him out? Maybe they don't care about racist behavior by members of Congress, particualarly ones that are from Democratic districts that endorse Republican Presidential candidates.

  9. #29
    Example of political equivocation below:

    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Which begs the question why isn't fox news and the Republicans trying to drum him out? Maybe they don't care about racist behavior by members of Congress, particualarly ones that are from Democratic districts that endorse Republican Presidential candidates.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Example of political equivocation below:



    Seems to me you should be happy the Dems are acting like Republicans. Why the fake outrage?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Love that

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Love that
    The show has been very good of late.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Chief, agree here BUT I can not believe ANYONE is so sheltered as to not understand basic taboos in our society.
    Now, if he was a guy who just came over from Poland, I give him a pass.
    Not sure there. Some sects of orthodox Jews are similar to Amish people in that they don't have TV's in their homes and generally try to avoid things having to do with pop culture. I don't know if that is the case with Hinkind though. It would be hard to imagine that a guy in congress was that sheltered.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Which begs the question why isn't fox news and the Republicans trying to drum him out? Maybe they don't care about racist behavior by members of Congress, particualarly ones that are from Democratic districts that endorse Republican Presidential candidates.
    Probably because "Fox News and the Republicans" have been the consistent victims of senseless and baseless accusations of racism and they would likely avoid the hippocrisy of doing the same to others. They are more likely to simply point out the fact that the liberal media clearly has a double standard when it comes to where they direct their manufactured outrage.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,194
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    The Political Bottom Line:

    If Hikind were a Republican the Democrats would be demanding his resignation 24/7. It would be broadcast nationally on MSNBC.

    No equivocation. None.

    But because he's a Democrat he gets a pass.

    That's ridiculous.

    The guy did something stupid, he is/was getting panned for it by the media and other politicians alike and after being obstinate for a bit, he came to his senses and apologized. He's not getting a pass.

    Are you really suggesting that if he was a Republican, there would be calls for his resignation?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Probably because "Fox News and the Republicans" have been the consistent victims of senseless and baseless accusations of racism and they would likely avoid the hippocrisy of doing the same to others. They are more likely to simply point out the fact that the liberal media clearly has a double standard when it comes to where they direct their manufactured outrage.
    Please stop describing the GOP as victims it is comical.
    Last edited by cr726; 02-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Probably because "Fox News and the Republicans" have been the consistent victims of senseless and baseless accusations of racism and they would likely avoid the hippocrisy of doing the same to others. They are more likely to simply point out the fact that the liberal media clearly has a double standard when it comes to where they direct their manufactured outrage.
    Now that was some funny sh** chiefs.

    I agree the Republicans were victims of racism. They were so pissed at our Black President they couldn't come up with a tax deduction they would actually get rid of to lower tax rates.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,506
    Typical lib "logic" only blacks have the moral authority to appear in public as black and dopes who wouldnt know a minstrel show from a menstrual cycle must approve even the most innocuous Purim festooning, but gays can queer up marriage and dress up as/fashion crude genitalia of the opposite sex as they please - it's their human right
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-27-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Now that was some funny sh** chiefs.

    I agree the Republicans were victims of racism. They were so pissed at our Black President they couldn't come up with a tax deduction they would actually get rid of to lower tax rates.
    Yes you got it there. Republicans don't like it when a BLACK president spends us into oblivion. They prefer whitey do it. And the TEA Party is an extension of the KKK too.

    Obviously you and CR don't follow politics very closely because every day on MSNBC we hear another accusation of racism against Republicans. Essentially any time someone is against a policy dictate of Barry they are accused of being a racist. It is part of the filthy way progressives go about ramming their harmful policies down the throats of the people. Demonize and denigrate the competition. Just yesterday Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Bob Woodward was threatened by the White House to stop his honest reporting because to paraphrase Obama's words "if he doesn't stop he will regret it".

    P.S. your post was the perfect example of how liberals quickly lobby completely baseless charges and inuendo of racism at the GOP. Thank you for proving my point with your post.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's ridiculous.

    The guy did something stupid, he is/was getting panned for it by the media and other politicians alike and after being obstinate for a bit, he came to his senses and apologized. He's not getting a pass.

    Are you really suggesting that if he was a Republican, there would be calls for his resignation?
    If a Republican had done what Hinkin had done they absolutely would have been tossed from the party and shunned.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us